Treasure Hunting Season Starts Tomorrow!
Jul 3, 2007 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
diver2.JPG

I’m stoked now that the weather is getting better here in the Seattle Area. Summer might finally be arriving. I’ve got the next 5 days off and I’ll probably dive every day. Tomorrow I’m diving somewhere near Eastlake on the north side at a marina looking for some ones keys then Thursday morning I’ll dive Marina Park. I hope the weathers nice and there are a lot of drunken fools out for the 4th of July. Friday maybe Leschi, Saturday maybe the Long Dock for handguns and Sunday probably do Mount Baker if I don’t do it on Saturday depending whether I find any firearms at the Long Dock.

The season for new stuff is 6-8 weeks depending on the weather. I’ll dive every weekend from now until the weather turns bad towards the end of August or early September. Last year I found 2 guns at once- a Glock and a nickel-plated pistol. Harbor Patrol recovered them and a box of ammo. I got to talk with a CSI Detective for a few hours while they did the recovery.

The rest of the year treasure hunting involves work- over the summer I just swim along and pick things up- money, watches, jewelry, sunglasses, cell phones, towels, mountain bikes. If you can get it near the water people lose it.

T3.JPG

Mitch

Jul 3, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Lol, that sounds cool. How much money have you found before?

Jul 3, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 5
$240 cash once, $120 cash another time. I know a guy who found $1200 cash once- he once found 4 $20 gold pieces at 1 time- He was good and he'll tell you so. Paper money lasts up to 30 days out in the open and will last a few months in a wallet.

The best single item I found was a blue Owl poison bottle that I sold for $450, then there was a unique Washington Territories medicine bottle I sold for $250.

If I can return items to the owners I try- cell phones, pocket PC’s, purses and wallets etc. The electronics takes some work to clean and dry but the surprise on people’s faces is sometimes worth the effort. I returned a ladies purse last year- she was all wasted and fell off the dock sometime late Friday night and I was able to track her address down and return it to her by 10:30 the next morning. I dive early before the crowds. There was a note in the purse to pick up bong ice. It had her diary in it and everything.

You just never know what you’ll find. I know people who’ve found bodies.

In general I’ll earn about $1000 in a season and get to keep some nice items on top of that.

Mitch

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 5
ok which lake is that?

i won't dump my victims in there next time =)

btw did u hear of people finding automotives or whole communities or ancient civilization with houses intact beneath a lake?

Jul 4, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 5
This isn't quite the same as your post, but I used to live in Honolulu, and every few months a tourist would swim farther than they felt comfortable with. I would have them hold on to my surfboard and paddle them to shallow water. I was offered $200.00 once for saving a German mans life, but I never took money. Gratitude was the best treasure! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back