Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #121 of 6,404
Quote:

Yep that was what I meant - just didn't copy over completely... cheers

My point still stands. You get all the detail still IMO. Just in a more fun sound. If you listen its there. Plain and simple. I have to admit though these IEMs are on the harder side to drive. I tried using them out of my Rocoo BA and I'm not satisfied with that combination. I don't feel like its being driven properly from the Rocoo. I'm curious to see how the Studio V 3rd ANV will fair though once I receive it. I have a feeling that player will do a lot better in powering the IEMs.

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #122 of 6,404
Quote:
Well it really depends at how you look at it. When I hear a sound signature as natural I feel that its more true to the sound in real life to be honest. Many of the neutral signatures will not sound like what you get from a live show or event. It may sound better to many. If anything I'd compare it to watching a blue ray movie (far-stretch I know). It looks really good but too sharp to be real if you know what I mean. Artificial may be what I'm hinting at in a sense. Then again it really is hard for an IEM to give you those experiences you get at a live event to begin with. We all do hear things differently though...

Too many variables but we try and keep things as objective as possible - in the same way people can also hear differently in live situations whereby decided by your seating/standing position relative to band, weather conditions, speakers used, live band members using different gear (who knows), building used for concert etc etc etc....So your live experience might be different to other's live experience but as you said..I doubt live concerts can be experienced exactly though an IEM or Cans for that matter. But they can give you the same enjoyment and in some cases can come extremely close! Those are the special ones.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #123 of 6,404
Quote:
My point still stands. You get all the detail still IMO. Just in a more fun sound. If you listen its there. Plain and simple.

Good to hear that the detail remains! More and more excited to listen to these! Apparently will be shipped next week or so!

A few more excalamation marks!!!

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #124 of 6,404
Its not really surprising considering there are BA TWFKs which are dedicated to the High and mids while the 10mm drivers are solely dedicated to producing bass. Otherwise I'd see no point in making such an IEM if they are lacking in either area. I just can't get over the coherency though. Its superb!

gs1000.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #125 of 6,404
Quote:
Its not really surprising considering there are BA TWFKs which are dedicated to the High and mids while the 10mm drivers are solely dedicated to producing bass. Otherwise I'd see no point in making such an IEM if they are lacking in either area. I just can't get over the coherency though. Its superb!

gs1000.gif

Are you still using the T1 amp? How long does the battery last for now that you have been perhaps using it for a while?

Btw which op-amp are you using with Leckerton atm for an off-topic question?

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #126 of 6,404
Quote:

Are you still using the T1 amp? How long does the battery last for now that you have been perhaps using it for a while?

Btw which op-amp are you using with Leckerton atm for an off-topic question?

I really haven't been keeping track of the T1 Amp. I can say I've forgot to turn it off on several occasions. I'd say around 48 hours of constant playback time. I'll try to test it out but I tend to lack patience for these kinds of things lol. Could be that Tralucents suggested battery life is taking into account that you turn the amp off and on to let it rest in-between the marathons (the same applies to the Studio V in order to get 55 hours playback with FLAC).

I am back on Op-Amp 8610. This is my preferred Op-Amp over both 627AP and 209. 209 just gets too fatiguing with long listening sessions and shows you flaws in the recording that are not meant to be in the recording (digital artifacting). This alone also causes me to get fatigued. However 209 is still a very nice OP-Amp just I have to be in the mood for the nitty-and-gritty. Op-Amp 627AP is very lush and tub-like. Its more colored and along the lines of a fun sound signature. While I can very much live with this sound I still prefer 8610 since it is quite neutral. I generally like to find a balance between my IEMs and the sources I pair them with. 8610 has just a slight hint of warmth and the vocals are very nice (clarity focus is on the mids).

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #127 of 6,404
Quote:
My point still stands. You get all the detail still IMO. Just in a more fun sound. If you listen its there. Plain and simple. I have to admit though these IEMs are on the harder side to drive. I tried using them out of my Rocoo BA and I'm not satisfied with that combination. I don't feel like its being driven properly from the Rocoo. I'm curious to see how the Studio V 3rd ANV will fair though once I receive it. I have a feeling that player will do a lot better in powering the IEMs.

