Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #4,187 of 6,404
Just A/B Ed the parterres and jh13s........ Well, to put it simply, I've lost faith in them.... Perhaps it's cos I've gotten used to a bright iem..... I preferred the jh13s cos of the superior clarity but I still felt it needed a brighter and clearer sound sig.... Any idea if 1p2 woyld be brighter and clearer?

Yes. I agree with you. JH13 has great clarity and soundstage. But the imaging can be slightly better and treble extension/brightness can still be greater.

1+2 IS clearer and brighter than JH13 just like you wanted.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #4,188 of 6,404
Sep 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #4,189 of 6,404
Yes. I agree with you. JH13 has great clarity and soundstage. But the imaging can be slightly better and treble extension/brightness can still be greater.

Great then these have already sparked my interest before, but now they've got my attention :)

a very messy way.... no problem with this !

Haha +1 on that, my desk was never clean( other than when it was bought )

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #4,190 of 6,404

I thought the new JH13FP was supposed to have massive amounts of clarity according to almost everyone, wierd.

Just as a second opinion on the 1p2 side. While they have a ton of detail, very prominent treble, and resultingly great clarity, I don't find that all that "bright" sounding. Jm2c.

FWIW, I agree with James on trying the UERM demo at the least, if possible. It's literally a polar opposite of the 1p2 presentation to my ears.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #4,191 of 6,404
IMO, most people would say a earphone is bright if it has a linear/uncut upper mid-lower/mid treble (of course, it can't have a extreme rolled off extension) which is exactly what 1+2 offers, hence the super clarity, imaging, soundstage and detail. 

The new JH13 FP is pretty balanced with clear, a bit forward presentation which slightly ultra treble roll off. Overall it sounds detailed with good instrument separation, just not as accurate as 1+2 to my ears.

If "lookingforIEMs" is looking for a CIEM that is a bit brighter than JH13 with incredible clarity, I can't recommend Hidition NT6 better. NT6 is another reference sounding CIEM with more bass capacity and musicality than UREM. If you are looking for a universal IEM, 1+2 is the closest. My 2 cents.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #4,192 of 6,404
IMO, most people would say a earphone is bright if it has a linear/uncut upper mid-lower/mid treble (of course, it can't have a extreme rolled off extension) which is exactly what 1+2 offers, hence the super clarity, imaging, soundstage and detail. 

Sounds about right.
So you... agree that the 1Plus2 isn't bright? :smile:
The entire upper midrange/lower treble is a plateaued dip on the 1p2.

The new JH13 FP is pretty balanced with clear, a bit forward presentation which slightly ultra treble roll off. Overall it sounds detailed with good instrument separation, just not as accurate as 1+2 to my ears.

Thanks for the input here. I'm sure it'll be useful to people trying to understand what the 1p2 sounds like. Could you possibly define how you mean accurate?

If "lookingforIEMs" is looking for a CIEM that is a bit brighter than JH13 with incredible clarity, I can't recommend Hidition NT6 better. NT6 is another reference sounding CIEM with more bass capacity and musicality than UREM. If you are looking for a universal IEM, 1+2 is the closest. My 2 cents.

LOL I jut noticed his name.

The NT6 sounds like something he should definitely look into from what I've read. Great recommendation.

From what I hear, I am a bit confused as to what exactly "reference" means or is supposed to mean lol. But if the NT6 is more "musical" than the UERM :blink:, then it might make my head explode, which is scary. I was dancing like a fool in my hallway to music that no one has any business dancing to with the UERM. :D

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #4,193 of 6,404
どう致しまして。

:D

X2. Though binaural recordings like Chesky's "Explorations in Space and Time" should (in theory) catch everything you'd hear in the same place.

I remember reading somewhere that this is contingent upon a flat response, which given that graph you posted in the ASG-2 thread :veryevil: is likely practically impossible.

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #4,194 of 6,404
I remember reading somewhere that this is contingent upon a flat response, which given that graph you posted in the ASG-2 thread
very_evil_smiley.gif
is likely practically impossible.

