Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #8,641 of 10,312
I think there's much discussion here and if you do a search within the thread, you will find the answer you seek. But, no, there's no compiled list.

Anyway, for the HE500, I would recommend the BW. Though I use it myself with the Copper Venom as well. For the HE1000, I like it very much with the SW22. :)

I agree with kiats...i had the he500 and used both copper venom and bw both 8wire versions..it gives more punch then the 4wire versions

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #8,642 of 10,312
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #8,643 of 10,312
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #8,644 of 10,312
I agree with kiats...i had the he500 and used both copper venom and bw both 8wire versions..it gives more punch then the 4wire versions

Absolutely, Hifimanrookie! More body and note weight. I've even heard these 2 cables in 8 wire iteration. :)

How are you doing, Paulo?

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #8,645 of 10,312
Absolutely, Hifimanrookie! More body and note weight. I've even heard these 2 cables in 8 wire iteration. :)

How are you doing, Paulo?

Had been superbusy with end of quarter end 1 at work... And now sick..at home..bad virus...am a junky with the meds i need to take :D
Even worse..because of headaches and couchin my ears are closed..so no enjoying music :mad:

But am positive..as always..now i can rest a bit :wink:

How are you doing buddy?

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #8,646 of 10,312
Had been superbusy with end of quarter end 1 at work... And now sick..at home..bad virus...am a junky with the meds i need to take :D
Even worse..because of headaches and couchin my ears are closed..so no enjoying music :mad:

But am positive..as always..now i can rest a bit :wink:

How are you doing buddy?

Oh dear! Yes, You should rest and take care of yourself.

I am good. I have decided to quit my previous job that had me on trips around the region twice a month. Not good for my well-being. So, while the headhunters work to peddle me to the next employer, I am chilling with music.

Did I tell you that Frank made me a pair of Silver Venom balanced ICs with solid silver connectors? Now my tube amp for Stax has pristine pure signal from my DAC. Probably the last piece of the puzzle on the components of the desktop rig.

Now working on making my AK DAPs part of the home setup using AK Connect and my NAS digital music collection. So I can listen to my IEMs with no limitation of the onboard memory at home. :)

Towards this quest, Frank is pondering making the best 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm SE adapter he can for me. So I have options with the same cable for my IEMs. :yum:

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #8,648 of 10,312
Hi all, i'm seeking for my first toxic cable for Noble K10 custom. I want to improve soundstage, air, clarity, focus on treble and mids, reducing a bit bass. My target was Sliver widow 22, is it suitable ?

Moreover, I have already owned a TWau, can anyone compare SW 22 to TWau 4 core? Are they similar as they are both gold plated silver?

It would be appreciated fir any advices or thoughts, thanks!

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #8,649 of 10,312
Hi all, i'm seeking for my first toxic cable for Noble K10 custom. I want to improve soundstage, air, clarity, focus on treble and mids, reducing a bit bass. My target was Sliver widow 22, is it suitable ?

Moreover, I have already owned a TWau, can anyone compare SW 22 to TWau 4 core? Are they similar as they are both gold plated silver?

It would be appreciated fir any advices or thoughts, thanks!

Yes, I think the SW22 will tighten up the bass and not have so much bass bleed. It will be a lot more dynamic and detailed. At the same time, you will have excellent layering if the soundstage. Instrument separation will also improve and be less smeared.

SW22 is not gold plated silver. It's litz silver with some gold.

Hope this helps. Hifimanrookie is another person who has good experiences with the SW22. Actually most of the SW22 owners will happily vouch for it. :)

Apr 17, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #8,650 of 10,312
Yes, I think the SW22 will tighten up the bass and not have so much bass bleed. It will be a lot more dynamic and detailed. At the same time, you will have excellent layering if the soundstage. Instrument separation will also improve and be less smeared.

SW22 is not gold plated silver. It's litz silver with some gold.

Hope this helps. Hifimanrookie is another person who has good experiences with the SW22. Actually most of the SW22 owners will happily vouch for it. :)

Thanks kiats! May I know the different in sounding for Silver gold cable and gold plated silver cable? As my gold plated silver Twau seems to focus on mid and improve details.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #8,652 of 10,312
Thanks kiats! May I know the different in sounding for Silver gold cable and gold plated silver cable? As my gold plated silver Twau seems to focus on mid and improve details.

Well, Gold plated tends to be more midcentric. The details will be from the silver cable. :)

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #8,653 of 10,312
Well, Gold plated tends to be more midcentric. The details will be from the silver cable.
smily_headphones1.gif

I see. So do you think SW22 suitable for noble K10 or you have better suggestion?

Apr 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #8,654 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back