Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #8,660 of 10,312
Do you think i should get toxic cable or norne cable? :D
Norne do have a 30 day return policy

Toxic cables have me interested but a return policy for me is important having never heard these before

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #8,661 of 10,312
Norne do have a 30 day return policy

Toxic cables have me interested but a return policy for me is important having never heard these before

Not sure if toxic cables does. Hence its best to have a listen first.

Apr 19, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #8,663 of 10,312
Apr 20, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #8,664 of 10,312
I have never heard Norne cables....All I know is the Toxic cables I have tried I have been happy with them. I have had SP, SW, Virus, & SW22. I currently have the SW22 paired with my Tralucent 1plus2.
Dont forget there is burn in time on any cable also....I know some out there might not agree but for me its a must....

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #8,665 of 10,312
I have never heard Norne cables....All I know is the Toxic cables I have tried I have been happy with them. I have had SP, SW, Virus, & SW22. I currently have the SW22 paired with my Tralucent 1plus2.
Dont forget there is burn in time on any cable also....I know some out there might not agree but for me its a must....

Do you think you've achieved that sound you heard years ago on the 1Plus2 tour with your new cable?

I will be comparing my Toxic Cable SW with Tralucent silver/gold soon to see if the Tralucent cable is more suited for its intended IEM.(Ref.1)

Should be interesting.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #8,666 of 10,312
Hi mate, good to hear from ya...been a while....Um on that question, I am extremely satisfied with the SW22 cable & even though It was quite a while ago that I heard the cable, I know that the SP I had did not cut it, as the 1Plus2 is rather big on the  treble energy. What the SW22 bought in was that bass hit a bigger & Deeper,soundstage was also bigger & don't worry all those details were certainly not lost either, sparkly as ever.
If anything I would say it is probably better than I first heard, although I can never  be 100% sure of that since I don't have a silver/gold cable to do a direct comparison. But ye happy as punch...So thats a good thing.

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #8,667 of 10,312
  Hi mate, good to hear from ya...been a while....Um on that question, I am extremely satisfied with the SW22 cable & even though It was quite a while ago that I heard the cable, I know that the SP I had did not cut it, as the 1Plus2 is rather big on the  treble energy. What the SW22 bought in was that bass hit a bigger & Deeper,soundstage was also bigger & don't worry all those details were certainly not lost either, sparkly as ever.
If anything I would say it is probably better than I first heard, although I can never  be 100% sure of that since I don't have a silver/gold cable to do a direct comparison. But ye happy as punch...So thats a good thing.

Yep, SW matches extremely well (must be a synergy thing) with 1Plus2 indeed.

Concerning what I heard while listening to 1P2
Deepest bass: check!
Very wide (widest I've ever heard) soundstage: check!
Big on treble energy: hmmm, I just don't hear that
blink.gif

But because I've read this multiple times from members that have it, I'm seriously (not joking here!) starting to doubt my own hearing capability in that department
rolleyes.gif

Listening atm with my new AR6 and to my ears it sounds much brighter (more clarity) than the 1P2 (from memory)
Anyway, I'll check it again when I have mine back...

Btw, I don't have the SW22 (I think mine is a 25,5 version). I also have another SG cable (2% gold), which has quite a different (much warmer sounding) signature imo

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #8,669 of 10,312

Glad to hear its working out. It was a long time ago.

I would say my 1Plus2 which is running the Tralucent branded pure silver cable has always reflected very similar sound to the Australian tour.

My Ref.1 and Toxic cable have become quite the pair, I'm so used to their fit, sound and appearance, I have tried some other branded cables that couldn't quite replicate the same tone and atmosphere my SW can. I will try silver/gold Tralucent at the end of the month, we will see which I prefer.

I've just always believed Gavin's earphones would have been tuned around his cables, and that's what I need to find out.

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #8,670 of 10,312
  Hi Kerouac, is your SG cable the reason for the lacking treble? I hear plenty of treble energy on my 1plus2, yes that is a fact. The SW22 is a very good synergy indeed with 1plus2.

Well, I don't think so, as I've tried multiple / different cables (can be found under my profile) on the 1P2. But the treble never stood out for me, although I didn't think it was bad either. But as more 1P2 owners have stated that it has superb treble, I'm sure it must be my own shortcomming for not hearing that. I will try again for sure when I have it returned
rolleyes.gif

Btw, I had my hearing checked about 2 months ago, when I had impressions made for my (first) custom iem. Everything (also hearing high tones) seemed to be fine then...

Edit: and my SW normally is dedicated to the 1P2 because of the great synergy 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back