Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #4,171 of 6,404

Well I never said he shouldn't consult a doctor. I really don't know exactly what could have caused those issues. Only stating possibilities. I agree with you though that if it's a problem he should seek medical treatment.

yes, right, but: one cause we can exclude for sure is pregnancy 
o2smile.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #4,173 of 6,404
Wow, all this medical talk is scaring me.

I was just referring to a kind of motion sickness that I find when switching from big soundstage to small soundstage. It goes away after an hour or two after getting "used to" the more intimate IEM. Same thing from small to big. 

Unless I missed the joke...

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #4,174 of 6,404
We were having a little fun. But some of what was said is true. It's a bit strange because I generally don't get a headache switching between my IEMs. What I was referring to though in such a scenario is where the IEM was too forward for me and I got fatigued listening to it on a short listen. Didn't have the same effect going back to my other IEMs though.... So I can't really follow you on that one. The only issues I'd generally have would be having to acclimate to the other IEM which at times can be a bit irritating and time consuming (things might sound off for a bit).

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #4,175 of 6,404
Eve, since you mentioned nausea and vertigo i assumed that could be some sort of a problem. i do not understand what you mean by motion sickness? also how fast this goes away when you put them off? one reason could be changing blood pressure for some unknown reason.

anyway, if you feel symptoms disturbing you or lasting then consulting MD is advisable. nothing scary here, just life.

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #4,176 of 6,404
Lee, from my experience fatigue is when i feel like losing sensitivity and sound images becoming blurred... this does not cause me any vertigo or else health symptoms. when i wear headphones i get a bit funny sensation as if being cut from the world since my brain tries to listen... switching attention is Ok but then i miss some fine listening experience and notes... this is brain function since listening is also psychic activity of brain. but nothing else i could encounter. of course less comfortable earphones or headphones will cause some pressure pains which are easily cured removing the device... nothing else i can think about.

fun? yes, you bet... but do not worry, we will not advise you for a fertility test. 
darthsmile.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #4,177 of 6,404
I agree. I was under the impression it could possibly be his CIEMs putting pressure on his ear canals and maybe even cutting off blood flow to his ears (a problem I've been having sadly :frowning2: ). But with the universal fit IEMs I don't see that happening at all and especially being vented.

Sep 9, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #4,178 of 6,404
Lee, perhaps Über cable can cure this??? Eve, get Über cable 
k701smile.gif

seriously, experimenting with tips is a must. for what is worth if tips are providing too tight seal then i can see some pressure problem too. perhaps having seal which still allows a tiny bit air in and out flow would be advisable. still the whole thing sounds strange unless Eve can re-discribe it in a better way.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #4,179 of 6,404
Hmm I guess I didn't describe it the way I invisioned it to be. I have no problems with the 1P2, it's just the switch to the customs that causes slight nausea. Well anyways, it isn't so bothersome. I just found it interesting, that's all. Lee might be right with the pressure idea. the 1P2 and Kaede are vented. Customs aren't. Perhaps that's causing minor disorientation. 

Think of it this way, to anyone who's experienced motion sickness in the passenger seat before. When you close your eyes, it isn't as bad as it was before. Applying the same concept to IEMs, I was thinking that since a vented design might be more "natural" a switch to a closed/sealed design might cause some disorientation, which would get better over time as the brain adjusts to the new presentation.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #4,180 of 6,404
Just A/B Ed the parterres and jh13s........ Well, to put it simply, I've lost faith in them.... Perhaps it's cos I've gotten used to a bright iem..... I preferred the jh13s cos of the superior clarity but I still felt it needed a brighter and clearer sound sig.... Any idea if 1p2 woyld be brighter and clearer?

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #4,181 of 6,404
Just A/B Ed the parterres and jh13s........ Well, to put it simply, I've lost faith in them.... Perhaps it's cos I've gotten used to a bright iem..... I preferred the jh13s cos of the superior clarity but I still felt it needed a brighter and clearer sound sig.... Any idea if 1p2 woyld be brighter and clearer?

Thanks for your comments, but, being a NON Fluent English speaking personn ... I am not sure that I perfectly understand which one you prefer : The JH13 or the 1P2 ?  And can you elaborate the differences between the 2 IEMs please ?

thanks a lot

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #4,183 of 6,404

Try to demo the UERM.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #4,184 of 6,404
Thanks guys but.... I don't think Singapore has a uerm...... Just to clarify, @bmichels, I haven't heard the 1p2 yet. I was saying I prefer the jh13 over the parterre but want more clarity ( please note that the jh13 was not freqphase version ) and wanted to know if the 1p2 has same sound but clearer. Sorry if it is too complicated :wink: but I think that's just how I write and think and live haha, in a very messy way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back