Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 1, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #8,011 of 10,312
Thanks maquire. My CIEMs only need sligh improvement in clarity and they need bigger, more distant soundstage. They have full bodied bass and would prefer not to make it faster but I would also prefer not to make it boomy; small subbas lift would be appreciated.

Sounds like a job for the Virus. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #8,013 of 10,312
Apr 1, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #8,014 of 10,312
OK Team Toxic...Recommendations for the LCD-X and the MrSpeakers Alpha Primes....

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #8,015 of 10,312
I'm a Virus freak so I am gonna say Virus. I actually have both those headphones. The Primes are running on Virus and sound great. The LCD-X is actually running Norne Arcane (which is a hybrid like Virus) and it sounds great. 

Apr 1, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #8,018 of 10,312
Apr 1, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #8,019 of 10,312
Maybe. They were terrific.

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #8,020 of 10,312

congrats on the new cables.
Can you tell me how long your playing them.
And what are the biggest changes?
and could also do impression of them .
thanks
i also have the lcd.x and the vio hpa281

I will answer these questions as soon as I can get a review done. I'm finishing a headphone shootout on some mass consumer products then I need to finish a review of the V281 with a bunch of high end headphones.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #8,021 of 10,312

I will answer these questions as soon as I can get a review done. I'm finishing a headphone shootout on some mass consumer products then I need to finish a review of the V281 with a bunch of high end headphones.

looking forward...!
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #8,022 of 10,312
Alright I thought you guys might be a bit on a hypetrain about Toxic cables, you know like everybody supports their own gear. But I just got my Silver Widow (the old one) and I've gotta say this is by far the best cable I've had yet. Everything sounds exactly right. More detail and a widened soundstage without sounding overly bright (or warm), just neutral in a very coherent and mature way. I can understand why everyone is so lyrical :)

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #8,023 of 10,312
Alright I thought you guys might be a bit on a hypetrain about Toxic cables, you know like everybody supports their own gear. But I just got my Silver Widow (the old one) and I've gotta say this is by far the best cable I've had yet. Everything sounds exactly right. More detail and a widened soundstage without sounding overly bright (or warm), just neutral in a very coherent and mature way. I can understand why everyone is so lyrical :)
hehehe wat zijn wij nederlanders toch wantrouwig..hehe..maar ik had hetzelfde idee ooit...en ben nooit meer weggegaan..wacht nu op een hele speciale SW22 (nieuwe versie), speciaal voor mij gemaakt...frank maakt echt goede kabals...oops..i just had my dutch cap on..well..that happens when u meet a fellow amsterdammer here on headfi..lolz
have fun with ur sw 25.5 my fellow toxicanian:)

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #8,024 of 10,312
hehehe wat zijn wij nederlanders toch wantrouwig..hehe..maar ik had hetzelfde idee ooit...en ben nooit meer weggegaan..wacht nu op een hele speciale SW22 (nieuwe versie), speciaal voor mij gemaakt...frank maakt echt goede kabals...oops..i just had my dutch cap on..well..that happens when u meet a fellow amsterdammer here on headfi..lolz
have fun with ur sw 25.5 my fellow toxicanian:)

Thanks mate 
smily_headphones1.gif
 And it's a beautiful day in Amsterdam! Man I can't even imagine how the SW22 might sound.. It's good to have dreams left for future projects

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #8,025 of 10,312
Thanks mate :)  And it's a beautiful day in Amsterdam! Man I can't even imagine how the SW22 might sound.. It's good to have dreams left for future projects

Yeahnits super sunny..even now..i went shopping today without a coat..can u imagine! And friday...20 degrees!! Yeah.

And about the sw..yeah...always nice to dream about future stuff..hehehe but be careful..i started out with a 180gbp cable...and now...well...lets say its a eeny weeny more expensive what i am getting now (check my profile if ur curious what i am waiting for..lolz) so be careful!!! Very careful..and never ever listen to a better toxic cable..as ur hooked then!! Seriously!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back