Tried Battlefield: Bad Company 2 single player with high-end CAN's and Dolby headphone - WOW!
Mar 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Gamerphile

500+ Head-Fier
Damm thats the sh**. The kicked up the immersion on notch with this new game and when using 5.1/7.1 and then a Dolby Headphone enabled audio device to mix it down to my CAN's amp'er - it sounded so great with my PC350 and HD 800
evil_smiley.gif
And I don't usually take game sound for some nearly as good as a movie but this just worked - atmosphere so think I could cut a knife thought it.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 35
while i wasnt a fan of the gameplay, the sound was fantastic in the multiplayer demo, even through some not so great logitech's.

the warthog's flying overhead with it's 30mm firing was the best.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 35
DICE have always taken care with the audio. You may be surprised how good audio it´s in many of todays games... When they start to cost billions to produce they also start to care about making the audio production top notch
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 35
Agreed. The sound is definitely one of the strong points of the game. Especially the weapon fire. Overall, way, way above MW2 or many games for that matter.

OP: What do you mean by Quote:

when using 5.1/7.1 and then a Dolby Headphone enabled audio device to mix it down to my CAN's amp'er

I've got an x-fi titanium>ming da mc84-07>stereo cans. What kind of Dolby Headphone enabled audio device are you referring to? Thanks.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #5 of 35
Billions to produce? I can't wait for the day that it does actually cost that much
smily_headphones1.gif

But yea man, the trailer was amazing...and I had the Astro Mixamp back in the day and loved the thing; great sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #8 of 35
Haha.... my first pair of good headphones was bought for games; the sennheiser 555s. I loved those things. Excellent soundstage and an open design to hear my friends yelling (got them for MLG Orlando, Halo 3). Amazing how I can get those from reading here for maybe a week and now look where I am a year later.

s:flo2 -> gold/copper mini -> RSA Tomahawk -> Recable Triple.Fi 10
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damm thats the sh**. The kicked up the immersion on notch with this new game and when using 5.1/7.1 and then a Dolby Headphone enabled audio device to mix it down to my CAN's amp'er - it sounded so great with my PC350 and HD 800
evil_smiley.gif
And I don't usually take game sound for some nearly as good as a movie but this just worked - atmosphere so think I could cut a knife thought it.

Gaming with the HD800/K1000 is my ultimate dream set up..

Mar 6, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 35
I just got this game last night and have only played about 30 mins of the campaign, but I have played about 2 or 3 hours multiplayer with my brother. The sound really is great. I have two 10" Velodyne subs and my house was being pounded when the mortars were dropping in on me...

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #11 of 35
Dolby Headphone can do great things for games. I had an X-Fi Titanium for a short while before I switched to a Xonar DX. CMSS 3D (Creative's alternative) just didn't cut it. Then again, it hardly ever worked right even when the X-Fi wasn't making my computer bluescreen... it's easier to get an ISA TV tuner running under Windows 3.1 than it is to get an X-Fi Titanium to play nice with Windows 7 x64.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #12 of 35
I concur. It sounded great on the beta.

Now if only my PC was powerful enough to run it on something less than low with playable FPS.

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #13 of 35
Havent heard BC2 yet, ill have to check it out, but i remember the first time i played halo 2 with my pioneer SE-DIR800C's, and it blew me away. Bungie is another studio that puts a ton of effort into making the audio sound absolutely amazing, if only their graphics were as good...

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFGR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what's the optimal setup for BC2 and x-fi, something like that ? X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone - Guru3D.com Forums

OP what are your in-game settings ? HI-FI and speakcount=6 in settings.ini ?

Just used "home theater" and remember to set 5.1 in your windows audio settings before hand. Any Dolby product will due as they all use the same but one with S/P-DIF out or very good DAC would be best. Working on modding mine for S/P-DIF.... its a special something i got from someone who isn't supply with S/P-DIF but we are trying to take it out directly from the chip - almost worked last week
popcorn.gif

BTW stop guessing - it has nothing to do with that amp that DR. Sennheiser hinted might be coming (I still don't know if thats a thing or not - dammit
confused_face(1).gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back