Travel Headphones for practicing Electric Guitar
Jul 1, 2015 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Codeseven7

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys, first post here.

After a Search I didn't quit find the answers I was looking for.

I'll be doing some traveling and bringing along an electric travel guitar to play through amp modeling software on my iPad. What I need is a high quality set of portable headphones to travel with. I have a set of excellent Audio-Technica M50's but even though they fold up I don't consider those very compact and portable.

I looked over the excellent 'Portable Headphone Review List', which is great, but in addition to being portable I will be specifically using them to practice electric guitar.

Would those top five picks on that list still apply for Electric Guitar?

1) Sennheiser  HD25-1 ii
2) Audio-Technica ATH-ES10
3) Bowers & Wilkins P5
4) Alpha Design Labs ADL H118
5) Dennon AH1100 

Thanks!

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 4
The Marshall Monitor sounds as good as the Sennheiser HD-25's at half the price. Haven't heard the others. They're very lightweight, portable, durable, and guitars sound great on them. (yes, Marshall= the same company that makes Marshall amplifiers)

Jul 2, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 4
  The Marshall Monitor sounds as good as the Sennheiser HD-25's at half the price. Haven't heard the others. They're very lightweight, portable, durable, and guitars sound great on them. (yes, Marshall= the same company that makes Marshall amplifiers)

Nice, thanks inthere.

I've heard grumblings of that headphone being good, I'll have to look into it.

At least with the name 'Marshall', it should sound good when jamming' on a guitar, the HD-25 and the others on that list I'm not so sure about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back