Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 3, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #9,302 of 10,312
Much better mate, thank you.

Going back to work tomorrow, although still do some from home now.

Ya man! Gotta take care of your health, my Friend!

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #9,303 of 10,312

Guys, My Hydra 22 (2 pin IEM) just arrived and it's seriously the best cable I've ever had. It's bright yet very very smooth. Really no regrets getting this. 

Thanks Frank for everything and get well soon! :)

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #9,304 of 10,312
The Silver Poison wire came earlier this week, and tonight I finished her up. It's lovely stuff. Very easy to work with.

Compared to OCC copper, this is certainly brighter, with better treble definition, bringing out the LCD-2's details more. My tastes run towards a warmer signature, so this sounded funny to me ears at first. But it's growing on me. :cool:

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #9,305 of 10,312
Gone completely mad and ordered Silver Widow 22 cable and also black AK380 + Amp.

As I said, I've gone mad.

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #9,306 of 10,312
  Gone completely mad and ordered Silver Widow 22 cable and also black AK380 + Amp.

As I said, I've gone mad.

You sound just perfectly rational and sane to me  
wink_face.gif

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #9,307 of 10,312
Nov 6, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #9,308 of 10,312
Any suggestions for a balanced to match with k10's? Will be purchasing onkyo dpx1 soon and want to already have a balanced cable lined up.

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #9,309 of 10,312
Any suggestions for a balanced to match with k10's? Will be purchasing onkyo dpx1 soon and want to already have a balanced cable lined up.

I have tried Silver Widow 22, Hydra 18 IEM and have a Hydra 22 on the way. For traveling I personally would go for Hydra 22 as it should have the same audio qualities as the Hydra 18 IEM (almost the same thickness of metal per channel) but it should have the flexibility of the Silver Widow 22 (I find the Hydra 18 IEM a bit too springy for portable use).

I found the Hydra picked out the treble and soundstage better but didn't effect the bass much which considering the K10s already lifted bass is a perfect combination. Hope that helps.

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #9,310 of 10,312
I have tried Silver Widow 22, Hydra 18 IEM and have a Hydra 22 on the way. For traveling I personally would go for Hydra 22 as it should have the same audio qualities as the Hydra 18 IEM (almost the same thickness of metal per channel) but it should have the flexibility of the Silver Widow 22 (I find the Hydra 18 IEM a bit too springy for portable use).

I found the Hydra picked out the treble and soundstage better but didn't effect the bass much which considering the K10s already lifted bass is a perfect combination. Hope that helps.

Thanks Rowethren......Great to know what the Hydra brings to the mix. 

So if you happy wich ya bass, but  looking for that extra sparkle that can be wrung out of  perhaps warmer sounding cans? Then Hydra seems the way to go.
I wonder what the difference is with the Silver Poison? Though I do believe it could have been Frank himself that mentioned something about this somewhere on this Thread.
I also remember something about it being quite a process to get what Frank finally settled on.
I think the Hydra would be the Perfect Match to my Sine...

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #9,312 of 10,312
  I'm a little worried that Frank is struggling- I ordered a cable on the 4th of August, and so far, no sign of it. Without wishing to read too much into what be a freak incident, is he OK?

​I'm pretty sure he's ok, but they do get very busy and a little backlogged at times. Your order has been over 12 weeks now, so I'm sure it can't be far away
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #9,314 of 10,312
As I've discovered myself, these sorts of timescales are pretty normal for such small enterprises - i.e. typically one man with a bit of help from wife etc.
The other cable company that I've been interested in (but not yet bought from) is DHC. I understand their typical turnaround time is around 6 months. 

I received my Silver Poisons (for Sen HD600) a couple of weeks ago, after what seemed an age.
The short answer was it was worth it. The longer impressions to follow when I have a bit more time.

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #9,315 of 10,312
He was ill and unable to work for a couple of weeks so I think he is a bit behind at the moment but working to get back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back