TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Sep 3, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #3,001 of 3,865
When it comes to cables, the one thing that can make something of a difference is isolation. Otherwise, differences are cosmetic or homeopathic.
I buy upgrade cables for balanced plugs. And sometimes just because the sixteen core ones just look cool. But I'd never spend a lot on a cable unless it's a fancy bespoke one for a pair of cans I can't get a mass produced one for to get a balanced plug.

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,002 of 3,865
When it comes to cables, the one thing that can make something of a difference is isolation. Otherwise, differences are cosmetic or homeopathic.
I buy upgrade cables for balanced plugs. And sometimes just because the sixteen core ones just look cool. But I'd never spend a lot on a cable unless it's a fancy bespoke one for a pair of cans I can't get a mass produced one for to get a balanced plug.
I agree, if someone has the need for a balanced cable that is a good opportunity to consider cables that appeal to you for your preferred reasons. KBear/TRI have a wide selection of cables at reasonable prices.

However, what we must note is that @WendyLi used the words, "upgrade cable" and "improvement", she did not suggest that any cable upgrades sound or is an improvement on sound quality. Further, @WendyLi did specifically say you may want to buy upgrade cables from other brands, that would indicate that the aim of talking about cables is not a money grab.

All I ask is that we are all polite to each other and avoid the debate about the sonic qualities of cables, which generally leads to thing, argument.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #3,003 of 3,865
Hello, thank you for your reply

When it comes to the sound of my TRI I3 + Qudelix-5K + my current cable, I can say that I am pleased in overall. It is just that, sometimes, I would prefer a softer sound... Sometimes the treble sounds a bit harsh... I am listening to Amazon HD almost exclusively + some YouTube. I am listening to Electronica 80% of the time. Trance, Progressive, Vocal Trance. The rest of the time, I am listening to Pop music from the 80s until today. My EQ is set to... Classical preset because, believe it or not, that sounds best to my ears! The truth is, I have not tried the stock TRI I3 cable almost at all because I "rushed" to purchase the Linsoul TRIPOWIN I am currently using, straight away due to the 2.5mm Balanced output, I wanted to use.

I would appreciate it if @WendyLi would offer her opinion, as well, especially regarding which is the correct type of this cable for me.

Thank you.
I am afraid that Grace-S will not provide you with a softer sound, Grace-S is more of passion and tighter. Grace-C is softer than Grave-S.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #3,004 of 3,865
Maybe the first custom made starlight in the world.
(
Belong to @kin HGD, made before starlight released.)

屏幕截图 2021-09-03 183946.png

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #3,007 of 3,865
I am afraid that Grace-S will not provide you with a softer sound, Grace-S is more of passion and tighter. Grace-C is softer than Grave-S.
Oh no, really?

Are you referring to this cable?

Can I change my order now and buy that one? The order was given yesterday, Friday September 3

EDIT: I've contacted the KBEAR Official Store via chat, asking if Grace-S is softer than Grace-C and, if so, requesting to change my order (if possible)

UPDATE: After confirmation from the KBEAR Store, I've canceled the order of the Grace-S and ordered the Grace-C cable.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #3,009 of 3,865
Sep 4, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #3,013 of 3,865
Guys, for you that have both i3 and i3pro, on the mid only (which I supposed is handled by planar).. Beside the revised tuning that said to make i3pro sound smoother, do you find that the resolution and detail are different? Or the same?

Tri never mention about new drivers, so I wonder whether i3pro use the same drivers as before, with the optimization on other aspects (casing, crossover, etc.)

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #3,014 of 3,865
Cable Talk - TRI Grace-S Impressions
[Excludes sonic attributes]

Point to Note
Given the divisive nature of many issues in these forums, particularly cable related issues, I would like to make it clear that this review does not touch on the sonic attributes of cables.

Introduction
The new top of the range cable from TRI. The Grace is a two-core 6N Silver-Plated crystal copper plus 4N pure Copper mix cable.

20210905_145443_01.jpg

Shown here, in the middle, flanked by the beautiful standard cable of the TRI I3 Pros on the left, and the lovely standard cable for the TRI Starshines on the right of this photograph.

Description
It comes in various permutations of the following:

On the earpieces connection end, you have the option of two-pin or MMCX.

On the source end, you have the option of, 2.5mm balanced, 3.5mm single ended, or 4.4mm balanced plug options.

Screenshot_20210905-212529_Gallery.jpg

With no intention of being a shill for TRI, it is also worth noting that TRI, and other brands, offer various adapters for 3.5mm both single ended and balanced and 4.4mm balanced for even more options.

20210905_144645_01.jpg

TRI straight adapters on the left; 6.3mm adapter in the middle; and TRI 90 degree angled adapters on the right, which include the 3.5mm balanced plug adapter.

