Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Nov 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #31 of 546
Quote:
Pretty much you got it right. If you go over the 1/8 rule it will 99.9 percent alter the intended frequency response of the IEM which means altering the sound. In random cases this may actually benefit the listener but let's be honest here. That's a far-shot and just an excuse to justify lazy design flaws by these manufacturers. Kinda like how P2P is ruining PC games because the game developers are getting lazy and cheap and are focusing on crap console games (lowering standards one game at a time :wink:.

Lol are you also referring also to games that are made with console in mind and crappily ported to PC to make PC users happy?

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #34 of 546
Quote:

Yep exactly! Slightly OT but anyone using Win 8 for lower latency?

Back on topic - what's the word on the Leckerton Lee?

Most likely gonna keep the Leckerton. Listening with Op-Amp 627AP on the DX100 was so musical. Like rediscovering music again lol. Even gave 209 a try again and depending on my moods it's not so bad. But I can't lay down with it for some reason. Guess when laying down it somehow boosts the resonance and I'm getting a headache after just one song :p. So as long as finances permit I'm gonna keep all 3 :). The sound signature differences offer so many alternatives to my sound preferences and that keeps things fresh. The Triad is still king of the hill however. It's a dynamic killer. Just gets it so right. Can't wait for my Firestone Power Supply. I haggled AVHi down to $79.00 shipped so got a really good deal on a demo unit. Normally they go for $150.00 which I really didn't want to spend that much. So looking forward to hearing the improved performance. But sadly gotta send back my custom RCA to 3.5 silver cable for repair :frowning2:. So won't get to see the full benefit of the Triad setup until everything is pieced together...
rolleyes.gif

So you saying Windows 8 works better in online games?

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #35 of 546
Quote:
Most likely gonna keep the Leckerton. Listening with Op-Amp 627AP on the DX100 was so musical. Like rediscovering music again lol. Even gave 209 a try again and depending on my moods it's not so bad. But I can't lay down with it for some reason. Guess when laying down it somehow boosts the resonance and I'm getting a headache after just one song :p. So as long as finances permit I'm gonna keep all 3 :). The sound signature differences offer so many alternatives to my sound preferences and that keeps things fresh. The Triad is still king of the hill however. It's a dynamic killer. Just gets it so right. Can't wait for my Firestone Power Supply. I haggled AVHi down to $79.00 shipped so got a really good deal on a demo unit. Normally they go for $150.00 which I really didn't want to spend that much. So looking forward to hearing the improved performance. But sadly gotta send back my custom RCA to 3.5 silver cable for repair :frowning2:. So won't get to see the full benefit of the Triad setup until everything is pieced together...
rolleyes.gif

So you saying Windows 8 works better in online games?

Good to have alternatives for different moods isn't it! Do you mean the Triad L3? What PSU are you using now?

Oh btw I meant for audio (i.e. DPC latency) - not sure if same thing for online gaming since I don't do that...I assume it would be.

Nov 7, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #36 of 546
Quote:

Good to have alternatives for different moods isn't it! Do you mean the Triad L3? What PSU are you using now?

Oh btw I meant for audio (i.e. DPC latency) - not sure if same thing for online gaming since I don't do that...I assume it would be.

Yeah I'm talking about the Triad L3. Currently I'm using a Triad PSU (not the same company, just a coincidence lol :wink:. The PSU was about $15.00 including shipping from Mouser. It works well enough without ruining the sound to my ears. But supposedly a good dedicated PSU will bring better detail, separation, sound staging, bass and treble extension. So I'm looking forward to testing this out for myself. At least going from recommendation the Firestone will have about 97% of the performance of the actual Triad PSU sold by Triad. Keeping in mind this is with IEMs only and not accounting for full size headphones. At that point you will see a noticeable improvement purchasing from Triad instead. Since I only use IEMs I see no reason to spend $300.00 on a PSU. Now down the road if I have full size cans and money to spare then I may consider it.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #37 of 546
Quote:
Yeah I'm talking about the Triad L3. Currently I'm using a Triad PSU (not the same company, just a coincidence lol :wink:. The PSU was about $15.00 including shipping from Mouser. It works well enough without ruining the sound to my ears. But supposedly a good dedicated PSU will bring better detail, separation, sound staging, bass and treble extension. So I'm looking forward to testing this out for myself. At least going from recommendation the Firestone will have about 97% of the performance of the actual Triad PSU sold by Triad. Keeping in mind this is with IEMs only and not accounting for full size headphones. At that point you will see a noticeable improvement purchasing from Triad instead. Since I only use IEMs I see no reason to spend $300.00 on a PSU. Now down the road if I have full size cans and money to spare then I may consider it.

The Triad PSU being the Triad LLP?

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #38 of 546
Quote:

The Triad PSU being the Triad LLP?

Yeah the one sold by Triad Audio. Looks very temping but just not in my budget at this time. Plus since if I can truly get 97% of the performance with IEMs on the Firestone, there really no reason to spend that much more on it. It would be diminishing returns at it's worst :).

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #40 of 546
does it take lod from ipod ? or its just stereo line out to amp in ?

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #41 of 546
does it take lod from ipod ? or its just stereo line out to amp in ?

In short yes. So long as it is a analogue signal being fed using a 3.5mm jack. So can be LOD from Ipod / Stereo RCAs (from DAC or DAC in PCI Soundcard etc) merged to a single stereo 3.5mm jack / 3.5mm aux jack cable from headphone out to amp etc...

Pic from "manual" - somewhat appropriate for such a simple amp...

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #42 of 546
so mic port is the input.. thats what got me confused.. thanks nk77.

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #44 of 546
On the train this morning with my freshly rebuilt iPod Video (now with working 260Gb HDD). Running RockBox and LOD'ed to the T1 with my SE535 LEs...

In one word? Ridiculous! The space, ambience and instrument separation is just epic. I've never heard the 535s sound this good!

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #45 of 546
Quote:
On the train this morning with my freshly rebuilt iPod Video (now with working 260Gb HDD). Running RockBox and LOD'ed to the T1 with my SE535 LEs...
In one word? Ridiculous! The space, ambience and instrument separation is just epic. I've never heard the 535s sound this good!

Did you upgrade the Ipod yourself? Is there a tute somewhere? I remember people selling 240 gb ipods (probably still do) but never heard of a 260 GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back