Travelling to Sydney Australia in December 2014- Can you tell me of any interesting Audiophile/headphone events going on there?
Jun 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
Thanks.

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 16
Well... because I live in Sydney, I would say it is very boring xD

Jokes aside, you can visit:
  • Opera House
  • Centre Point Tower (Sydney Tower)
  • walk the Harbour Bridge (you can actually walk on top of the arches of the bridge)
  • Sydney Aquarium
  • Bondi Beach, Manly Beach, Coogee Beach, etc
  • huge night life (be wary of Kings Cross)
  • watch a game of Cricket
  • watch the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race (26th of Dec)

There is probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 16
Yes thank you so far for the information you have left.  More specifically, I was interesting in finding out about High End Audio and Headphone things to do.  I have been researching all the main attractions via my guide books and the internet.  Thanks 

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #7 of 16
  Yes thank you so far for the information you have left.  More specifically, I was interesting in finding out about High End Audio and Headphone things to do.  I have been researching all the main attractions via my guide books and the internet.  Thanks 

Unfortunately there aren't many of such things here. In fact, Australia is probably one of the worst places to by anything in the world because of the high cost of living here, especially in Sydney. Everything here is overpriced. You've missed the local head-fi meet which just happened about a month ago.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #8 of 16

Unfortunately there aren't many of such things here. In fact, Australia is probably one of the worst places to by anything in the world because of the high cost of living here, especially in Sydney. Everything here is overpriced. You've missed the local head-fi meet which just happened about a month ago.

Indeed, wrong place to go considering a AK240 is sold for nearly AUD$3400.....I bought my SE846 for AUD$1200...

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #9 of 16
In short, unless you have oodles of money to spend, you might as well give up on any audiophile related stuff and just see the sights! Ignore the locals though, and try to not stick out as much as possible. And don't go to Kings Cross at night. Some things you just cannot unsee.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #10 of 16
You can also go on a day cruise of the harbour. Some pretty good sights to see like the stranded battleship that been covered by vegetation. Also there is an island that used to be a jail and is now a museum.
Unless you're going to be see a show at the Opera House you can forget about hi end audio events.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 16
Don't tell me you plan to eat American food here.  
biggrin.gif

You should take a trip to Melbourne.  There is a flight from Sydney every hour or half an hour.  Chadstone Shopping Centre will have 24 hours shopping a few days before Christmas.  

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 16
Locals are always so jaded! lol

We had a great time in Sydney. Definitely walk the bridge - we did the twilight walk, and it was GREAT - walked up in daylight to see the views and then walked down after dark to see the city lights. I also enjoyed a train trip to the Blue Mountains and the Three Sisters - it was absolutely gorgeous.

I did not enjoy the food in Australia - primarily because ketchup (tomato sauce to them) tastes really weird... :p

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 16
Locals are always so jaded! lol

We had a great time in Sydney. Definitely walk the bridge - we did the twilight walk, and it was GREAT - walked up in daylight to see the views and then walked down after dark to see the city lights. I also enjoyed a train trip to the Blue Mountains and the Three Sisters - it was absolutely gorgeous.

I did not enjoy the food in Australia - primarily because ketchup (tomato sauce to them) tastes really weird...
tongue.gif

The Blue Mountains is probably my most favourite part about living in Sydney. Maybe because of the fact that I hate the city life. xD

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #15 of 16
Blue mountains it is then.  The best place to visit in Sydney is outside of Sydney for locals.  Otherwise definitely Circular Quay and walk around Sydney Harbour.  Catch the bridge and opera house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back