Just noticed the edits - is the impedance (at whatever reference frequency companies use) of the IEMs known? Wondering how it would sound just out of Ipod or Iphone without amping.

Let us know how the Studio V sounds - they had a trade going a few months back. Seems a few people are preferring that DAP to the DX100 - you included Lee? It seems to be slightly more powerful than the Rocoo so should make a difference - although at what specs (frequency response & load/ohms) this rating is given at is unknown so cannot directly compare apart from listening to them. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #128 of 6,404
Quote:

Just noticed the edits - is the impedance (at whatever reference frequency companies use) of the IEMs known? Wondering how it would sound just out of Ipod or Iphone without amping.

Let us know how the Studio V sounds - they had a trade going a few months back. Seems a few people are preferring that DAP to the DX100 - you included Lee? It seems to be slightly more powerful than the Rocoo so should make a difference - although at what specs (frequency response & load/ohms) this rating is given at is unknown so cannot directly compare apart from listening to them. 

Actually they are having an introductory offer on the Studio V 3rd ANV. Not sure if its still available. You can try contact Jack Fu from Hisound as see if its still on. He was offering 50% off the new Studio V 3rd ANV in return for a review here on headfi. From a portability standpoint I did much prefer the Studio V to the DX100. However the noticeable hiss on the second generation was the big problem. Now the 3rd ANV is suppose to fix that problem. I'll confirm that for myself once I've received my unit and will keep you posted on it. I did still find the DX100 the overall better DAP for its UI, functions and overall sound. Although for portable listening if the Studio V pairs well with your IEMs the difference isn't night and day when it comes to sound quality. But the actual sound signatures are quite different IMO and I'd say a night and day difference. It really comes down to what you need. The Studio V offers excellent battery life, a sturdy design and a simple UI (a bit quirky but workable). The DX100 offers versatility, power and premium sound at a premium cost. Battery life is not that great. Up to 8 hours in my case.

To my knowledge the Tralucents are 50 26 Ohms so not the easiest to drive out there, plus you consider the x-overs, the BAs and the dynamic drivers and I see this as being harder to drive than your average IEM. The Studio V has an ouput power of 80mW. Your average players tend to be around 17mW to 35mW. So a significant difference in power. The DX100 is around 245mW to my knowledge which is also a significant jump over the Studio V. Ideally you want low output impedance with Sensitive IEMs (less than 1 ohm). The 1Plus2s however aren't the most sensitive and play quite nicely with the T1 amp (which is rated at 8 ohms).

Edit: Sorry folks I stand corrected, the Tralucents are 26 Ohms. My bad :p.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621204/trade-for-the-perfect-player-in-the-world-hisound-s-studio-3rd-anniversary-edition

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #129 of 6,404
Some feedback for Tralucent:

I've had the stock tip on the right side come off in my ear 3 times now. Easily removed with tweezers and thankfully I have a pair at work.

I would recommend making the ridge around the nozzle, for holding the tips on, to be a little larger and thicker.

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #130 of 6,404
Quote:
  Some feedback for Tralucent:

I've had the stock tip on the right side come off in my ear 3 times now. Easily removed with tweezers and thankfully I have a pair at work.
I would recommend making the ridge around the nozzle, for holding the tips on, to be a little larger and thicker.

Seems like it's an issue for all these universalized customs... I have the same issue with the Heir x.Ai; they have a berm around the nozzle, but it's not really that large, and acrylic tends to be pretty slippery. I think making a ridge FitEar style is really time/work-consuming...

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #134 of 6,404
Alternatives. I don't think Tralucent includes tips normally. Although mine did come with a pair of TF10 large single flanges. I use the large Single flange JVC tips I got from ebay. Dirt cheap as well and does the trick. Also V-moda bass tips are quite nice and are dirt cheap on amazon. You can opt for small, medium and large. Just change the size when doing the search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-JVC-Replacement-Ear-Phone-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/350573446310

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346577666&sr=1-3&keywords=v-moda+bass+tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back