TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Sep 7, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #586 of 3,865
Thanks. Yeah it's softer than the stiff stock cable of the H40s.
By the way, @DynamicEars thanks for your advice when I pm'ed you the idea of getting the i3.
Also for sharing the mod removing the dampener mesh behind the nozzle grill on both the H40 and i3.
The mod really made a huge difference and better listening experience.
Cheers

No problem glad you like it and glad can help the community

Sep 7, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #587 of 3,865
Burn in really means something on the TRi i3. Whether it's brain burn in or empirical burn in, these i3s sound beautiful. Maybe it's the planar that becomes so sweet. Maybe it's the DD opening up. Maybe the BA is doing something. Je ne sais quoi...but something is going on.
I am burning in now, and plan to give them 100 hours. Bass is stunning, I think bass heads would be pleased with these. Mids have extraordinary transparency and treble is open and clean. No complaints so far!

Sep 8, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #588 of 3,865
I am burning in now, and plan to give them 100 hours. Bass is stunning, I think bass heads would be pleased with these. Mids have extraordinary transparency and treble is open and clean. No complaints so far!
What cable are you using with them?

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #589 of 3,865
What cable are you using with them?
I am using the stock cable and tips. After burn in I will try my balanced cable and Spiral Dots.

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #590 of 3,865
Sep 12, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #592 of 3,865
i was outside whole day and forgot my E1DA 9038s .. i thought this would suck but even on my crapshit Hiby R3 they really sounded amazing good.
Really a great brand and lets see what they will bring out next!

I ordered me a E1DA 9038s G3 Susumu edition yesterday and this should really squeeze out anything possible of the Tri i3 ! :wink:

the 9038s is a absolut match from heaven with this.. i use my G2 version with it usually and its interstellar together with my Cema XS cable wich is the only cable i use anymore with everything. (now i dondt give a crap about cable vodoo any more since this is really working with everything and i look like a pimplord (without hookers) with it :wink: )

"I love my earpotatoes" :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #593 of 3,865
Looks like there are two new models on the way, the Lark and BElieve. Hoping to find out more from KB soon. I keep telling them to make a successor to the I3 that has the sonion ESTs with the planar and maybe a bit bigger DD.... Hopefully they do that! Then we'll have ear sweet potatoes but they'd sound amazing!

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #594 of 3,865
Looks like there are two new models on the way, the Lark and BElieve. Hoping to find out more from KB soon. I keep telling them to make a successor to the I3 that has the sonion ESTs with the planar and maybe a bit bigger DD.... Hopefully they do that! Then we'll have ear sweet potatoes but they'd sound amazing!

Isn't their successor to the TRI I3 with ESTs the TRI Starlight?? But a bit too pricey to get in this current covid economy for myself. We gotta thank @ChrisOc for taking one for the team and getting the Starlight and giving his review.

The KBEAR BElieve is being discussed here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kb-ear-audio-impressions-thread.912673/page-18#post-15860542 with some graphs by the tuner KopiOKaya. They are still awaiting feedback from the beta tuners like @Otto Motor .

The KBEAR Lark is a cheaper budget segment hybrid I think, some final beta graphs and pics here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4441710495869227/

Of the two, I'm waaaaaaaay more interested in the KBEAR BElieve, as it is gonna be the most affordable full beryllium DD set on the market at $100ish. I've got fatigue from the many budget hybrids being released on an almost weekly basis in CHIFIland, so the Lark isn't that "groundbreaking" IMHO. But so far KBEAR has been releasing some good stuff like the TRI I3 and KBEAR KB04 and KBEAR Diamond (I wasn't that impressed with the KBEAR KS2 TBH), so I hope the BElieve can be a gamechanger.

Sep 14, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #595 of 3,865
Isn't their successor to the TRI I3 with ESTs the TRI Starlight?? But a bit too pricey to get in this current covid economy for myself. We gotta thank @ChrisOc for taking one for the team and getting the Starlight and giving his review.

The KBEAR BElieve is being discussed here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kb-ear-audio-impressions-thread.912673/page-18#post-15860542 with some graphs by the tuner KopiOKaya. They are still awaiting feedback from the beta tuners like @Otto Motor .

The KBEAR Lark is a cheaper budget segment hybrid I think, some final beta graphs and pics here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4441710495869227/

Of the two, I'm waaaaaaaay more interested in the KBEAR BElieve, as it is gonna be the most affordable full beryllium DD set on the market at $100ish. I've got fatigue from the many budget hybrids being released on an almost weekly basis in CHIFIland, so the Lark isn't that "groundbreaking" IMHO. But so far KBEAR has been releasing some good stuff like the TRI I3 and KBEAR KB04 and KBEAR Diamond (I wasn't that impressed with the KBEAR KS2 TBH), so I hope the BElieve can be a gamechanger.
Just BElieve that it will be, and it will come to pass!

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #597 of 3,865

I mean the starlight is a pretty vanilla EST set with a DD/BA/EST combo. I really want a DD/planar/EST that is not from IMR....

I look forward to the BElieve more than the Lark too but KB is one of the few brands where I look forward to all their releases.... BQEYZ being another.

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #598 of 3,865
Sitting listening to the lauded iBasso it00, the worshipped ISN Audio D02 and the eulogised Tri i3....................there is a winner. Through amazing sound-stage and imaging and those perfect planar mids........the Tri i3 is given the best nano-sound award for sounding so bloody good.

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #599 of 3,865
Sitting listening to the lauded iBasso it00, the worshipped ISN Audio D02 and the eulogised Tri i3....................there is a winner. Through amazing sound-stage and imaging and those perfect planar mids........the Tri i3 is given the best nano-sound award for sounding so bloody good.

I have 2 of the 3 and I would say both the D02 and the TRI I3 are very good. However, the I3 has that something which makes it special💥.

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #600 of 3,865
Those planar mids are really important. I have the IT00 and it's close but not quite as good in the mids.

I'm listening to the Mofasest trio.... If it only just had the I3's planar mids....

This is why I sound like a broken record in my wish for a DD/planar/EST follow up to the I3.

Maybe the IMR PB2 or Semper gets it right, but I just don't trust the isolation or housings (or pricing or business model or owner...).

Come on KB/TRI! Throw us a bone. DD/planar/EST! TRI I5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back