1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread

First

Back
409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418
420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427
Next

Last
  1. Joe-Siow

Gotta love the way u put it

2. H20Fidelity Contributor

Handmade and constructed at Tralucent studios located in Mount Tai, sacred mountain of China.

3. Joe-Siow

[​IMG]

4. Gosod
    I pokane decided which model I should buy.

5. ambchang
    So after trying on a number of tips, I settled with some foam tips (I believe they are Comply) and am really liking the sound.  That said, comfort is still an issue and I therefore I am looking at custom tips.

Does anybody know where I can get some reasonably priced custom tips for the 1P2?  I found a few kits online that can allow me to do that but I am very hesitant on the fit, and I am not overly comfortable with stuffing chemicals in my ears, would rather have a professional handle it.

6. H20Fidelity Contributor

What exactly are you finding uncomfortable? The housing position, tips staying in, earguide etc?

Make sure the ear guides are moulded to your ears by bending them otherwise they'll try and pull the housings/nozzle out of your ear. The nozzles should be long enough to get a good distance inside your canal.

Also check the earguide run relatively straight, they can be heated (gently) with a hair dryer and adjusted.

The only time I've had fit problems is due to the earguides causing issues.

7. ambchang

The biggest problem is the tip area as it is just scratching my ears, a little large. That's why I thought a custom eartip will help some what.

8. H20Fidelity Contributor

Order in some of these.

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/6-S-M-L-Replacement-Earbuds-tips-for-Philips-UE-In-Ear-Earphones-/251455352309?nav=SEARCH

They will seal on the outer edge of your canal with a light insertion. And look on eBay USA, search for 'ear tips', there are many types from Hong Kong sellers that may help and they're cheap.

For me it's pretty easy when I get an iem because after being on Head-fi for 4 years I've accumulated a lot of tips.

With that said, I'm not sure I can recall anyone using custom moulds on the Tralucent earphones personally. You could check the threads gallery of photos to see if there are any and thier respective posts.

My opinion is you need to go into tip hunting mode and purchase a few good options. Hopefully things work out.

Also if the tip is scratching your ear it could mean the nozzles aren't shooting straight enough into your canal. This could mean the housings are twisting on insertion or not sitting correctly. For this you need to check the earguides aren't pulling the housing at a strange angle when worn.

Bassically the housing should hover outside your ear, the nozzle and earguide being it's main support.

9. H20Fidelity Contributor
    See this rough as guts photo here.

This is an example of the earguides not running 'straight' from the housing as I mentioned in the previous post.

What can happen when you insert the earphones is the housing then try's to pull in the opposite direction as the guide springs back and that pressure then translates to the nozzle.

received_10207651292185229.jpg

A little bit of angle is ok but I've encountered some cables which are pretty extreme.. They can be adjusted with a hair dryer and lightly twisted at the plug end. Because its not the earguide wire, its actually the plastic causing it where the plug was closed over it.

10. ambchang
    Thanks for the tip. Will try it out.

11. CraftyClown
    Afternoon folks,

Quick cable recommendation question;

I'm currently pairing up my original 1plus2s with a Sony ZX2 via a Toxic Silver Widow cable. It sounds great, but I'm acutely aware that there are many who advise using only Tralucent cables with Tralucent IEMs.

@H20Fidelity I believe a while back you even mentioned a night and day difference the Silver Widow and the Tralucent silver + gold stock. Am I remembering correctly?

So yeah, I'd love to hear some recommendations on the best cable to sit between my ZX2 and my original 1plus2s? 

Thanking you all kindly [​IMG]

12. H20Fidelity Contributor

I've never tried my Silver Widow with the original 1Plus2, I've always been happy with Tralucent's pure silver on my 1Plus2. That would have been Ref.1 I was talking about with those two cables so I can't say. Gavin has a new copper cable he uses on the 1Plus2.2 which is worth looking at if you're after a Tralucent brand.

I know @Kiats uses a bit of both Toxic Cables and Tralucent so he should be able to help.

13. CraftyClown

​Thanks mate, appreciated.

@Kiats it would great to get your feedback, and anyone elses for that matter :)

14. Kiats

Well, firstly, what is suggested is that Gavin tends to tune his iems with his cables. And hence if you want to remain true to his vision of musical presentation, then it may be prudent to pair them accordingly.

Secondly, whilst I'll be the first to admit that I am a big user of Toxic Cables and Tralucent iem cables, I cannot say I have used Frank's cables on Tralucent iems because my Toxic Cables iem cables are for my FitEar customs. The connectors are different.

As for Tralucent iems, my Plus5 and Ref1 Too are paired with the Uber Too cable while the 1Plus2.2 is paired with the original Uber cable. The new stock copper cable, which came with the 1plus2.2, is currently paired with the original 1Plus2.

As H20 pointed out, it is an excellent cable. When paired with the 1plus2, no one could possibly accuse the 1plus2 of being V shaped as the mids are lovely and lush, while retaining the bass and treble extension of the 1Plus2.

I hope that helps. :)

15. CraftyClown

​It does indeed help, thank you.

The new stock copper cable certainly sounds like an interesting purchase, especially if it pairs that well with the original 1plus2s

How ergonomic would you say it is, compared to the Silver Widow?

First

Back
409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418
420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427
Next

Last