Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 8, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #8,836 of 10,312
  Finally received those awesome cables from Frank, now I almost have all cables from Toxic.

Silver widow 22/24, Black widow, Virus, Gold poison, and Crystal Piccolino.

My favorite is Crystal Piccolino :)

Thanks Frank, I don't know which cable left I should get from you? haha

https://www.flickr.com/photos/93828100@N00/albums/72157670697190076

Whoa...cable heaven!!!

Hmmm, I have a Crystal Piccolino interconnect (love it!)
That CP cable must have costed you a small fortune 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #8,838 of 10,312
  Indeed, the cable was 385 GBP :)
I really love it.

Now, £385 (although it's still a lot of money) ain't that bad imo...I expected it to be more expensive, considering my CP mini interconnect (which I picked up in the HF classifieds) officially costed around $300 new....and that's only a very short ic
blink.gif

I might need an extra silver or silver/gold cable (have to do some cable matching first) for a ciem I ordered 2½ weeks ago.
Maybe I order that CP cable (or a SW 22/24) later on...don't see the CP one on the new website though

Any (CP) impressions on signature and ergonomics would be nice/welcome
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #8,839 of 10,312
SW24 mini-review from an absolute amateur who knows nothing about anything! Nor do I claim to! lol.

ZX2 / SW24 balanced / Shure SE425 - DSD files from Bluecoast music, FLAC and AIFF from HDTracks, Qobuz Sublime streaming.

34 hours in.............
I could tell the difference the balanced cable made from the minute I plugged it in. I do not know the correct terminology but the sound was more detailed with me hearing instruments clearer than previously. I cannot state how much difference the actual cable materials have made as I went straight for the best I could afford on this and have no way of comparing it with anything else.
It was a Holy ****** night last night! It sounds absolutely incredible. Madonna with the live audience is just unreal. After repeatedly replaying '4 minutes', 'Like a Prayer 2008' and 'Vogue' I went for a change of pace and played some HDTracks Binaural+ albums, Noah Wall - Down Home Blues and Wycliffe Gordon - Dreams of New Orleans then I wrapped up with one of the best albums I will ever hear in terms of how good these singers are, Chesky Records - The Worlds Greatest Audiophile Recordings. I cannot stress how good balanced is with a good cable through the ZX2 playing stuff like this.
Just think though, I have another 'dimension' still to hear when I get some TOTL CIEMS! lol.
Noah's voice is stunning, nuff said.
Wycliffe's instrument playing is sublime.
Then what can I say about Livingston Taylor singing 'Isn't She Lovely'? OMG, seriously? My ears are being treated to an audio dessert of banoffee proportions! 
Rebecca Pidgeon - 'Spanish Harlem', WHAT? How the ****** does she sing like that? Aural heaven. Comparable to an oozing treacle sponge being slowly eaten whilst treasuring every little piece of it and the custard that is Rebecca's tone!

EDIT - Just to add, I find there is virtually zero microphonic with this cable which is a bonus. The standard Shure cable used to do my head in. Every move I could hear. lol.
Secondly, I prefer the cable behind my head 'properly' held up with the little collar or the cable around my ear gets annoying to me. I used to wear the cable around the front of me a lot whilst I just sit here however I find that annoying as the cable moves too much and bugs me at my ears.

Went to bed at 3am. Done, ears and brain stunned by what they have been listening to. :)
My wife is like, its only music! Oh my Dearest Wife, if only you knew.......................

Jul 10, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #8,840 of 10,312
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread - followed a link from the Chord Dave thread. I've ploughed through the last nine months of posts and fully accept that Toxic Cables are very well thought of. However, given the reputation they appear to have, I am surprised not to see any impressions of these cables with more flagship headphones. Yes, I've seen many comments on how well they work with the HD800 (I have these, and the HD600) but I would welcome hearing from anyone who has used them with the HIFIMAN HE1000 or Audeze LCD-4 (both of which I have, with stock SE cables), or with the Abyss? And has anyone used them with the Chord Dave. Thanks in advance for any additional impressions.

