Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #3,737 of 6,404
Quote:
This IEM looks tempting..I was a big IEM guy until going into full size phones..now every time I use my JH 3A system or my JH 13 the music feels constrained vs. my HD800 or TH900..but the reports of an IEM with a 3D soundstage in the league of the HD800 is very tempting..

I would say in the league of TH900 but not so sure about HD800.. The 1p2 has pin point accuracy of of instrument placement and project depth like a floor standing speaker. Its pretty 3D like but may not be as wide as HD800.. but then I don't own the HD800 anymore...

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #3,738 of 6,404
You'v got booth ?  JH13 & 1plus2 ? This is very interesting because I was about to order a JH13 when I discovered this 1plus2 thread.  And now I am still hesitating between those two IEMs because something in my head still try to convince me that a CUSTOM IEM has to be better than an UNIVERSAL IEM !

How will you compare them 2 ?  Which one you prefer ? why do you owe the 2 ... are they for different purposes or different music ?

Well at least for me the CIEM fits perfectly.. Obviously I would prefer the Jh13 for myself. Both do serve all the genres very well, there's no genre that both cannot handle for me.. In my case, I do find the Jh13 a little bit more refined and excel in some areas. I do find that aftermarket cable is needed for the Jh13 for me to bring out a little more bass in which the 1P2 is already fine with silver, silver/gold and especially with my whiplash..

Jh13 and Miracle sound very identical to each other for me amd 1P2 is different.. Jh and Miracles for me excels in soundstaging, depth or in technicals while sounding a little thin compared to 1P2...

1P2 is more about fun for me.. Easy to digest sound.. More like floor standing speakers..

Talk about the bass.. For me there is no perfect bass quantity.. as for me both Jh13 and 1P2's bass sometimes is a little too much and a little lacking on some songs..

If u don't want a bass that would leave u desiring for more then 1P2 is to go.. as for me the Jh13's bass with my whiplash cables serves me perfectly already which isn't on the stock cable... The Jh13 presents the music like Taylor Swift's Love Story while 1P2 is like Chris Brown's Yeah3x and LMAO's Party Rock Anthem.. :)

So if I were to put them simple:

Jh13FP & Miracle - MJ & Kobe

1P2 - LeBron

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #3,740 of 6,404
Quote:
This IEM looks tempting..I was a big IEM guy until going into full size phones..now every time I use my JH 3A system or my JH 13 the music feels constrained vs. my HD800 or TH900..but the reports of an IEM with a 3D soundstage in the league of the HD800 is very tempting..

You might also want to look into the AKG K3003.

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #3,741 of 6,404
Quote:
Jh13FP & Miracle - MJ & Kobe

1P2 - LeBron

The Majesty can't be classified as a ciem. He is above of everyone but there is no ciem above of all others, there are top level ciems and they are not like improvement to each other, more like side step.

Therefore, MJ is unique
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #3,744 of 6,404
Hey everyone. I have a quick question that's not exactly on topic. Did everyone buy there 1plus2 via www.tralucentaudio.com? My friend told me that you can't actually purchase the product. Instead, you have to send the money payment via Paypal to Gavin. I might be asking a stupid question right now but still, I want to make sure that this is normal before I invest a great deal of money on an iem. Thank you.

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #3,746 of 6,404
Guys, 

I am sorry to ask this stupid question, but.... I am trying to understand why do you buy a  1plus2   instead of a full size Headphone when for the same price than a 1plus2 ( $2000) you could get the VERY-Top-of the line Full size headphone like LCD3, TH900 or HD800 ?  

Is it only for portability issue or, besides portability reasons, do you consider the sonic advantage/pleasure of 1+2  better than those "dream Full size headphone" ? 

This is important for me to understand. Indeed, I have today a TH-900 that I am using for normal listening, but as you know I am looking for another headphone that do not leak sound outside for when I cannot disturb my environment (at work or in the bed when my wife sleep).   So I am looking for either a IEM or a (very) closed "non-leaking" headphone.
If I choose IEM, it is very likely that it will be the  1plus2 ,  but.... I still wonder if a  Beyerdynamic T5p, Edition 8  or Signature PRO...  will not be a better solution ?

thanks for your explanations

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #3,747 of 6,404
Quote:
Hey everyone. I have a quick question that's not exactly on topic. Did everyone buy there 1plus2 via www.tralucentaudio.com? My friend told me that you can't actually purchase the product. Instead, you have to send the money payment via Paypal to Gavin. I might be asking a stupid question right now but still, I want to make sure that this is normal before I invest a great deal of money on an iem. Thank you.

Gavin = Tralucent, PayPal is the way.
Gavin can be trusted 1000%, i would not even worry.

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #3,749 of 6,404
Quote:
Hey everyone. I have a quick question that's not exactly on topic. Did everyone buy there 1plus2 via www.tralucentaudio.com? My friend told me that you can't actually purchase the product. Instead, you have to send the money payment via Pay pal to Gavin. I might be asking a stupid question right now but still, I want to make sure that this is normal before I invest a great deal of money on an iem. Thank you.

Have you spoken directly with Gavin yet? You can either send him an email or even PM him on headfi (spkrs01). It's best to ask him directly if you have questions. I provided all the contact info on the front page so check the beginning of the thread as this is getting old... I also linked music acoustics which is one of their distributors where you can order/pre-order the 1Plus2.

Good luck.

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #3,750 of 6,404
Quote:
Well for me..... Larger cans make my ears hot, and can get mighty uncomfortable after a while....So I go for IEM's.

IEM more confortable than Full size headphone ! !  interesting, I was under the impression of the contrary !  And what about the sound & soundstage of full size headphone v/s  IEMs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back