Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #4,203 of 6,404
I just know you are going to love them.....

Oh, I AM loving them:) I am currently using them with Comply TSX400 - a pair of foams that I wasn't expecting to work so well with the 1+2's.

Impressions out soon. I'll be busy for today and tomorrow, so I won't be able to do some writing.

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #4,204 of 6,404
I would just like to say our Australian tour is running extremely smoothly, it's great to see our country's members doing the right thing. 

That will be all.  
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #4,207 of 6,404
  Just got my pair today and am pairing them with toxic's virus cables and an iphone 5.. looking forward to getting home and listening with a better source while grinning from ear to ear 
biggrin.gif

Ah so you opted for the 1Plus2 instead of the SE5? Or do you still plan to get the SE5 at some point?

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #4,208 of 6,404

Ah so you opted for the 1Plus2 instead of the SE5? Or do you still plan to get the SE5 at some point?

Just the tralucents- I'm a bit scared of the se5's because it seems that there are some consistency issues, and the whole having to have it be refit if they don't come out right seems like too much of a PITA.  If SE5s weren't so hard to get ahold of from outside the EU, I'd be a lot more interested.  How are yours? Are they fitting any better?

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #4,209 of 6,404

Just the tralucents- I'm a bit scared of the se5's because it seems that there are some consistency issues, and the whole having to have it be refit if they don't come out right seems like too much of a PITA.  If SE5s weren't so hard to get ahold of from outside the EU, I'd be a lot more interested.  How are yours? Are they fitting any better?

With the ear lube the problem seems to be fixed. Maybe most people with fit issues (regarding pain and comfort opposed to actual seal) should give that a go before going back for refits. Particularly if the refit is hard to attain. I wore them for well over 4 hours yesterday without any issues. Pretty much the pain when I removed them was rather small (same as with the 8As). But that's to be expected as you won't normally wear a CIEM for that long anyways.

Sep 10, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #4,210 of 6,404
do the ortofon small tips fit the tralucents?
Yes they do. Although personally I find the Ortofon tips exaggerates the 1Plus2's sibilance. The new Tralucent tips or FitEar tips are my personal preferences.

OT: I prefer Ortofon tips for my FitEar TO GO! 334 funnily.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #4,213 of 6,404
Using a copper/silver litz cable, I'm not hearing any sibilance.  I'll have to try out my silver cable when I get home, but I don't expect to be using it much after that.  I'm thinking that a high purity copper/silver hybrid is the way to go with these.

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #4,214 of 6,404
Long time, no see, 1Plus2 thread!

Anyways, I'm sorry I wasn't able to give a first impressions on the Australian Tour 1Plus2 in the past day or so, as I was rather really busy. 

First Impressions on the 1Plus2

So as most of you already know, I received the 1Plus2's on Wednesday, and I've spent a good 10+ hours with them since. 

My thoughts on the 1Plus2 upon receiving them: Beautiful IEMs to start off with. Very nice build quality, along with a sleek, stealthy design. I really like the carbon-fibre plating that Tralucent put on these IEMs. They feel very nice in the hands, and well...they better for the price one would pay for them! 

Would I buy them? Definitely, if I had the money to fork out. I think they're worth the price, although I am not too sure about the pricing of the cable, however. Yes, it does sound extremely mesmerizing, but for the price that is being paid; I'd be expecting a bit more in terms of build quality and design. The cable kind of feels a bit tacky and fragile to me..but other than that, the whole thing is built to brilliant standards! 

Thoughts on the sound: Before anyone questions it, yes, they are probably the best I've heard, although I haven't experimented with much IEMs before; these were very impressive! What stood out to me the most about them, was probably the overall sound in general. I really liked the depth and width of the soundstage, and also, the instrumental separation really stood out to me. They sound very crisp and full-on if you know what I mean. For the "wow" factor, I'd definitely tick that box, for sure. However, one thing did hinder the 1Plus2 for me. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I found them to be a bit fatiguing after, let's say, 4+ hours of use (I'm using Comply TSX-400 to maximize comfort), and they had a hint of warmth to the sound quality, although, that could just be me and my love for bright, sparkly sound. 

One of few songs that I found to bring out a lot in the 1Plus2's to me, has got to be Sam Sparro - Black & Gold

That is all for now:)

Back to enjoying them!

Over & Out,
SkyBleu-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back