Jul 10, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #8,841 of 10,312
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread - followed a link from the Chord Dave thread. I've ploughed through the last nine months of posts and fully accept that Toxic Cables are very well thought of. However, given the reputation they appear to have, I am surprised not to see any impressions of these cables with more flagship headphones. Yes, I've seen many comments on how well they work with the HD800 (I have these, and the HD600) but I would welcome hearing from anyone who has used them with the HIFIMAN HE1000 or Audeze LCD-4 (both of which I have, with stock SE cables), or with the Abyss? And has anyone used them with the Chord Dave. Thanks in advance for any additional impressions.

I have the Silver Widow SW22's with my LCD-X's and they are terrific. A solid upgrade from stock with a more defined bass and clearer high's. I have the Balanced version with my Simaudio Moon 430HA and am currently using a PS Audio Directstream Jr for a DAC. Awesome combo.

Jul 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #8,842 of 10,312
Hi all,

I would like to share the cables I purchase from Frank, in the beginning I brought a second hand SW25.5 for my Fitear TO334, after that I fall in love with those toxic cable and poisoned.

First cable SW25.5

SW24, that time I upgrade my CIEM to VisionEars 6 X1, and player to Lotoo PAW GOLD

Virus 24

Gold poison => super soft and nice looking cable

Crystal piccolino

Black widow

SW22 !!!!!

Actually, both cables sounds different, I like SW22, CP, BW and GP.
So what is the next ? Ask Frank to develope new cable, maybe the 8 wire GP. :) :)

Thanks

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #8,843 of 10,312
Hi all,

I would like to share the cables I purchase from Frank, in the beginning I brought a second hand SW25.5 for my Fitear TO334, after that I fall in love with those toxic cable and poisoned.

First cable SW25.5

SW24, that time I upgrade my CIEM to VisionEars 6 X1, and player to Lotoo PAW GOLD

Actually, both cables sounds different, I like SW22, CP, BW and GP.
So what is the next ? Ask Frank to develope new cable, maybe the 8 wire GP. :) :)

Thanks

U never know when he comes up with another new and better sounding cable to stun us..maybe he is already working on one ....mmmmmmmm Frank????? :cool:

On another note..i maybe need a new balanced cable also in the near future..but this time for an iem....as i am lookin into maybe one of the best sounding silicone customs build in its pricerange.... Its a secret for now..but when i have them i report back... :wink: all i can say is this..its a gem not many know about....and you know me..i dont do standard but demand utmost quality, but i dont wanna go all out crazy with my spending..decisions decisions..whahahaha

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #8,844 of 10,312
Someone help me out please! My search skills have deserted me ***. I need to convert my SW24 TRRS into TRS so i can use my cable with my iPhone and Macbook Air. However all i can find is of no use to me and Google is almost laughing at my inane inability to be able to find a simple adaptor! :wink:

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #8,845 of 10,312
  Someone help me out please! My search skills have deserted me ***. I need to convert my SW24 TRRS into TRS so i can use my cable with my iPhone and Macbook Air. However all i can find is of no use to me and Google is almost laughing at my inane inability to be able to find a simple adaptor! :wink:

We do make them, but they are £55, i have emailed you a link to some cheaper alternatives, i am not 100% on if those will work, but you can always return them if not.

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #8,846 of 10,312
Right, that adaptor is the CTIA version as per the picture below.
http://blog.mklec.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/CTIA_standard_vs_OMTP_standard.png
I just need to find the picture for HiFiman TRRS. LOL

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #8,850 of 10,312
Hi friends! Have no experience, help me). 8 wire BW for HD800 can only be used with Balanced Connector or 6.3 mm connector can be used? And one more question, does it make sense to order from Frank cable https://www.toxic-cables.co.uk/product/1ft-black-widow-litz-26awg-occ-cryo-stranded-copper-wire-3/ and make it yourself, and not wait so long. Sorry for machine translation, not perfect English. Thanks for any advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back