Agreed, if we're mainly looking at frequency response. That's why I said "in theory".
tongue.gif

Though, if we consider room (hall, church) acoustics as a whole, a binaural recording will catch reflections / reverberations just like you'd hear them in the same place and therefore sound easily more lifelike and true to original room acoustics than a closer miked multi-channel recording.

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #4,195 of 6,404
Sounds about right.
So you... agree that the 1Plus2 isn't bright?
smile.gif

The entire upper midrange/lower treble is a plateaued dip on the 1p2.
Thanks for the input here. I'm sure it'll be useful to people trying to understand what the 1p2 sounds like. Could you possibly define how you mean accurate?
LOL I jut noticed his name.

The NT6 sounds like something he should definitely look into from what I've read. Great recommendation.

From what I hear, I am a bit confused as to what exactly "reference" means or is supposed to mean lol. But if the NT6 is more "musical" than the UERM
blink.gif
, then it might make my head explode, which is scary. I was dancing like a fool in my hallway to music that no one has any business dancing to with the UERM.
biggrin.gif

Hmm...that's very odd. it's either we use completely different tips or our 1+2 sounds totally different. my 1+2 has super linear (if not lifted) upper midrange (4-5k Hz, so I don't mean the frequency part of major vocal positions), and especially lower treble region (6k-9k Hz).

Accurate for me will be: no part of the entire frequency spectrum is significantly recessed or humped, so the whole response would sound as realistic as possible. Thus pin point imaging should be closest to real life performance, so I can actually tell exactly where the instruments are located with the accurate earphones (like 1+2 provides). Accurate doesn't mean balanced IMO. Balanced sound doesn't necessarily has to have perfect linearity in the frequency response. As long as bass, mid and treble combine/compensate with each other well enough, the earphone can sound balanced, just like JH13 FP. It's indeed a well balanced earphone, but not accurate enough to my ears.

"Reference" can mean very different things to different people. For me, it would be everything I said about "accurate" sound with about 5% brightness and forwardness to maximize its use for studio recording/mixing. 

I say NT6 is more "musical" is because NT6 is technically superior than UERM which means it has better extensions on both ways (while still maintaining very linear frequency response) than UERM. Better bass depth/impact and treble extensions would make the whole sound presentation of NT6 more musical/fuller and smoother, respectively.

Again my 2 cents.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #4,196 of 6,404
  Hmm I guess I didn't describe it the way I invisioned it to be. I have no problems with the 1P2, it's just the switch to the customs that causes slight nausea. Well anyways, it isn't so bothersome. I just found it interesting, that's all. Lee might be right with the pressure idea. the 1P2 and Kaede are vented. Customs aren't. Perhaps that's causing minor disorientation. 

Think of it this way, to anyone who's experienced motion sickness in the passenger seat before. When you close your eyes, it isn't as bad as it was before. Applying the same concept to IEMs, I was thinking that since a vented design might be more "natural" a switch to a closed/sealed design might cause some disorientation, which would get better over time as the brain adjusts to the new presentation.

I'm the weird one... I got motion sickness when the boat was moving full speed jumping up and down. As soon as it stopped I got better then everyone else got suck but me lol.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #4,197 of 6,404
Lee :)

Bmichels, nice NOS tubes you got, Lorenz and Philips Miniwat is rarity. Where you buy good NOS?

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #4,198 of 6,404
Lee :)

Bmichels, nice NOS tubes you got, Lorenz and Philips Miniwat is rarity. Where you buy good NOS?

EBay most of the Time.

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #4,199 of 6,404
EBay most of the Time.

thanks, but aren't you afraid of bad quality or fakes? is a seller guarantee attached or pure trust?

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #4,200 of 6,404
Hey all, I just received the 1Plus2's from the Australian Tour from Audionewbi just this morning, and thought I'd check in to let you guys know that I shall have my first impression out shortly, along with a mini review/insight in a few days to a week! 

Here's a picture of what I used the 1Plus2's with when I first laid my hands on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back