1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread

First

Back
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413
Next

Last
  1. H20Fidelity Contributor

Well, 2.2 does share similarity in that the tonality is closer to Ref.1 and note weight with a strong resemblance of 1Plus2's overall signature. Areas like the mids are thicker on 2.2, more fleshed out which contributes to a larger perception of detail and resolution. The lean semi thinness 1Plus2 could exhibit at higher volumes has been reduced on 2.2. Bass still akin to the original 1Plus2 as I believe 2.2 is using similar drivers, the low-end does appear a little faster and notes clearly understood from the mid-range compared.

Treble is still in 1Plus2 zones just a little smoother and refined, soundstage at similar levels. One of the big areas I mentioned is the flow of the music, I have heard 1Plus2 being labeled as mechanical or robotic in the past. While I can relate to that its always a sound I've enjoyed and what expresses its technical skill.. 2.2 seems to detach itself from that progression in the music and add a little more toe-tapping yet remain as skilled in separation and layering.

Its obvious with acoustic tracks or single piano solos where you hear the micro detail of each note passing onto the next rather seamlessly, quite involving and intriguing to feel in the music. If the 2.2 was too much like the original I wouldn't of bothered buying it because what's the point, at first I didn't think Tralucent could create a true upgrade.

I was wrong, the two can stand side by side with some advantage to the newer 2.2. Kind of clever how they remain similar yet altered.

Plus5 is a very different creature and not something I've heard from Tralucent before, completely detaches itself from the pack and I need more time to deal with it, because its tonality is much warmer around the mids, its note weight very thick, it still manages an immense amount of detail however and remain extremely spacious.

Basically, 2.2 and I clicked straight away like all previous earphones Gavin made, Plus5 is completely opposite to my preferences and I'm pondering what to conclude.

You're welcome.[​IMG] 

2. Kiats
    Well put, as always, H20! Though I would describe the 1p2 as more leaning towards being a tad austere. While the 2.2 allows itself the little luxury of showing off its ability of layering and hint of richness. :)

3. H20Fidelity Contributor

1Plus2 is more like a living on a knife edge compared yes, constantly wants to show off and be the star.

2.2 takes a large portion of that with its own contributions like the more matured brother. I have noticed 2.2 is easier to listen for longer periods even at the same volumes I'd use 1Plus2. Its one thing I appreciate a lot as I'm still smothered in detail yet its almost possible to dose off at the same time. Less 'look at me, don't look away'. More 'enjoy the music' but not crave anything.

2.2 detail is quite a bit more though, I hear it in my favourite vocal tracks extending beyond what 1Plus2 could achieve.

4. Kiats
    Agree on the additional details of the 2.2. The first time I had an extended listen on the Tera with the 2.2, I was quite stupefied by what I heard while being irresistibly sucked into the music.

5. AnakChan Moderator
    "Someone called me??"

P5180046_Snapseed.jpg

H20Fidelity likes this.
  6. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Welcome to the family Anakchan. [​IMG]

Knew it wouldn't take you long to give in. 

7. Kiats

:joy: Welcome, Anakchan

8. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Well, I think they're his pair, I'm not 100% he's playing cheeky buggers with us.

Please confirm, Anakchan.

He did seem to like them quite a lot....

9. AnakChan Moderator
    I take on the aboriginal concept of ownership with these 1Plus2.2's - It owns me :wink:.

After its done with me, I do wish for other folks in my vicinity to listen to this too.

lee730 and H20Fidelity like this.
  10. Semuapunmau
    image.jpg

Time flies when you are having fun...5 hours of listening pleasure. :ksc75smile:

11. Kiats

:thumbsup: The 2.2 does bring out the best in the Tera Player, doesn't it?

12. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Discovered something very interesting this afternoon using 2.2.

Its not the kind of thing I talk about though so, best not say anything...

13. Semuapunmau

Yes it does...[​IMG]

14. Sabre2

Maybe could hear about it via PM :)

15. H20Fidelity Contributor

Its ok, I will say it here.

I have two cables here both Tralucent new copper, (same cable) only difference between these two cables are their plugs.

One being 2.5mm balanced, the other 3.5mm single end.

When using a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter on the balanced cable to run both (single ended) they sound different, notably the amount of soundstage, detail and emotion from the music. The reason this came about is because I was deciding which cable to keep on my 2.2. Stay balanced with an adapter or plain single ended 3.5mm.

I don't really know what to think but I prefer the sound of the balanced cable with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, it has the slightly smaller soundstage but provides those to die for vocals I always mention. It could be one cable not broken in yet but I don't know really. Its very interesting though as I'd much rather just keep the cable with stand alone 3.5mm plug however the difference is enough for me to continue using the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter on the balanced cable.

First

Back
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413
Next

Last