TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #2,191 of 3,865
The Starshine doesn't have a DD? Wow where will the bass come from, and it is 56ohms at 98DB....this is not for a mobile phone. I don't even think my HiBy R5, 4.4mm will do it much justice.
Apparently, there are two Sonion Electrostatic tweeters, Knowles Balanced Amatures, one (29689) for mids and Knowles 22955 for the low end.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #2,192 of 3,865
Apparently, there are two Sonion Electrostatic tweeters, Knowles Balanced Amatures, one (29689) for mids and Knowles 22955 for the low end.
It won't be tuned for the bass end that's for sure. It's an unusual implementation and will take some driving. I'm sure we will get a review or two soon. TRi are an interesting company and willing to take risks. I've heard their whole line up and they make great IEMs...will be interesting. Are you interested in it?

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #2,193 of 3,865
It won't be tuned for the bass end that's for sure. It's an unusual implementation and will take some driving. I'm sure we will get a review or two soon. TRi are an interesting company and willing to take risks. I've heard their whole line up and they make great IEMs...will be interesting. Are you interested in it?
Yes, it would be interesting to see how the Knowles driver fares in delivering bass tones.

To answer your question, "Are you interested?" Most Definitely!

However, we will see how it goes.

Apr 28, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #2,195 of 3,865
It's been over 8 years. Is there anyone that still loves this song?
😎

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybirL3EtMb8

Apr 29, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #2,197 of 3,865
i have a question, how big is the starsea compared to moondrop ssp or starfields?
Will receive Starsea in days and will pit up comparison shots/impressions.
i can compare it with Kimino Shiranai Monogatari if you wish:beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #2,200 of 3,865
Dear KBEAR friends,
Our vacation time is from May 1st to May 5th.
Just place orders and contact us normally, and we will try our best to reply you within 24 hours. About logistics tracking problem, we will update it after coming back to you from the holiday. Thanks for your kind understanding, and hope every person can celebrate and enjoy its Labor's Day!

5.1.jpg

Apr 30, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #2,201 of 3,865
Just noticed Starsea tuning is reminiscent to 64Audio U12t? That’ll be interesting...! Any measurements for Starsea vs U12t?

I ordered from keephifi@129+misc, so it’s not for me but just FYI, aliexpress cyber monday type sale is ongoing for another 16 hours, Starsea is 107usd, definitely a good buy👍

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqLT2f3

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #2,202 of 3,865
The "Amazing Bass" setting is not amazing for a basshead but as you said it is very good, that is why I am happy with that setting.
I am not a basshead, and I'm perfectly happy with the amount of bass in the "Amazing Bass" tuning.
The bass quality is quite good, but not amazing - UM Mest JP is not feeling threatened :jecklinsmile:

Generally, the Starseas are a treble-fiend's IEM, hence the focus is elsewhere, not primarily the bass.
Starsea's default tuning is a bit treble-heavy, but in the "Amazing Bass" tuning it's centered more around bass and lower mids

Glad you managed to get them in the setting you wanted eventually.
I just wish it didn't take the amount of effort I had to put in...

Too bad that in the "Amazing Bass" tuning, Starsea loses the transparency of the default tuning.
I really love the timbre and tonal balance of "Amazing Bass", but it has some warm veil.

If it could do both at the same time, it would be a TOTL IEM.
Maybe Starlight is like that?
Don't know if I'll ever get a chance to hear one, going through a hell now with the Kbear Official Store about my Starlight order.
It's my second worst Aliexpress experience ever, which says a lot with my amount of Aliexpress experience:

1619816459769.png

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #2,203 of 3,865
I really love the timbre and tonal balance of "Amazing Bass", but it has some warm veil.
I have that feeling when I pick up a bass-focused set after listening to a brighter and airy set. In any case, at their price, the Starseas are incredibly special. I am sure there are flagships that cannot match the Starseas for clarity and detail retrieval.

Don't know if I'll ever get a chance to hear one, going through a hell now with the Kbear Official Store about my Starlight order.
It's my second worst Aliexpress experience ever, which says a lot with my amount of Aliexpress experience:
I am sorry to hear that, as my experience with KBEAR and TRI has been positive. Maybe @WendyLi can help when she gets back.

Edit: for sleep induced error 😵

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #2,204 of 3,865
I agree with you about the clarity and detail retrieval on the Starsea, I thought it could not be improved upon but I received the Aiderlot M5 yesterday (5 Knowles BA) and they sound remarkably similar. Wonderful timbre in the mids, airy and transparent treble and accurate linear bass.

May 1, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #2,205 of 3,865
I agree with you about the clarity and detail retrieval on the Starsea, I thought it could not be improved upon but I received the Aiderlot M5 yesterday (5 Knowles BA) and they sound remarkably similar. Wonderful timbre in the mids, airy and transparent treble and accurate linear bass.
I saw your post on the Discovery thread, sounds interesting and at £130, not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back