TRI earphone impressions - I4 and I3, Starlight, NEW Starsea
Jun 20, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #406 of 3,865
When I bought my TRI I3 in the march aliexpress sale, the seller told me the same thing. I had to wait 1 week or so before they shipped it out.
Apparently he said the TRI I3 is selling like hotcakes in Japan and stock was low everywhere, so they had to wait for the factory to make more. Plus probably some logistics/supply issues with covid.

I rather they be upfront and tell u this then give a fake tracking number or secretly not sending the stuff.
Yeah, seems to be truth. You will wait for the I3 to ship.... KB told me they are currently out of stock at their official store so I think they're probably built just on demand completely. Makes sense for what everyone had experienced getting them. Dealing with enough Chinese sellers, this kind of thing no longer troubles or surprises me. It's small potatoes to what others do... *Cough*Linsoul*cough*.

They have different notions of what you disclose to your customers than businesses in the west..... Just takes some getting used to the differences between cultures.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #407 of 3,865
Yeah, seems to be truth. You will wait for the I3 to ship.... KB told me they are currently out of stock at their official store so I think they're probably built just on demand completely. Makes sense for what everyone had experienced getting them. Dealing with enough Chinese sellers, this kind of thing no longer troubles or surprises me. It's small potatoes to what others do... *Cough*Linsoul*cough*.

They have different notions of what you disclose to your customers than businesses in the west..... Just takes some getting used to the differences between cultures.

I think I've seen some aliexpress stores declare in the item description that they will take 7-10 days to produce.

Amazon Japan seems to have them in stock. :cherries:

Is there any iem-themed smiley or one that would look like iems more than those cherries? :fox:

Jun 21, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #408 of 3,865
Lowest price for i3 in the current sale seems to be about $122 on AK audio store. But it does require some extra steps. You'll need to add something else (with free shipping) to the order for a $150 minimum total to use select coupons for -8$ discount, then get the -6$ store coupon and finally use the AK14USD -14$ promo code, so the total discount will be -$28 from the ~150$.

117 USD

I found the KBEAR official store is cheaper even after I have stackup coupon, coins on ak audio. Besides, I had a bad experience before buying from ak audio.
Any here ever buy from KBear store before? Are they trusted store?

what is the end price at KBEAR store ?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #409 of 3,865
what is the end price at KBEAR store ?
As of this morning, it is USD$125, it is higher than I saw last time.
I ordered other iems, LZ A6, eventually.

Jul 3, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #410 of 3,865
We published our review of the I3 from Louis. He was impressed with it, particularly the mids which some here have mentioned.

https://headfonics.com/tri-i3-review/

1593778859412.png

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #411 of 3,865
Jul 3, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #412 of 3,865
risky? you could kill somebody with those shells. Those shells are extremely hard. I bet I could use car compound and polish them up again if I scratch them. On a side note I heard after I wrote up the review at headfonics.com that Tri is actually making these one by one and by hand and this is why people have to wait for shipment. I would have mentioned the hand made process but I just found out. Regardless at 169 a bargain but at 125 shut up and take my money.

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #413 of 3,865
I agree with a bunch of whats been said. The last 10% is a ridiculous amount of money to spend and for me a bunch of great sounding iems is better. I’m on social security so I totl stuff starting at $700 or so is a stretch for me. I’d have an EJ07 or ST07 by now if I could. I firmly believe a lot of these are the same units rebranded. The marketing is so hit or miss with incorrect wording and phrasing, its a balanced armature driver thats actually dual BA’s that can be referred to as 2 or 4 Drivers depending on the individuals use of the language. Starting with the EJ07 and ST07 which are identical soundwise, spec wise but cosmetically different, usually faceplates change, but look at each new model since those two and many are shaped identically but priced higher or lower but fit between $700 - $850 price range depending on what each company thinks they can get.
I think some of the newer models might be slightly different but several are rebranded EJ07 or ST07 ‘s. The specs are 4 Est, 2 or 4 BA (2 duals or 4 separate depending on the writer) and a DD. The sound I’ll bet is similar between all of them right now until a totally new good sounding configuration is born. Then you’ll see rebrands of that most likely....its cheaper to change cosmetics than redesign the entire piece so alot of these small companies over there can offer a totl model that’s affordable for them to sell and make a profit.

Does that make sense to anyone else or am I just an old over medicated gentleman. I’m buying a ST07 as its the cheapest rebrand I think as of now. I’m sorry if I’m way off base but it just bugs me how for so many years multiple BA IEMs cost a fortune and now they suddenly can be bought for $299 instead of $1350!
I love my i3, T800, S8F, CVJ-CSN(anybody grab it yet, its fabulous by the way) and my billions of others iems. I apologize if I’m ranting and wasted your time. :vulcan: :sunglasses: :thumbsup: :guitar::drum:

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #414 of 3,865
I agree with a bunch of whats been said. The last 10% is a ridiculous amount of money to spend and for me a bunch of great sounding iems is better. I’m on social security so I totl stuff starting at $700 or so is a stretch for me. I’d have an EJ07 or ST07 by now if I could. I firmly believe a lot of these are the same units rebranded. The marketing is so hit or miss with incorrect wording and phrasing, its a balanced armature driver thats actually dual BA’s that can be referred to as 2 or 4 Drivers depending on the individuals use of the language. Starting with the EJ07 and ST07 which are identical soundwise, spec wise but cosmetically different, usually faceplates change, but look at each new model since those two and many are shaped identically but priced higher or lower but fit between $700 - $850 price range depending on what each company thinks they can get.
I think some of the newer models might be slightly different but several are rebranded EJ07 or ST07 ‘s. The specs are 4 Est, 2 or 4 BA (2 duals or 4 separate depending on the writer) and a DD. The sound I’ll bet is similar between all of them right now until a totally new good sounding configuration is born. Then you’ll see rebrands of that most likely....its cheaper to change cosmetics than redesign the entire piece so alot of these small companies over there can offer a totl model that’s affordable for them to sell and make a profit.

