Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #5,011 of 10,312
Bro, no offense. Fewer dots would help reading your posts.

But you're right in what you say. The Hifiman go well with copper cables. I would never use copper on the Audeze, unless the downstream system is out of whack in relation to reference.

No offense taken my friend..i think i do that because while thinking it i write it down the same way..my apologies.. And dont forget..english is just my 4th language..so am sorry if my gramatics are a bit silly also :xf_eek:

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #5,012 of 10,312
No offense taken my friend..i think i do that because while thinking it i write it down the same way..my apologies.. And dont forget..english is just my 4th language..so am sorry if my gramatics are a bit silly also
redface.gif

No worries, it's not my first language either. More like the 3rd. :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #5,013 of 10,312

No offense taken my friend..i think i do that because while thinking it i write it down the same way..my apologies.. And dont forget..english is just my 4th language..so am sorry if my gramatics are a bit silly also
redface.gif

No worries, it's not my first language either. More like the 3rd. :)

Ha! It's my first (and only) and I still trip over it....
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #5,014 of 10,312
  Specifically relating to Toxic Cables, Silver does not mean brighter.

Frank's small % of gold tames to brightness and sibilance that silver cables get knocked for. Compared to the stock cables, there is a more solid and controlled bass response. Mid's and high's are sharper. With the HD800's this is a good thing since the soundstage is so spacious. A bit more focus can be a good thing.

+1.  I am now using SW with my HD800.  I had posted my review sometime ago on the comparison of SW with Scorpion.  Both serve HD800 well but SW gives better space and clarity.  Don't worry Frank's SW is not bright.

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #5,020 of 10,312
  This question might have been asked before, so my apologies if it has.

Are you able to provide the connectors for the Alpha Dogs on your cables?

Are those the Hirose connectors? If they are available to purchase, i can order them in.
  Oh, I have checked Frank's signature again.  It was there in the past but Frank has removed it somehow 
confused.gif
 .  My 6 ft SW for HD800 costed me more than £200 about 6 months ago but the cost might have gone up now 
redface.gif

Prices are still showing on my profile,

Silver Widow litz 25.5AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) The only OCC Silver/Gold Litz cable on the market.

Starting at £240 for 6ft and £265 for 8ft.  add £20 for HD800 cables.

Sorry not been replying to emails and PM's recently, i have a really bad cold, so this has slowed things down a little here, so i am having to use all the energy i have to make cables, so to make sure that delayed orders are sent out in the time i gave earlier in the thread.  I will reply to everyone in the next day or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back