TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Nov 22, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #1,396 of 3,865
For me, there are IEMs which provide you with unique sonics, and transcend price categories and all three TRI IEMs (which I have spent time with) do that.

The Starlights, the I3s and the Starseas, what you get is a unique sound signature, irrespective of price, for each set. They are keepers, each set with a unique sound signature and each serves a different purpose in the collection.

Leaving the first Tri set as the lastest to be checked out, the I4s on the way, and I will find out where they fit in with these three exceptionally unique sets.
I think you will like the i4, it is a very well tuned hybrid. The Knowles BA is smooth and open and the soundstage is very expansive. The bio cellulose bass unit is warm and full sounding. Nicely made and very comfortable too.

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,398 of 3,865
I have a qudelix but I thought the p1 could still use more power than the qudelix?
Tin P1
Running SingleEnded into the Qudelix-5K is no bueno, balanced gives the P1 the required juice.

I did give the P1s a go on my Monolith 788 (via the XLR), maybe a tick better, than the balanced output of the Qudelix

Tin P1 XLR.jpg

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #1,399 of 3,865
I still think the P1 sound ding dang good balanced out of my itty bitty ES100. They require deep insertion to get a good seal or they are tinny (hah!) no matter what's driving them. I've yet to feel the need to plug them into my THX 789. If I'm sitting a desk, I'm probably not doing in-ears. :)

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #1,403 of 3,865
TRI I4s arrived today!

I now have the complete set of TRI earphones. I am a happy boy. 😁
Screenshot_20201125-153754_Gallery.jpg

My impressions will follow in due course!
Now you need to change you username to TriChris :trident: (this is supposed to be a trident, forgive me if it some symbol that I’m not aware of).

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #1,404 of 3,865
TRI I4s arrived today!

I now have the complete set of TRI earphones. I am a happy boy. 😁
Screenshot_20201125-153754_Gallery.jpg

My impressions will follow in due course!
Still waiting for my TRi i4. Looking forwards to your take on the i4. I am in awe of the TRi's.

Some notes on the Trident.

The Trident of Poseidon, also referred to as Poseidon's Trident, was the mythical weapon of the sea god Poseidon. The weapon of a god, the Trident was used to control the creatures of the sea, including the merfolk, as well as create thunderstorms and strong tidal waves. Also the Trident of Neptune is the glyph for the Astrological Neptune, the symbolism of which permeates many according to their birth moment. Does the symbolism of Neptune as shape changer infuse TRi earphones?

Nov 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #1,405 of 3,865
Now you need to change you username to TriChris :trident: (this is supposed to be a trident, forgive me if it some symbol that I’m not aware of).

I will opt [Edit typo] for Chris TRIed!

Good point point, yes, TRI should have stopped at the third prong.

How about we forgive TRI and say the Starlights are the crown the trident defends? After my quick check on Wikipedia (showing my ignorance on the subject) it appears to be a weapon of both a Hindu god and a Greek god in mythology, so it is apt that the Starlight is a crown 👑 .

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #1,406 of 3,865
Still waiting for my TRi i4. Looking forwards to your take on the i4. I am in awe of the TRi's.

Some notes on the Trident.

The Trident of Poseidon, also referred to as Poseidon's Trident, was the mythical weapon of the sea god Poseidon. The weapon of a god, the Trident was used to control the creatures of the sea, including the merfolk, as well as create thunderstorms and strong tidal waves. Also the Trident of Neptune is the glyph for the Astrological Neptune, the symbolism of which permeates many according to their birth moment. Does the symbolism of Neptune as shape changer infuse TRi earphones?

I should have checked your post not Wikipedia. It is Informative.

We will have some fun comparing the four TRI sets.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #1,408 of 3,865
I've been enjoying the Tri i3 for a month now. It has totally displaced Thieaudio Legacy 3 iem in my daily usage. In general I find them much more fun, with better treble and scene. Even the bass is more fun.
I'm intrigued with the Starlight model, as I'm hesitant about the Shouer Ej07 and Thieaudio Clairvoyance models looking for a very capable and fun iem for rock and metal. Has anyone tried the iem Starlight o compared them?

Thank you and best regards.

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #1,410 of 3,865
I've been enjoying the Tri i3 for a month now. It has totally displaced Thieaudio Legacy 3 iem in my daily usage. In general I find them much more fun, with better treble and scene. Even the bass is more fun.
I'm intrigued with the Starlight model, as I'm hesitant about the Shouer Ej07 and Thieaudio Clairvoyance models looking for a very capable and fun iem for rock and metal. Has anyone tried the iem Starlight o compared them?

Thank you and best regards.

Yes, the Starlights are brilliant! There are a couple of us who have heard them and one or two of us on this thread got them on 11/11. Read my review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-starlight.24572/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back