Traded: Recabled K701 with Kimber Kable
Jun 24, 2008 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

Traded for D2000 for the office, thanks!

I'm cutting the collection a little and the K701 will be going next.

The K701 are recabled using 6ft of Kimber Kable TCSS-QD, custom order from Kimber Kable, sounds much better than Cardas and most cables I've ever tried. They sound absolutely fantastic and I really love how they are but I just need to cut down on how many headphones I have. They will come with full packaging and headphone stand cut to support dual-entry. Terminated in Yarbo 1/4", the best 1/4" connector I've ever found (expensive but totally worth it). They now sound much mellower than stock that I found harsh and bright but retained all of their detail and the AKG character. When I got the headphones they were recabled using another wire and have a few cosmetic scratches because of it; it's not blatantly obvious, but if you look at it, you can see it clearly enough. It's only cosmetic and does not change how they sound one bit.

These are ONLY $300 including PayPal fees and Priority shipping. Considering the price of this cable (more expensive than Cardas) and the exquisite connector used, I'm not making anything on the recable job at all!

Photos:

Details of scratches during previous recable.

Thanks for looking!

Trades I will consider are:
1) Xin Reference
2) Denon D2000 + Cash
3) Grado RS-1 (Cash on my end)

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 3

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
You know you want it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread