Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 20, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #8,671 of 10,312
which cable wuld be a good (and not so expensive) option for someone who wants to beef up the mids in his kinda v-shaped CIEM ?

i have all the bass/highs i need , all i need is some mids boost 

thanx 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #8,672 of 10,312
which cable wuld be a good (and not so expensive) option for someone who wants to beef up the mids in his kinda v-shaped CIEM ?

i have all the bass/highs i need , all i need is some mids boost 

thanx :D

Simple: BW :)

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #8,673 of 10,312
Apr 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #8,674 of 10,312
Simple: BW :)
even simpler: copper venom rc4 :wink: it has the most organic mids and thunderous bass i ever heard from a cable..but i agree..a bit to big for an iem

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #8,675 of 10,312
Apr 20, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #8,676 of 10,312
SW24 is perfect for all IEMs IMO if you're on the go....but if you're just taking your IEMs to sitdown places with space.....SW22 is the ultimate cable (they are great with my translucents 1plus2/Ref Too, K10, and Fitears).  Just so resolute and tight....aesthetically just beautiful.  

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #8,677 of 10,312
  SW24 is perfect for all IEMs IMO if you're on the go....but if you're just taking your IEMs to sitdown places with space.....SW22 is the ultimate cable (they are great with my translucents 1plus2/Ref Too, K10, and Fitears).  Just so resolute and tight....aesthetically just beautiful.  

how does it affect lows/mids/highs ?

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #8,678 of 10,312

Pictures time 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #8,679 of 10,312

how does it affect lows/mids/highs ?

I am not going to sit here and lie through my teeth and tell you every cable I've purchased from Frank has made the heavens sing to me and gave me an out of body experience.  To be honest, I never fully accepted cables make a real difference until I listened to my HD800 with the Copper Venom RC-8 from Frank and understood that cables can and do matter to an extent.  Back to the SW24/22's with my equipment, I don't think it makes enough difference to change the overall tonal/signature of the IEMs/Headphones chained with your source/amplification to clearly discern, but I feel that it certainly accentuates the sound and makes these signatures more pronounced.  I guess what I'm trying to say is it increases clarity and tightens up the sound of your equipment.  This has been my experience.

Pictures time 
biggrin.gif

Yes....in due time for sure, I have so many cables from Frank it'd be difficult to take pics of all of it but I promise when my rack's complete (when the BHSE finally lands), I will take some pictures of my head fi station to share.  Thanks for the interest.  
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #8,680 of 10,312
link/ price ?

and maybe some more info ?

(thanx for the answer, ofc :D  )

There was a link to Frank's remodeled website a few pages back. :)

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #8,681 of 10,312

We all tend to think of Frank as the cable master but he also makes fantastic adapters. This one which I just received yesterday is one such example: it's a 2.5 balanced to 3.5 SE so I can have my cables fitted with 2.5mm balanced plug for the AK DAPs as well as the Lotoo Paw 5000. But at the same time, with this adapter, I can use the same cable with other DAPs like the Lotoo Paw Gold.

Frank has done adapters for me previously. This one arose out of discussions on how to make one which would give me a purer signal from source. So, Frank did this one with no wire in between and he finished it loviingly by hand with epoxy.

The sonic result: excellent! My concern was to cut out as much signal loss as possible. It works! The result is a discernible transparency and signal purity. I am very pleased! :)

Big thanks, Frank! You did it again!

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #8,682 of 10,312
One of the questions that crop up now and then on this thread is the recommendations for HD800, the wonderful yet difficult to please can. Well, normally I would suggest BW and other copper based cables.

I just wanted to share another possibility: the SW22. I had one of the first SW22 cables that Frank sent out as part of its introductory tour. Well, it never made it back to Frank. :wink: Mine comes with mini XLR Connectors and 4 pin XLR balanced plug. It then occured to me last night, when I was taking the HD800 for a listen, that Frank has made up a mini XLR to HD800 adapter. So I set up the SW22 for the HD800.

Well, it was instantly impressive: the HD800 has increased dynamism and speed and the soundstage is now truly 3D with excellent depth. The vocals are now also more engaging. Very enjoyable.

Just wanted to share this combo which may not instantly come to mind. :)

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #8,683 of 10,312
One of the questions that crop up now and then on this thread is the recommendations for HD800, the wonderful yet difficult to please can. Well, normally I would suggest BW and other copper based cables.

I just wanted to share another possibility: the SW22. I had one of the first SW22 cables that Frank sent out as part of its introductory tour. Well, it never made it back to Frank.
wink.gif
Mine comes with mini XLR Connectors and 4 pin XLR balanced plug. It then occured to me last night, when I was taking the HD800 for a listen, that Frank has made up a mini XLR to HD800 adapter. So I set up the SW22 for the HD800.

Well, it was instantly impressive: the HD800 has increased dynamism and speed and the soundstage is now truly 3D with excellent depth. The vocals are now also more engaging. Very enjoyable.

Just wanted to share this combo which may not instantly come to mind.
smily_headphones1.gif

The SW22 is a great pairing with the HD800's. 

May 1, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #8,685 of 10,312
No idea. I think the HD800S' will be coming in for review this summer though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back