Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #2,746 of 6,404
Quote:
Isn't self-deception what audio is all about though?
wink.gif

Of course, but isn't that what the FAD thread is for? 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
And here I thought all Austrians were stone-faced?!?
biggrin.gif

Too many Schwarzenegger movies... 
wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice impressions James. I do agree with you on some aspects but not so on others.

Thanks, and no surprise here.

Quote:
having this ABed with the Miracle... The 1plus2 is a little bit more transparent and natural on the vocals.

I believe the Miracles are actually more transparent as far as frequency response is concerned, but their overly lush & liquid twin-driver BA mids don't sound exactly natural in my book and surely aren't everyone's cup of tea. 

Quote:
@James444, great review, hope you enjoyed them. curious why you decided against driving to AKG to show them 1+2?
wink.gif

Thanks, I definitely had a great time with the 1plus2!

Actually, I don't know anyone at AKG headquarters, even though it's only a 10 minutes drive from where I live. Moreover, I'm still mad at them for having forced me to import my K3003 from Singapore, just because they wouldn't offer the non-remote version in Europe back then. The guy from Stereo in Singapore had a good laugh when I told him I was Austrian. 
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,747 of 6,404
Quote:

Actually, I don't know anyone at AKG headquarters, even though it's only a 10 minutes drive from where I live. Moreover, I'm still mad at them for having forced me to import my K3003 from Singapore, just because they wouldn't offer the non-remote version in Europe back then. The guy from Stereo in Singapore had a good laugh when I told him I was Austrian. 
wink.gif

So James you have the K3003...i...international edition!

Cheers

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #2,748 of 6,404
Very interesting impressions James, thank you for posting them.

I awoke this morning to find an email from Gavin with a tracking number, I expect I'll have mine early next week. :)

Jun 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #2,753 of 6,404
Quote:
kudos to cravenz. i got to listen to this wonderful artpiece.

get to experience what was describe here.
this thing is really good. heads up for gavin.

Most welcome mate. 

Pity the fit wasn't good for you. But if you like it, I hope there is a way around it. Alternatively, I hope you find something even better :)

On a side note, will you be coming for this year's meet?

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,754 of 6,404
Most welcome mate. 

Pity the fit wasn't good for you. But if you like it, I hope there is a way around it. Alternatively, I hope you find something even better :)

On a side note, will you be coming for this year's meet?

the fitting was ok, but i can't move much. the fit will loosen. haha.
at least better fitting than the 'russian brand' hybrid i tried back at taiwan.

i will go tentatively, waiting for the date/time confirmation. i am reading the sg meet thread. but i have nothing much to share. my stuff pales in comparison to others.
so i will provide some tidbits and drinks instead. :)

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #2,755 of 6,404
Quote:
the fitting was ok, but i can't move much. the fit will loosen. haha.
at least better fitting than the 'russian brand' hybrid i tried back at taiwan.

i will go tentatively, waiting for the date/time confirmation. i am reading the sg meet thread. but i have nothing much to share. my stuff pales in comparison to others.
so i will provide some tidbits and drinks instead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Heh. Well, that was the way it was for me with the Heir and ortofon tips. The ortofon tips work for me now though. So I'm just happy it has worked out. Initially, I had issues getting a seal, now it is fine.

Re: Singapore Meet, date is likely to be 7 September now and that's in my signature. As I mentioned before in the thread, you don't have to have something to come along. Like we did the other day, I think I'll be spending most of my time talking with others anyhow. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,756 of 6,404
met today James to collect 1+2 and also listened briefly to his AKG K3003, one word amazing. James review is spot on comparing these two, from what i heard this covers 100% accurately sonic attributes of both IEMs. frankly speaking i was not expecting K3003 to sound so good. while i prefer 1+2 for myself i could see (hear) why James likes his K3003 and he is right in saying these two share pretty much in common sound wise so AKG engineers if heard would be amazed. this also shows very well how good 1+2 is sounding in fact if it competes with one of reference type universal IEMs (if i am not mistaken some users consider K3003 indeed reference quality sounding).

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2,757 of 6,404
Quote:
Thanks Music.  Does the adaptor degrade the sound of TP?  Any irregularities that you've observed?

