Trading non-hifi gear for HiFi gear - where/how is best?
May 24, 2020 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PsilocybinCube

100+ Head-Fier
I have taken the deep dark plunge into the world of high fidelity audio and it is consuming me. As such, I have other gear from other hobbies that could find another home.

Specifically, I have a few too many GPUs from my PC building days that could be better out to use elsewhere.

I have (2) EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 cards (like matching tubes :), an Aurous 1080 gaming box eGPU, and an MSI GTX 1080 that I'm looking to trade for some of my needs, specifically, I need another DAC and another balanced amp.

Is there a good forum or place where audio gear and other tech gadgets trade for one another (a place that isn't Craigslist)?

If anyone here is interested in a new GPU and has an interesting proposition, hit me up!

May 25, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm not big into computers/gaming but maybe check out Reddit? I know they have a decent headphones buy/sell subreddit. Likely they will have the same for gaming components.

May 25, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm not big into computers/gaming but maybe check out Reddit? I know they have a decent headphones buy/sell subreddit. Likely they will have the same for gaming components.
They do have a good exchange for computer parts, but I'm looking to trade computer parts for HiFi gear....which is somewhat more specific I suppose.

May 25, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 8
They do have a good exchange for computer parts, but I'm looking to trade computer parts for HiFi gear....which is somewhat more specific I suppose.

Right. I don't think theres really a dedicated platform for that as HiFi is pretty niche (at least more niche than computer and gaming).

Best best is to sell your computer gear and use those funds for headphones. Should be relatively easy to sell seeing you have some decent stuff.

May 30, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #5 of 8
You could offer the equipment here for trade. I traded a drone for a DAC here a couple years ago. I just put it out a post saying ”would like to trade drone for DAC” And it worked for me.

May 30, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 8
You could offer the equipment here for trade. I traded a drone for a DAC here a couple years ago. I just put it out a post saying ”would like to trade drone for DAC” And it worked for me.
I will do that. I am relatively new to this forum and didn't know if they were crazy strict on posts like some of the mods on avexchange are in reddit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back