Packaging
It was only recently that manufacturers sold us cables nicely packaged in a cardboard box with a clear plastic window through which we could admire their product, a few seconds before we tear it all apart. We now get packaging which indicate that manufacturers are more environmentally conscious. In the case of the Grace-S cable what you get is a capacious fabric covered hard case containing your cable.

Impressions
The Grace-S cable is beautifully made and stands out with its silvery white coat.
20210905_150322_04.jpg

Seen here entwined with the beautiful standard cable for the TRI I3 Pros.

Out of the box the cable does have packaging kinks, which quickly straighten up. The thickness of the cable is immediately obvious and it feels fairly solid.

The Grace-S has a silver shiny solid metal cable adjuster (or chin slider) and a similar design also metal is used for the wire spliter, at which point a two wire braid is separated into one piece of the cable on each side.

I would not say the cable is light, as it is not, but it feels substantial in hand and engenders confidence in the product.

20210905_152446_04.jpg

Grace-S cable seen here gracing my TRI Starlights.

Conclusion
The most appealing point of the Grace-S cable is the aesthetics. They look incredibly good and feel just as good.

Disclosure:
A review sample of the Grace-S cable was sent to me by @WendyLi for an honest review. I have neither been paid for this or any other review, nor have I been asked, at any point, to submit a positive review of any product at anytime.

As an enthusiast of TRI products, it may be argued that I have an unconscious bias in favour of TRI products. However, from my perspective, I make every attempt to be objective in my assessment of TRI products. In other words if a product fell short of what is acceptable I would not hesitate in making my view known both to TRI and to existing and potential customers.

Note: Unless otherwise stated here, every product here, including TRI products in these photographs are my own and were paid for by me.

Enjoy your music!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #3,015 of 3,865
Cable Talk - TRI Grace-S Impressions
[Excludes sonic attributes]

Point to Note
Given the divisive nature of many issues in these forums, particularly cable related issues, I would like to make it clear that this review does not touch on the sonic attributes of cables.

Introduction
The new top of the range cable from TRI. The Grace is a two-core 6N Silver-Plated crystal copper plus 4N pure Copper mix cable.

20210905_145443_01.jpg
Shown here, in the middle, flanked by the beautiful standard cable of the TRI I3 Pros on the left, and the lovely standard cable for the TRI Starshines on the right of this photograph.

Description
It comes in various permutations of the following:

On the earpieces connection end, you have the option of two-pin or MMCX.

On the source end, you have the option of, 2.5mm balanced, 3.5mm single ended, or 4.4mm balanced plug options.

Screenshot_20210905-212529_Gallery.jpg

With no intention of being a shill for TRI, it is also worth noting that TRI, and other brands, offer various adapters for 3.5mm both single ended and balanced and 4.4mm balanced for even more options.

20210905_144645_01.jpg
TRI straight adapters on the left; 6.3mm adapter in the middle; and TRI 90 degree angled adapters on the right, which include the 3.5mm balanced plug adapter.

Packaging
It was only recently that manufacturers sold us cables nicely packaged in a cardboard box with a clear plastic window through which we could admire their product, a few seconds before we tear it all apart. We now get packaging which indicate that manufacturers are more environmentally conscious. In the case of the Grace-S cable what you get is a capacious fabric covered hard case containing your cable.

Impressions
The Grace-S cable is beautifully made and stands out with its silvery white coat.
20210905_150322_04.jpg
Seen here entwined with the beautiful standard cable for the TRI I3 Pros.

Out of the box the cable does have packaging kinks, which quickly straighten up. The thickness of the cable is immediately obvious and it feels fairly solid.

The Grace-S has a silver shiny solid metal cable adjuster (or chin slider) and a similar design also metal is used for the wire spliter, at which point a two wire braid is separated into one piece of the cable on each side.

I would not say the cable is light, as it is not, but it feels substantial in hand and engenders confidence in the product.

20210905_152446_04.jpg
Grace-S cable seen here gracing my TRI Starlights.

Conclusion
The most appealing point of the Grace-S cable is the aesthetics. They look incredibly good and feel just as good.

Disclosure:
A review sample of the Grace-S cable was sent to me by @WendyLi for an honest review. I have neither been paid for this or any other review, nor have I been asked, at any point, to submit a positive review of any product at anytime.

As an enthusiast of TRI products, it may be argued that I have an unconscious bias in favour of TRI products. However, from my perspective, I make every attempt to be objective in my assessment of TRI products. In other words if a product fell short of what is acceptable I would not hesitate in making my view known both to TRI and to existing and potential customers.

Note: Unless otherwise stated here, every product here, including TRI products in these photographs are my own and were paid for by me.

Enjoy your music!

Beautiful !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back