Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #2,959 of 6,404
Guess I'm not so fortunate with Complys :frowning2:. Using them for some time I came to realize I was sacrificing detail, precision of the sound staging and even the size of the sound stage. I also have large ear canals so needed the Ts200 to give me a seal (since they are wider which is the most important aspect of me achieving a seal). I ended up reverting back to the large single flange JVC tips. Still the complys are quite comfortable and easy to get a seal with. Just didn't like the compromise in sound quality. I'm just pedantic like that :wink:.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,960 of 6,404
Guess I'm not so fortunate with Complys :frowning2:. Using them for some time I came to realize I was sacrificing detail, precision of the sound staging and even the size of the sound stage. I also have large ear canals so needed the Ts200 to give me a seal (since they are wider which is the most important aspect of me achieving a seal). I ended up reverting back to the large single flange JVC tips. Still the complys are quite comfortable and easy to get a seal with. Just didn't like the compromise in sound quality. I'm just pedantic like that :wink:.

I'll report more later as I'm using different DAPs. Whilst the treble is gentler, I'm thinking the same as you ie loss of detail and accuracy. But the Comply tips help reduce the aggressiveness of the 1Plus2.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #2,961 of 6,404
Quote:
I'll report more later as I'm using different DAPs. Whilst the treble is gentler, I'm thinking the same as you ie loss of detail and accuracy. But the Comply tips help reduce the aggressiveness of the 1Plus2.

Yeah it really depends on what you are after and what sources you pair it with. I have no such issues on my AK120 or my Triad. The Studio on the other hand is more so o fan issue after upgrading the cable to gold. That pairing did much better on silver cable IMO. So it's all give or take. But my findings aren't just for the 1Plus2 but for the Kaede as well. I'm using the UE Silicone tips on those with great effect. Probably gonna order a package of UE tips for the future :).

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #2,962 of 6,404
Quote:

Hi Cravenz,

On 1Plus2's aggressiveness...I think it's a matter of synergy between components.  With the high ability to unveil all music, the 1Plus2 might sound aggressive with some sources to which I've found it very bad with my iPod G3 and less so with the Sony PCM D50. However, it pairs flawlessly with the Tera Player.

I have close to 100 hours of burn in (my 1Plus2+Silver is only 10 days old) and now with much relax bass performance (at one point during the burn in it sound terrible).  Last night, I compared the loaner gold/silver with my silver (half run in) and found the silver is my preference with better analytical ability and energy possess throughout the music while the gold/silver, in relative, a bit mute (or tame) and compressed into the mids (personal opinion).

I'll be collecting my Uber next week and will report back how it performs.

Cheers

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #2,963 of 6,404
Quote:

Same here, as much as I like the comfort of Comply, the details and accuracy is unfortunately lost. Same goes for the attack. The comply smooth everything out. I am still sticking with silicon..

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #2,964 of 6,404
I can't seem to tolerate silicone tips for more than a few minutes. On the plus side, for whatever reason, Comply tips usually sound better for me and now with the Ts series I have a couple of choices to fine tune the sound.

In my experience the Ts series is closer to the sound I'd get with a silicone tip so I'd suggest trying those if the regular T series isn't agreeing with you but you like the comfort/isolation/seal you get with Comply's.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #2,965 of 6,404
Quote:

Interesting! I totally agree, they are aggressive! Like little growlers begging to have a go at your head space. Thing is, I like it! I like the fact that I know I am going to get a smack in the face when I put them on/in and press play.

Just my tastes I suppose. 

Very interesting to read that others think the same.

I guess I am lucky in so much as I can hear loads of detail etc even with the Comply. Although my left ear clearly has a different profile to my right as if I don't give it a micro twist after the Comply have expanded, I can totally hear (or not hear) what you are describing in that ear alone. Seal Science? Seal Art?

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,966 of 6,404
Quote:
Hi Cravenz,

On 1Plus2's aggressiveness...I think it's a matter of synergy between components.  With the high ability to unveil all music, the 1Plus2 might sound aggressive with some sources to which I've found it very bad with my iPod G3 and less so with the Sony PCM D50. However, it pairs flawlessly with the Tera Player.

I have close to 100 hours of burn in (my 1Plus2+Silver is only 10 days old) and now with much relax bass performance (at one point during the burn in it sound terrible).  Last night, I compared the loaner gold/silver with my silver (half run in) and found the silver is my preference with better analytical ability and energy possess throughout the music while the gold/silver, in relative, a bit mute (or tame) and compressed into the mids (personal opinion).

I'll be collecting my Uber next week and will report back how it performs.

Cheers

The Uber is really extremely toxic.... was quite determined to NOT demo it when I'm about to meet Gavin to listen to his 100-S today, you can guess how it goes......  
size]

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2,968 of 6,404
Quote:
RIP kkcc. Death via toxic poisoning due to ingesting solid core gold :wink:.

I would think I'm quite immune to cable poison having tried most types of materials and configurations available.  From simple OCC copper to Twag v3, never had been stung as hard by the Uber as any other.... because it really isn't like any other... was like LOLOL at its name and now the joke is on me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back