Curiously enough, of the IEMs I tried the adaptor with (K3003, FI-BA-SS, TG334, Piano Forrte IX & 1601SS), it was only the AKGs where I could easily, instantly hear a marked sonic improvement with the adaptor (particularly in the low freqs), where they became much closer to sounding right though still missing a tad of that absolute rightness (read: still sounded slightly better paired with my 4G iPod Touch) — FWIW, the K3003 is the one IEM of those mentioned above that has proved to scale very well with my desktop setup (this came as quite a bit of a surprise to me, TBH).

Bear in mind, too, that my testing lasted no more than 15 mins with each IEM as I'd mostly been using the Senn IE800s with the TP (which paired really well with it) as well as my PF IX (another truly great pairing). The only IEMs where I actually noticed a bit of sonic degrading with the adaptor were the PF IX & 1601SS.

Jun 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #2,758 of 6,404
Quote:

Curiously enough, of the IEMs I tried the adaptor with (K3003, FI-BA-SS, TG334, Piano Forrte IX & 1601SS), it was only the AKGs where I could easily, instantly hear a marked sonic improvement with the adaptor (particularly in the low freqs), where they became much closer to sounding right though still missing a tad of that absolute rightness (read: still sounded slightly better paired with my 4G iPod Touch) — FWIW, the K3003 is the one IEM of those mentioned above that has proved to scale very well with my desktop setup (this came as quite a bit of a surprise to me, TBH).

Bear in mind, too, that my testing lasted no more than 15 mins with each IEM as I'd mostly been using the Senn IE800s with the TP (which paired really well with it) as well as my PF IX (another truly great pairing). The only IEMs where I actually noticed a bit of sonic degrading with the adaptor were the PF IX & 1601SS.

Thanks Music for getting back on this.

Cheers

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #2,759 of 6,404
Quote:
met today James to collect 1+2 and also listened briefly to his AKG K3003, one word amazing. James review is spot on comparing these two, from what i heard this covers 100% accurately sonic attributes of both IEMs. frankly speaking i was not expecting K3003 to sound so good. while i prefer 1+2 for myself i could see (hear) why James likes his K3003 and he is right in saying these two share pretty much in common sound wise so AKG engineers if heard would be amazed. this also shows very well how good 1+2 is sounding in fact if it competes with one of reference type universal IEMs (if i am not mistaken some users consider K3003 indeed reference quality sounding).

Thanks for the nice meet and confirmation that my ears are still in working order, even after too much exposure to Final Audio IEMs. 
wink.gif

Also, it was interesting to hear how your T1 amp paired well with the RWAK100 and improved the RDB+ v1 quite noticeably, though the result still fell slightly short of the 1plus2's level of sound quality. 

Quote:
Thanks Music.  Does the adaptor degrade the sound of TP?  Any irregularities that you've observed?

A serial resistor adapter like this adds output impedance to the source, and its effect will depend on the earphone's impedance characteristics.

For phones with linear impedance across the frequency range, it will attenuate the overall volume, but leave the sound signature unchanged.

For phones with non-linear impedance characteristics, the resulting attenuation will be different at different frequencies and you have to look at the impedance graph to predict the outcome. Rin's blog has impedance measurements of many IEMs including the K3003 (see first graph), and he does a great job predicting and measuring the outcome of various tweaks (see "Damping AKG K3003 electrically" for the effect of added output impedance).

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #2,760 of 6,404
James, thanks to you as well. as for v1 ah, yeah... well that's right... v1, yes, that setup improved v1 sound but i think you are too polite to me saying that v1 fell only slightly short... for me 1+2 is still better (more analogue and more balanced across the spectrum) sounding and this explains why i take 1+2 despite i enjoyed v1 a lot and since they are two different IEMs (here it pains me how some people found them similar sounding) i can even happily see them both staying... but money might be worth spending somewhere else so most likely my v1 will go on sale. i will be missing them but as i told you i cannot justify spending as much to stuck piles of gear and most likely i will not listen to all my IEMs many of which are now sleeping in boxes despite being fairly good IEMs for the price. so i had to make my choice and i found 1+2 giving me the sense of full three way loudspeaker while v1 remaining a very good 2-way. that being told you could hear yourself why i believe v1 is still very nice sounding IEMs and can satisfy many people, while it is difficult to run 1:1 comparison because with IEMs like with loudspeakers, different sounding and different tuning... take PMC7, Guru60 and my SF Cremona M fs... every is great and expensive speaker, but they are so different sounding ... i repeat they sooooo different sounding that you would have very hard time to compare them and it will depend very much what sources you use. i believe while not entirely but this is also valid for some IEMs where 1:1 comparisons would be not correct way to look and hear things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back