TrekStor vibez going flash.
Feb 20, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #16 of 38
i just got my new rockboxed ipod going and i have to say, it does sound nice but the vibez soundstage is just more powerful. the ipod is loud and defined but the vibez just somehow rocks you. you can really FEEL the music. every part of it with the vibez. it's still number one in my book.

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
visara, I didn't think the flash versions were even available, yet.

Oh okay, I didn't know they were so recent. That explains why it's so difficult to find comments about them...

But they do seem to be available now, at least mp3-player.de lists them.

Can anyone shed any light on the general differences between HD and Flash memory? Some people seem to list is as a minus that the original Vibez was HD based, and I don't really understand why...

BTW, how are you liking the phones, Moosehead? I'm planning to get a pair too...

Feb 20, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #19 of 38
visara, of the places that list them, none have them in stock.

The main knock against the vibez having a hard drive is that it has moving parts, making it more succeptible to failure compared to flash. Having said that, this particular microdrive has been pretty durable for me.

Feb 22, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #20 of 38
Oh so it seems, I just contacted mp3-player.de and they said they can't ship any of the Vibez models in the near future, even the one with HD... Maybe I'll just wait for the 4GB flash model...

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #21 of 38
The HD of my Vibez died four weeks ago. Since then I 've been waiting for a new replacement. Today I received a message from the Finnish representant that most propably they don't receive any more new ones in the near future.

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #26 of 38
What the? Where is this flash players of theirs? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.
When is it ever coming out?

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the? Where is this flash players of theirs? I've looked everywhere but can't find it.
When is it ever coming out?

I think the general consensus now is that it never will come out. Amazon and J&R had been taking pre-orders on the 8 GB and 16 GB versions, but now they have disappeared from both sites.

A real shame, too. If my vibez dies before a new one comes out, I'll be putting my Rio Karma back into service.

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #28 of 38
Yeah - the whole Vibez flash fiasco has been a real shame. I continue to contend that the Vibez is one of the best sounding DAPs straight from its headphone out. On top of that, it supports gapless playback which is an absolute must for me. My microdrive has been performing flawlessly and has survived two drops but it will fail at some point. I was so excited when I heard about the flash version but I have given up hope it will ever see the light of day.
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubenNYC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A real shame, too. If my vibez dies before a new one comes out, I'll be putting my Rio Karma back into service.

Your a lucky man to have a backup like that
bigsmile_face.gif

Not sure I'd be real happy with any replacement at this time for mine. Can't afford a Kenwood.

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #30 of 38
What totally blows is that the older models (w/ the micro drives) cannot be bought anywhere in the US. Ebay doesn't have it nor does Amazon. A search in Froogle yielded nada.

I've always wanted to try this player out. Unfortuantely, it seems that's impossible at the moment because it's discountinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back