Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #8,791 of 10,312
  I emailed Frank or Toxic cables but still no reply.

As I am buying a cable tommorow, I wanted to know which termination type to choose...
Can someone please include a picture of the termination type that toxic cables use. Or can we request a different one that is not included in the options?

Also, can we choose the amount of cable braiding?

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #8,792 of 10,312
I emailed Frank or Toxic cables but still no reply.

As I am buying a cable tommorow, I wanted to know which termination type to choose...
Can someone please include a picture of the termination type that toxic cables use. Or can we request a different one that is not included in the options?

Frank gets pretty busy but usually tries to reply to PM as soon as he can.

What termination were you thinking about using? I'll try and find one and send you a picture. And Frank can usually use whatever termination you want. Even if it's not on the list. You'll just have to wait for him to PM you back to make sure.

As far as the braiding, the whole cable will be braided in the length that you choose.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #8,793 of 10,312

What termination were you thinking about using? I'll try and find one and send you a picture. And Frank can usually use whatever termination you want. Even if it's not on the list. You'll just have to wait for him to PM you back to make sure.

As far as the braiding, the whole cable will be braided in the length that you choose.

Hey,
Thanks for the reply, what termination type do you recommend, my current cable uses a angled oyaide termination which I find too bulky, care to recommend some angled connectors that are more minimilistic? Also, I am not a fan of the wood y-split on the occ copper cable. Can I choose a seperate y-split?

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #8,794 of 10,312

Also, I am stuck between choosing the and the  for my IE 80. Which one do you recommend?

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #8,795 of 10,312
Hey,
Thanks for the reply, what termination type do you recommend, my current cable uses a angled oyaide termination which I find too bulky, care to recommend some angled connectors that are more minimilistic? Also, I am not a fan of the wood y-split on the occ copper cable. Can I choose a seperate y-split?

http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/plugs-and-jacks/35-mm-right-angle-stereo-plug/

Those are some pretty minimalistic right angle 3.5mm. I had an interconnect made by Frank with those and it was perfect for what I needed. Here is the link for my album and you can see it.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1076049/a/866255/vorz-ge-vorzamp-pure-ii-review-and-impressions/

As far as the splitter. Usually on the iem cables it'll usually be heat shrink but you can choose on his website what y splitter you want and he has examples on there as well. The wood ball on the cable is for the cinch.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #8,796 of 10,312
http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/plugs-and-jacks/35-mm-right-angle-stereo-plug/

Those are some pretty minimalistic right angle 3.5mm. I had an interconnect made by Frank with those and it was perfect for what I needed. Here is the link for my album and you can see it.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1076049/a/866255/vorz-ge-vorzamp-pure-ii-review-and-impressions/

As far as the splitter. Usually on the iem cables it'll usually be heat shrink but you can choose on his website what y splitter you want and he has examples on there as well. The wood ball on the cable is for the cinch.

Thanks, 
I see you have the IE 80 as well, which cable do you think will be best? How does the silver cable math with the IE 80? Sorry not the y-splitter but the wooden ball thing. Are there options to change the wood ball thing? Also how did you choose your termination option as it does not let you choose it when check out...

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #8,798 of 10,312
Thanks,

Which cable do you prefer? The silver or copper or the one with both for the IE 80... Is there an option to change the wooden ball thing to maybe a metal ring on the silver wire?

I went with the silver poison for my IE80. To me they were a little bass heavy so the silver tamed that down a little bit.

I'm sure Frank could accommodate with whatever cinch you wanted. Not sure though so you will have to wait to see what Frank says.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #8,799 of 10,312
I went with the silver poison for my IE80. To me they were a little bass heavy so the silver tamed that down a little bit.

I'm sure Frank could accommodate with whatever cinch you wanted. Not sure though so you will have to wait to see what Frank says.

Thanks,
How long did it take for your cable to come? Everyone says it takes months...

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #8,800 of 10,312
  Thanks,
How long did it take for your cable to come? Everyone says it takes months...

Not a problem. When I first ordered it took about 6 months and was well worth the wait. Frank has since hired more help and has cut the turnaround times dramatically. I ordered a cable yesterday and it'll be about 6-8 weeks turnaround time. But trust me, they are well worth the wait. Just ask anyone on this thread.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #8,801 of 10,312

Not a problem. When I first ordered it took about 6 months and was well worth the wait. Frank has since hired more help and has cut the turnaround times dramatically. I ordered a cable yesterday and it'll be about 6-8 weeks turnaround time. But trust me, they are well worth the wait. Just ask anyone on this thread.

Ahh thx, but I'll have to wait till Frank replies to my message before I can buy the cable.

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #8,803 of 10,312
Any advice on SP and BW22 on LCD-2F.
Will SP reduce the bass and take away some of the lush midrange of LCD-2F?
Thanks.

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #8,805 of 10,312
Hi all,

Two weeks ago, I have a comparison with those famous gold plate silver CIEM cables, does anyone want to know results and how they sounds?
exciting and those are CIEM paradise.

1.Effect audio Leonidas

2.Whiplash Twau

3.Toxic gold silver poison

4. OC studio Au+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back