travelling with no headphones, whine, whine
Jun 6, 2005 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
im in ecuador travelling. its been about 5 days now, and i checked this board at an internet cafe and i miss my cans..
frown.gif

no ms-1
no sennheiser
no ray samuels
no 40 days of music

and all the music they play here is really ****y techno. the song i hear the most is a remix of that song "if you´re going to san francisco, be sure to put a flower in your hair" oh god its dreadful when the beat comes in after the lyrics...

but, all in all, travelling is one of the best things i ever done. and it´s good to take a break from the land of hi-fi and music and well anything else that i am around all the time. when i come back, i appreciate it soooo much, i just sit and listen to music for days.
tongue.gif

anyone else experienced this nirvana after taking a break from your cans?

Jun 6, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 9
Cant let go of sound. Ill need something to fill the void and temptation is everywhere.
confused.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 9
That's insane! I can't live a day w/o my micro, or a while back w/o my cd player.
frown.gif
I guess it would really make you appreciate it more like staying in a place w/no electricity!

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 9
yeah. ive got 2 months here.
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif
i thought about bringing my old ipod and my semi modest ms-1, but the problem isnt loosing the gear, which i would, i think i would either just get shot or beat up or if i was lucky, i would just get a bunch of really annoyed looks, and people would hate me and want me to go back to gringo-land. this guy actually stopped me the other day, although he was drunk, and told me that i was lucky i was in such a nice little town cause if i was in columbia, he would shoot me. and i was like great, have a nice evening. but if i had big old cans.....

anyways, the sublime bliss when coming back to music after going without is truly amazing. and i bet it really helps your ears to remove yourself from the build up of all that intense listening. i remember when i came back from 3 months in jamaica, i was hallucinating off my speakers. wow
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
i remember when i came back from 3 months in jamaica, i was hallucinating off my speakers. wow
icon10.gif

you need to see a licensed Head-Fi Psychiatrist ASAP
cool.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
or stop smoking the local plants...

Helloooo, 'herbal remedies'! (gotta use that codeword
biggrin.gif
)
Party hardy everybody!

Every time I've gone on a trip to another city or state(never been out of the country, unfortuntately) I've been really fortunate to be able to carry much of my rig in its previous state with me. The upgrades I'm adding to my rig might make things a little harder, but I'm sure if I get a dedicated bag to hold all my goodies, it won't be a problem,or I could just bring a USB cable, ER6i's, Entempo Spirit-when it arrives-, and call it good.
Now if only I could get a DAP with a MINT built into its circuitry...
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #8 of 9
I bought a pair of cheap Sennheisers from a store once to use on vacation, then returned them when I went back. I felt bad about it, but they were just so crappy. 212s, I think.

I'm spending all of next year studying abroad and I'm not planning to bring a single piece of music with me. That should be interesting.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
I'm spending all of next year studying abroad and I'm not planning to bring a single piece of music with me. That should be interesting.

I get the feeling you'll regret it. You neeeeeed music. Like an addiction... you neeeeeeed headphones... you neeeeeed an amp... and you neeeeeeed to buy more and more, and you can neeeeeever stop!
UPGRADITIS!
If you resist, you'll get migranes and the urge to use preparation H in the hopes that it will cure your need for (H) headphones...
tongue.gif

j/k
biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back