TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Nov 21, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,381 of 3,865
Black Friday is coming soon!! Great price can be enjoyed from 11.23!! Cheer up, folks!!

More products, just follow KB EAR Official Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/50...m=a2g0o.store_home.pcShopHead_1000001819183.2

I noticed on the KBear Official Store page for the KBear Lark that you are recommending a replacement cable for the Lark. The AliExpress page says:

"The TFZ connector is more suitable for KBEAR Lark,If you want to order the Upgraded cable,Don't make the wrong choice! "

Could you tell me where to find this TFZ cable for the Lark? I was not able to locate it on the page.

Nov 21, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #1,382 of 3,865
Any comparison between the Starsea and NM2+? Any reason to own both?

Nov 21, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #1,383 of 3,865
I noticed on the KBear Official Store page for the KBear Lark that you are recommending a replacement cable for the Lark. The AliExpress page says:

"The TFZ connector is more suitable for KBEAR Lark,If you want to order the Upgraded cable,Don't make the wrong choice! "

Could you tell me where to find this TFZ cable for the Lark? I was not able to locate it on the page.
They are referring to any cable that has TFZ type of 2pin connectors. Many cables on AE have TFZ connector option. One good alternative is kbear rhyme.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #1,385 of 3,865
Any one receive their Kbear believe yet? My tracking status has been stuck at "packed and waiting for pick up" for the last 10 days.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #1,386 of 3,865
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #1,387 of 3,865
Double checking.... Consensus is i3 over p1?

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #1,388 of 3,865
Double checking.... Consensus is i3 over p1?
Yes. The P1‘s highlight Is the mids; which only supports KB Ear’s rational in sandwiching the planar driver between a DD & a BA, to more address a broader frequency range. There’s just no getting around the P1’s challenges with the lower end of the frequency range. For example: In “7 Rings”, Ariana Grande, the synthesized bass is not the best (the note finishes with a loose resonance); on the P1 it sounds like over modulation, on the Tri i3 (while still sloppy) the DD holds the note‘s finish together better.

Footnote:
This is my second go around with the P1; fortunately this time I have a Qudelix-5K, to properly source them with.

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #1,389 of 3,865
Yes. The P1‘s highlight Is the mids; which only supports KB Ear’s rational in sandwiching the planar driver between a DD & a BA, to more address a broader frequency range. There’s just no getting around the P1’s challenges with the lower end of the frequency range. For example: In “7 Rings”, Ariana Grande, the synthesized bass is not the best (the note finishes with a loose resonance); on the P1 it sounds like over modulation, on the Tri i3 (while still sloppy) the DD holds the note‘s finish together better.

Footnote:
This is my second go around with the P1; fortunately this time I have a Qudelix-5K, to properly source them with.
I have a qudelix but I thought the p1 could still use more power than the qudelix?

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #1,390 of 3,865
At first I thought this was hilarious. Now, I'm actually curious what his setup is about. Any guesses?

It’s actually a portable time machine, with a DAP used as a front end controller

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #1,391 of 3,865
I think I have got the best out of the Starsea now with Spiral Dots (ML) and the TRI Through cable. There's more depth to the bass and it is difficult to go back to any other IEM at the moment!

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #1,392 of 3,865
I think I have got the best out of the Starsea now with Spiral Dots (ML) and the TRI Through cable. There's more depth to the bass and it is difficult to go back to any other IEM at the moment!
Amazing. I use Spiral Dots and the TRi Through cable. They really bring the best out of this IEM.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #1,393 of 3,865
Amazing. I use Spiral Dots and the TRi Through cable. They really bring the best out of this IEM.
That's nice to know. I have not been fortunate to be able to afford high end IEMs but it's difficult to imagine how much better it can get!

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #1,394 of 3,865
That's nice to know. I have not been fortunate to be able to afford high end IEMs but it's difficult to imagine how much better it can get!
So many quality iems around ,we are being spoilt at the moment . Also got to praise these companies for making amazing iems at such a good price . This year has been about quality not quantity , thankfully in these hard times you can get such variety plus amazing tech being trickled down to a price that is very reasonable . I didn't think I'd find better or even anything close to the i3 for a while ! At the moment there are 3 iems I'm looking at that are around this price range that are possible upgrades. My mind is well and truly blown

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #1,395 of 3,865

For me, there are IEMs which provide you with unique sonics, and transcend price categories and all three TRI IEMs (which I have spent time with) do that.

The Starlights, the I3s and the Starseas, what you get is a unique sound signature, irrespective of price, for each set. They are keepers, each set with a unique sound signature and each serves a different purpose in the collection.

Leaving the first Tri set as the lastest to be checked out, the I4s on the way, and I will find out where they fit in with these three exceptionally unique sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back