traveler bag - improving cd storage...?
Jun 29, 2002 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

matthewd5

Head-Fier
ok, call me excessive (but you wouldn't even be on this website if you weren't obsessive too!)

i got my traveler bag + cosmic amp the other day and i love it, but there was this space under the amp, you know the spot, below the amp you have that little pouch with the zipper and the velcro to hold it in. it does a pretty good job of holding the amp up but underneath it there is room for maybe 3-4 cd's in jewel cases.

my total airhead bag had a somewhat better solution, it came with sleeves for like 5 cd's and a way to hold it all in place...

you can put a bunch more if you get those single cd sleeves but then its a pain to pull them all out, especially if your killing time in a waiting room and they all fall out (been there done that already!)

so...i was thinking that a small thing that held 10 cd's or so would be neat as long as it was just the right size to fit in that space.

i looked and all the cases i found were too big, but a friend showed me a case he got where the little book inside that held the cd's came out.

so i went out and got one and it was perfect. it hold 24 cd's and fits just right in that space! and the bag was only like $12

so being excessive i decided to take a picture of it...

matthew

Jun 30, 2002 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 25
You guys see why I like the Cosmic so much? Isn't that a cool lookin pic? HeadWired has a 24CD case he uses with his Cosmic and Traveler also. Very cool.

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 25
I think they're for securing the bag to other pieces of luggage. There are two on the back by the carry handle too. I usually end up hanging keys or sun glasses from them.

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 25
chenaynay

Which amp do you keep in the traveler?? I didn't see a Cosmic in your list. And, by the way, do you know if the Corda will fit in one?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #7 of 25
I use it to carry the Grado RA-1. Fits nice. Only annoyance is the on/off switch being in the back. But it's worth the hassel to have it with me. I used it on my spring golf road trip in May.

I just stuffed my Corda in there! It fits easily without the zippered section insert. With the zippered insert it is very tight - but at least you can use the velcro at the bottom so it doesn't slide through. Of course, there is no room in the main compartment for CDs, and the paperback pocket would only take @100 pages. It would still hold tickets/itineraries though.

And, thanks. I don't know if I would have ever tried it. What are you thinking????

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 25
Chenaynay

I need something to tote my work rig in. That'd be a Corda HA-1 in the main section and my ART DI/O DAC in the CD player section. The Traveler DVD bag might be a better solution. Hmmm.

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:54 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Chenaynay

I need something to tote my work rig in. That'd be a Corda HA-1 in the main section and my ART DI/O DAC in the CD player section. The Traveler DVD bag might be a better solution. Hmmm.

It might be if it's larger. The D/IO will fit fine without being hooked up - but with the phonoamp plugs on mine (Radioshack) it measures @5 1/2 inches. That would just fit in the CD section. Routing interconnects would be tough. If you're looking for plug n' play you need more room. If you could live with hooking up everyday you're fine.

Jun 30, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #11 of 25
Chenaynay

Mine is modded so I won't need the extra inch for the adapters, but it's still be a snug fit, eh?

Jun 30, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Chenaynay

Mine is modded so I won't need the extra inch for the adapters, but it's still be a snug fit, eh?

Ah! The modding may be your salvation. I just loaded mine with the Corda and the D/IO and you'll have room to use interconnects between the DI/O and the Corda with up to 1", maybe 1 1/4" connectors. I'm talking what's protruding after connection. What kind do you use? My Kimbers would be fine. Markertecs just make it, cause they are huge and have that silver wire after the connector. I don't know how big, or flexible the Beldens are.

I even zipped that huge Stancor power supply up in one of the side pockets, after routing it to the D/IO. It's very tight and would need to be plugged in from the side pocket. Yours may be smaller. The area underneath the Corda is full: I've got the Corda power cord and my Grado Interconnects (1M) in there. They are both neatly wrapped with Goody medium ponytail holders for neatness.
biggrin.gif

You'll want to base your decision on how long/flexible your interconnect cables are. The Grados are very flexible. If they were shorter, there would be more room underneath. The Corda power cord is not. Good luck. <<off to reassemble her toys>>

Jun 30, 2002 at 2:51 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by matthewd5
i fogot to mention, i got the cd case at media play.

not my favorite store but that is where the friend found it, i haven't seen that brand before anywhere else...

matthew

Is it the model TRX24?

Jun 30, 2002 at 3:07 PM Post #14 of 25
Thanks!

Another thing to go on my ever increasing list. It looks like I am going to start traveling again for my job so the traveler bag and Etys have been moved to the top followed by the Cosmic.

Jul 2, 2002 at 1:36 AM Post #15 of 25
Is anyone else a little bummed out about their paperback pocket? When I put my supreme and my cd case (which holds 12 cds, but the sleeves are one sided), I cannot get anything in there. My passport barely fits. Otherwise the traveler bag is phenomenal. I have traveled through international airports more than a dozen times since 9/11, and nobody has singled out the traveler bag or the amps for any special "inspection" even though it is a relatively unusual electronic device. Furthermore, no one has bugged me about it being an additional piece of carry-on luggage. It is just the perfect size -- like a man-purse or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back