Traveling with full-size headphones
Nov 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mistertoony

New Head-Fier
Do you guys travel with your full-size headphones? I often bring my Denon AH-D2000s on long train rides and usually stuff them in my bag between shirts. I find that many of the headphone cases out there add bulk making it impractical in terms of on-the-go portability. What's everyone else do?

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 14
I do indeed, to meetings, visiting friends and like.
Since they come with their matching cases it is not much hassle at all, besides having space in the backpack, suitcase, ...

Aluminum flight case:

Wooden box:

Welcome to Head-Fi!
k1000smile.gif
o2smile.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 14
God, I would never wear those headphones on the bottom out of the house.

Nov 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 14
You'd have a hard time powering them properly if you tried
wink.gif

I have worn the K271S and HD650 when traveling. On the head, it's the best way
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have traveled with the JVC HA-RX700 on a plane ride from the US to China. I will never do that again. IEMs are a much better idea especially if they isolate well like my Westone UM1.

how well do the jvc's isolate?

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 14
All my family and friends think I'm crazy for wearing full size headphones out of the house. To be honest, I'd rather look like a prick and have awesome sound quality than wear rubbish earbuds and look acceptable to the general public.
Though for college, I do use IEMs for practicality.

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 14
I've brought mine on long car drives and train rides, but I never bring them just out with me if I'm going for a walk or something.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #10 of 14
Hmmm, no. In Rio de Janeiro, that's an invitation to get mugged. On the go I wear my IEMs, which have great sound and help me keep a low profile. But I keep a good pair of full-sizes at my job.
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #13 of 14
Yup, all the time. I use my HFI-780 now, but I used to lug around my ATH-A700. That was definitely a nuisance, but it was worth it. Sometimes I use my Grados too. It all depends.

Nov 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tribestros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, I would never wear those headphones on the bottom out of the house.

If you refer to mine, then both of them are practically unusable outside.
That does not prevent me from traveling with them of course, then use them after I arrive at my destination.

"Traveling with" does not imply using them while traveling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back