Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #8,056 of 10,312
Hi all, first time to post here.
I have ordered 2 iem cables already after reading the good comments from all you guys and can't wait to receive them.
bigsmile_face.gif

I just need some advice now on my headphone.I found my AKG K712 pro quite harsh in treble region and I actually considered selling it to get another one, but then I thought maybe changing the cable could help? Any suggestions? I heard the interconnecting wire between the L and R part of the headphone is just thin wires and no matter how good the cable I use from the XLR jack to 3.5mm, the result won't be great. Maybe should I send in the headphone for recabling to get the best results?

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #8,057 of 10,312
Here is a pic from today. The new SW22 on my HD800's. Amp is an ALO Audio Studio Six sourced by an Astell & Kern AK120mkII.

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #8,058 of 10,312
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #8,059 of 10,312
Feeling the SW love right now, although mine is different to everyone elses...

Frank told me to keep it under wraps, although - he has mentioned it once on this thread :)

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #8,060 of 10,312
mine is different then anyone elses..mmmmmm where did i hear that before 
biggrin.gif

seriously...arent all his custom cables unique? hope u one day can share a pic of ur special SW22 
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #8,061 of 10,312
mine is different then anyone elses..mmmmmm where did i hear that before :D

seriously...arent all his custom cables unique? hope u one day can share a pic of ur special SW22 :beerchug:
It isn't special to look at (no more so than any other SW at least) - heck, Frank mentioned it a few pages back, so NDA or no NDA (I can delete my own posts if I get into trouble hehe!) - my SW is 24AWG - so, a halfway house between the 25.5 and the 22...

I happily use it out and about every day, doesn't feel overly stiff :D

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #8,063 of 10,312
Lookie, lookie whats on its way since today :wink:
A new toxic familymember! Yummy! :D

Damn, this sleeve really looks like the skin of a real snake! :wink:

Ps. The sleeve isnt nylon. Dont have a clue what it is though..frank only said its his most expensive and exclusive sleeve he ever used ..it better be as this cable is most expensive cable i ever ever ever bought, am broke :D
And frank...u now disapointed me....NO baby of urs in the pic? Or is this cable just to beautiful to be put together with one of ur babies :D

@adammax : pm frank for info...
@duncan : cool..i always love one of a kind stuff :wink:

Edited..new pics in later post :p

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #8,064 of 10,312
Looks good, Paulo! :)

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #8,067 of 10,312
Thanks guys..yeah it looks sexy...and i just checked...tomorrow late in the day it will be delivered at my doorstep..dont have a clue what 'late in the day' means with ups...so i guess i have to be home tomorrow in afternoon...and yeah..then burn in nightmare begins...hehehe am really curious how different this new cable will sound compared to the wonderful 'regular' SW22 i have now.. :wink:

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #8,068 of 10,312
I have sent two emails regarding some changes i might need on my order but so far there was no reply for a week.
i guess that's normal though...but i really need to confirm with him as I have a new addition to my list of earphones and I really want it to be compatible to the cables Frank will be making for me 
Should i just wait for his reply instead of bombarding his mailboxes with my emails?

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #8,069 of 10,312
  I have sent two emails regarding some changes i might need on my order but so far there was no reply for a week.
i guess that's normal though...but i really need to confirm with him as I have a new addition to my list of earphones and I really want it to be compatible to the cables Frank will be making for me 
Should i just wait for his reply instead of bombarding his mailboxes with my emails?

I've never e-mailed him but I tend to have good luck PM'ing him here. Might want to give that a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back