Does that make sense to anyone else or am I just an old over medicated gentleman. I’m buying a ST07 as its the cheapest rebrand I think as of now. I’m sorry if I’m way off base but it just bugs me how for so many years multiple BA IEMs cost a fortune and now they suddenly can be bought for $299 instead of $1350!
I love my i3, T800, S8F, CVJ-CSN(anybody grab it yet, its fabulous by the way) and my billions of others iems. I apologize if I’m ranting and wasted your time. :vulcan: :sunglasses: :thumbsup: :guitar::drum:
makes you wonder how long it will take for EST iems to be cheaper.

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #415 of 3,865

It makes total sense to me. Might give the CSN a try since we seem to have similar pairs and viewpoints.

There are plenty of headphone makers, sellers and reviewers out there who use terms like "refinement" and "on another level". These terms are always for more expensive sets and are typically nonsense purely to keep the ridiculous money flow.

Guess what, if it's close, a little EQ almost always does the trick...

Jul 3, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #416 of 3,865
It makes total sense to me. Might give the CSN a try since we seem to have similar pairs and viewpoints.

There are plenty of headphone makers, sellers and reviewers out there who use terms like "refinement" and "on another level". These terms are always for more expensive sets and are typically nonsense purely to keep the ridiculous money flow.

Guess what, if it's close, a little EQ almost always does the trick...

Absolutely agree. EQ is so often underestimated. We often use nozzles, switches and tips, all of which are binary (on/off; up/down etc.). EQ on the other hand is fine tuning. I have four EQ settings for my TRI I3, which make, different slants on good musical recordings and occasionally rescue bad recordings.
Screenshot_20200523-191307_Poweramp.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #417 of 3,865

Of late (because of the Jade Audio EA3 & Fiio FD1) I've been searching out expansive sound stage IEMs.
Just ordered a pair of the Tri i3 this morning. Let's see how long to ship.
I'll have the TFZ Tequila 1 by Thursday, to hold me over, after (from what I've read) a four day break in :worried:

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #418 of 3,865
Of late (because of the Jade Audio EA3 & Fiio FD1) I've been searching out expansive sound stage IEMs.
I'll have the TFZ Tequila 1 by Thursday, to hold me over, after (from what I've read) a four day break in :worried:
The tequila 1 won't hold your interest very long IMO.... One of the more vanilla TFZ pairs.
Be prepared to wait a bit for the I3 as they're made to order basically.... But they also require quite a long burn in. Keep them running for a well or longer.

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #419 of 3,865

Look forward to your reviews! The TRI I3 needs amping to sound good though, so a no go for me from just a smartphone. But yeah TRI I3's soundstage is quite superb at the midfi pricing, not the widest, but has good depth and height with amping.

I actually like the TFZ Tequila more than the TFZ No. 3 personally, as the No. 3's upper mids can occasionally get hot with louder volumes (fletcher munson curver). Tequila is a bit less refined in technicalities and less basshead, but it is smooth and bassy and warm with a wide soundstage due to the semi open back design (though isolation is poor as a result).

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #420 of 3,865
After a bit less than a week with the TRI I3 (noted that I barely used it during the weekend) it's clearly starting to grow on me. It wasn't "out of the box awesome" and I don't think that I was expecting that either. This is only my second IEM ever so I'm not even sure what to expect, but for obvious reasons I guess I was comparing it to the first (Ikko OH1). So the packaging of the I3 was clearly worse (the "new" version of OH1 packaging has a nice combination of waifus and premium aesthetics), and for the first few hours of use the shells felt too big and a bit uncomfortable compared to the OH1. However, something changed and now I seem to like the comfort level quite a lot (even more than OH1 possibly). Guess I just got used to them? Yes they are big and bulky but why not :k701smile: I never quite enjoyed looking at pictures of the shells before I got them, but maybe "less is more" and they provide a long-lasting fine looks to combine with other stuff.

One of the reviewers didn't enjoy the included pouch. I like it a lot, it's perfect size and fit and the soft velvety material is an excellent contrast to the chrome metal of the shells.

Switched the cable to silver-plated copper 4.4. right away. As for the sound, I tried too hard in the first couple of days to compare it to the OH1 in brief excerpts, when I should have just listened to music. Now I do, and the I3 sounds excellent and I think there's still upside as it seems to sound better each day. This is probably my brain getting used to it and not a physical "burn-in". In any case, this works for me fine and I can concentrate in the most important part, i.e. the music :beerchug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back