Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 17, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #6,016 of 6,404

Nice to see such great enthusiasm for 2.2 - I'm not surprised as I love the original 1P2 and the new one is surely better.
By the way, which DAP's have you tried with 1Plus2.2 so far, and which one is your favorite? Sorry if you have already answered that earlier ...

I use 2.2 from DX90 single ended (3.5mm connection). It offers the most detail and resolution for 2.2 from my sources, one area noticeably ahead of the original the amount of detail being revealed. The original 1Plus2 was also run from DX90 on the same firmware which I know well so its a good test to identify variation.

I also run 2.2 balanced from Lotto PAW 5000 though find the Lotto to make them a little cold or bright for long listening, I put this down to a fault in the synergy because with DX90 they're spot on, enough to be happy for quite a while.

May 17, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #6,017 of 6,404

I use 2.2 from DX90 single ended (3.5mm connection). It offers the most detail and resolution for 2.2 from my sources, one area noticeably ahead of the original the amount of detail being revealed. The original 1Plus2 was also run from DX90 on the same firmware which I know well so its a good test to identify variation.

I also run 2.2 balanced from Lotto PAW 5000 though find the Lotto to make them a little cold or bright for long listening, I put this down to a fault in the synergy because with DX90 they're spot on, enough to be happy for quite a while.

Thanks - good to know. I have been using Tera as my only hires DAP for about 4 years now and I'm still thrilled with it. However, given how expensive Tera is now I've also started thinking about what other DAP I may get as backup for Tera - something where the dropoff in SQ would not be horrible (I have in the past tried HM901, AK120, and AK240 but frankly did not like any of them compared to Tera). Also, I love good physical buttons instead of fancy touch screens that eat up battery life, so I was thinking about maybe trying Lotto PAW Gold. But I'm also thrilled with my Tralucent phones - currently original Ref 1 and 1p2 so whatever other DAP I get must pair up nicely with those, and also with either new Plus5 or 2.2 - still can't decide which one of those I should go with next.

May 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #6,018 of 6,404

Thanks - good to know. I have been using Tera as my only hires DAP for about 4 years now and I'm still thrilled with it. However, given how expensive Tera is now I've also started thinking about what other DAP I may get as backup for Tera - something where the dropoff in SQ would not be horrible (I have in the past tried HM901, AK120, and AK240 but frankly did not like any of them compared to Tera). Also, I love good physical buttons instead of fancy touch screens that eat up battery life, so I was thinking about maybe trying Lotto PAW Gold. But I'm also thrilled with my Tralucent phones - currently original Ref 1 and 1p2 so whatever other DAP I get must pair up nicely with those, and also with either new Plus5 or 2.2 - still can't decide which one of those I should go with next.

Personally I would go with the Lotoo Paw Gold, and stay with a 3.5mm connection. Fantastic sounding and built like a tank, also great with DSD.

Probably my 2nd favourite Dap after the 380Cu stack that I am using at the moment...............

May 17, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #6,019 of 6,404

Personally I would go with the Lotoo Paw Gold, and stay with a 3.5mm connection. Fantastic sounding and built like a tank, also great with DSD.

Probably my 2nd favourite Dap after the 380Cu stack that I am using at the moment...............

Thanks. Sounds like big time endorsment of LPG - especially given you are probably using Tralucent phones with it.
wink_face.gif

May 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #6,020 of 6,404
Thanks. Sounds like big time endorsment of LPG - especially given you are probably using Tralucent phones with it. :wink_face:

Agree on the LPG. Excellent pairing with the Tralucent IEMs. :)

May 17, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #6,022 of 6,404

Please share your impressions should you ever get the PAW Gold with the Ref.1 as I'm having the same IEMs as yours.

Cheers

May 18, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #6,025 of 6,404

No problem. I just ordered LPG - should receive it in couple of weeks and will let you know what I think.

Well, that was easy!

Can't get much better recommendation assurance from any other than  Kiats and sprks.

Please, please come back and tell us your thoughts! 

May 18, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #6,026 of 6,404

Well, that was easy!

Can't get much better recommendation assurance from any other than  Kiats and sprks.

Agreed - some of the most knowledgeable people seem to be hanging around in Tralucent threads and I have already learned so much from them since I joined the forum.
By the way, LPG may have been easy decision but picking between P5 and 2.2 is not. I though I had already decided on P5 but am having second thoughs again after recent stellar feedback from people about 2.2 (and my love for the original 1p2 signature with that incredible sparkly treble). Also, someone recently said 2.2 sounds like 1p2 and Ref 1 had a baby - I know it's crazy but that almost instantly put 2.2 back on top of my wanted list! Still - before I buy I want to see more reviews/feedback about both of them, and also want to digest LPG first with my current phones and see how it compares to Tera).

May 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #6,027 of 6,404
Well, that was easy!

Haha! Very kind of you, H20. :)

May 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #6,028 of 6,404
Agreed - some of the most knowledgeable people seem to be hanging around in Tralucent threads and I have already learned so much from them since I joined the forum.
By the way, LPG may have been easy decision but picking between P5 and 2.2 is not. I though I had already decided on P5 but am having second thoughs again after recent stellar feedback from people about 2.2 (and my love for the original 1p2 signature with that incredible sparkly treble). Also, someone recently said 2.2 sounds like 1p2 and Ref 1 had a baby - I know it's crazy but that almost instantly put 2.2 back on top of my wanted list! Still - before I buy I want to see more reviews/feedback about both of them, and also want to digest LPG first with my current phones and see how it compares to Tera).

Well, tgdinamo, as a fellow Tera Player owner, I perfectly understand your dilemma. I was assured by Detrozer and Awry who had heard the 2.2 that it is sufficiently different from the 1plus2, I took the plunge. No regrets at all.

That being said, the Plus5 is an incredible BA IEM. :)

All being said and done, with the Tera, the 2.2 does have fantastic synergy and really brings out the best of the Tera. On the other hand, I prefer the Plus5 for its interplay with the LPG.

Which is why Sabre2 is having such a ball of a time right now: being able to luxuriate in 3 different musical presentations for the same piece of music. :)

May 18, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #6,029 of 6,404

The lushness of the 2.2, its sense of space and its lingering edgy trebles is spine tingling with female jazz vocals like Halie Loren...

May 18, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #6,030 of 6,404

The lushness of the 2.2, its sense of space and its lingering edgy trebles is spine tingling with female jazz vocals like Halie Loren...

That's why I love the original 1p2 - some of my favorite female singer like Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Diana Krall, & Norah Jones have never sounded better to me than with Tera/1p2 combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back