Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 20, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #8,731 of 10,312
I have the Sennheiser HD650 but my DAC can be bright in the upper-mids with digital so I want to avoid digital glare in vocals but also keep the bass from going too soft.

Which Toxic cable should I try? (I use a balanced 4-pin XLR cable.)

For some reason, the Moon Blue and Silver Dragon had too much glare in vocals so I went back to the stock Sennheiser CH650 cable (this is balanced),

but I would like a better bass (more transparent and controlled, maybe deeper if possible). Cardas also sounds glare-prone to me.

(I have tried an APureSound cable that I liked a lot, but these are not available anymore. If anyone is familiar with these old APS cables, are any Toxic cables similar?)

Thanks.

I've never heard an APS cable but if you want a combination of a cable which tames brightness and good bass, the BW would be good. Normally, if someone wants a tighter bass, I would suggest a silver based cable like the SW. But at the same time you are concerned about brightness...

Well, either the BW or the SW 22 then. The SW 22 has the advantages of silver in tightening up the bass while still having rich mids and smooth trebles. :)

May 21, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #8,733 of 10,312
  OK, thanks. One other question. The order form offers a maximum 8-foot length. Is a 10-foot length available? Thanks again.

Frank'll craft any length you want.  Just send him a PM and he'll work it out.  You won't be disappointed with SW22 IMO...I've used it with all my headphones prior to selling them recently and all it's done is tighten up the sound signatures.  Never exaggerated any glare/treble.  Enjoy.

May 21, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #8,735 of 10,312
Ive asked Frank for the address so I can send him my black widow cable to get it fixed, but havent heard from him in a week even after a reminder message. Is this how conversation usually goes with him or is my case special? I understand hes busy and only one working on this etc, but you would think he would specially tend to people having issues with his cable much faster.

May 21, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #8,737 of 10,312
Hey! Look what arrived in the post today! My new Silver Widow SW22's for my Audeze LCD-X's.  I know what I am doing the rest of the day! Thanks Frank!

May 21, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #8,739 of 10,312
  Hi ,
Can any one please let me know for senn HD800S, which cable type(black window/silver window...ect) most suitable?

The Silver Widow SW22 is my personal favorite. Others may offer their opinion. YMMV.

beerchug.gif

May 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #8,741 of 10,312
The Silver Widow SW22 is my personal favorite. Others may offer their opinion. YMMV.

:beerchug:

@sharon .... I agree with my buddy..BUT..u also have to look at the rest of ur rig..if it tends to treble heavy, then a copper venom or BW22 could be better choice..but in normal cases you wont go wrong with the new sw22.. If you can..go balanced..it improves the sound...more powerful sound without overdoing it...

May 21, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #8,742 of 10,312

beerchug.gif

@sharon .... I agree with my buddy..BUT..u also have to look at the rest of ur rig..if it tends to treble heavy, then a copper venom or BW22 could be better choice..but in normal cases you wont go wrong with the new sw22.. If you can..go balanced..it improves the sound...more powerful sound without overdoing it...

No question the whole chain matters. I am single ended with the HD800's and Balanced with the LCD-X's.

May 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #8,743 of 10,312

beerchug.gif

How are you liking it with your LCD-Xs?  I have one on my LCD-2s.

May 21, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #8,744 of 10,312
The first 2 hours have been wonderful...
tongue.gif

May 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #8,745 of 10,312
Frank can check your email? from: Ben

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back