Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #7,216 of 10,312
My cable is ready..just got the pics..wow..sexy!!! Love the color...RUBY RED if i am not mistaken!! Never saw a sleeve in this color for a VENOM ..i am guessing its new silk sleeving color of frank for a VENOM...And again its a dual mono 3pin XLR configuration..thats becoming my trademark lately :D

So by this..by the power of all toxicans i name u: hifimanrookie special mark II ....welcome to my crazy family. :D

Enjoy the pics guys..and be honest of how u think it looks. I can take it :p

As soon i have him burned in i will do a short comparision between my BW and this new VENOM RC-4 (RC-8).. Will keep u guys updated..cant wait to connect this sexy beast to my headphone and my PaG. :D

Thanks frank...u made my day...ur a true magician cables concerned!

PS..frank check ur mail....

Wow, this is cable p0rn :))

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #7,217 of 10,312

My cable is ready..just got the pics..wow..sexy!!! Love the color...RUBY RED if i am not mistaken!! Never saw a sleeve in this color for a VENOM ..i am guessing its new silk sleeving color of frank for a VENOM...And again its a dual mono 3pin XLR configuration..thats becoming my trademark lately
biggrin.gif

So by this..by the power of all toxicans i name u: hifimanrookie special mark II ....welcome to my crazy family.
biggrin.gif

Enjoy the pics guys..and be honest of how u think it looks. I can take it
tongue.gif

As soon i have him burned in i will do a short comparision between my BW and this new VENOM RC-4 (RC-8).. Will keep u guys updated..cant wait to connect this sexy beast to my headphone and my PaG.
biggrin.gif

WOW! That is one SEXY venom!!! congrats Paulo
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #7,219 of 10,312
My cable is ready..just got the pics..wow..sexy!!! Love the color...RUBY RED if i am not mistaken!! Never saw a sleeve in this color for a VENOM ..i am guessing its new silk sleeving color of frank for a VENOM...And again its a dual mono 3pin XLR configuration..thats becoming my trademark lately :D

So by this..by the power of all toxicans i name u: hifimanrookie special mark II ....welcome to my crazy family. :D

Enjoy the pics guys..and be honest of how u think it looks. I can take it :p

As soon i have him burned in i will do a short comparision between my BW and this new VENOM RC-4 (RC-8).. Will keep u guys updated..cant wait to connect this sexy beast to my headphone and my PaG

Congrats. Very sexy looking cables indeed.
I agree, Frank really outdid himself.
Now be prepared to be intoxicated.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #7,220 of 10,312

Lolz... Ur right..frank really outdid himself :wink:

But this is already my 5th toxic cable, so i have been intoxicated for a long time already..(like a few others..right KIATS? Hehehe) .so am beyond the point of saving already, :D
So i know whats on its way to me..well..sort off..as this new cable could be my endgame cable :wink:

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #7,221 of 10,312

The braiding on those cables are outstanding. So aesthetically pleasing. I'm in the hunt for an upgrade for my HD 800's cable wise. Been looking around and researching for about 2 months now. The Moon audio v2 black dragon and toxic cable's Copper Venom are a few of my favourites so far. Tempted to buy. :wink:

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #7,222 of 10,312
tongue.gif

Well,  I normally do not react to these type of discussions. But that cable of yours was impossible to avoid. You have mentioned it so many times, in so many different posts, that ultimately I just had to see it ‘for real’.

And, I have to admit, it looks gorgeous. I have the impression that you expected the cable to be black. Indeed black would be a safe option, but I think you should appreciate Frank’s nerves to make it ‘ruby red’. I have checked your equipment once again (another thing that was impossible to ignore or avoid), and I have to say, it will match well. Black, red and blue fit well together. If the cable was black, it would be an accessoire, now it becomes a component. Same applies to the feet you use under the equipment. They are so completely different from what seems to be the norm, that they become or at least look like a component as well.

All together, I like it. The main elements (amp and headphone) are understated, no excessive ‘bling-bling’ here. The ‘so-called accesoires’ (equipment feet and headphone cable) give it a bit of an edge. They stand out, and so does the quality of their making.  In total it also improves  the total quality look of your complete system. That is a style I like…..
Hence, you should be lucky with Frank’s risky color choice, it is a very nice ‘red’.
Enjoy!

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #7,223 of 10,312
My cable is ready..just got the pics..wow..sexy!!! Love the color...RUBY RED if i am not mistaken!! Never saw a sleeve in this color for a VENOM ..i am guessing its new silk sleeving color of frank for a VENOM...And again its a dual mono 3pin XLR configuration..thats becoming my trademark lately
biggrin.gif

So by this..by the power of all toxicans i name u: hifimanrookie special mark II ....welcome to my crazy family.
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

As soon i have him burned in i will do a short comparision between my BW and this new VENOM RC-4 (RC-8).. Will keep u guys updated..cant wait to connect this sexy beast to my headphone and my PaG.
biggrin.gif

Geez Paulo, this one really is a stunner. Well done mate :D

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #7,224 of 10,312
thanks for the nice words guys..but the credits goes completely to frank...as always i gave him carte blanche to do what he can to make it as good as possible..i only had one basic demand: at least as good as my custom BW that i have now :D
for the rest..i told him: go bezerk..and this is what came out..a bold move of frank goin for red..but he knows me a bit now as a loyal customer..i dont go the standard way... :D

@playitloud wow...thanks my friend..never ever read such a nice description about my rig..and ur so right..i on purpose wanted the amp to be simple and classy black and my code-x is only one of the ever built original 20 who has black finished wood (others are brown) ..very simple and classy also

...and yep..on purpose i bought the stainless feet to make it more sexy..but my basic and most important reason to buy every one of my components: they are components made to deliver the best possible performance for their money and are innovative.

And they do...if u check my rack u will see that the top level is springmounted ..now thats smart thinkin..its a simple, cost friendly and effective solution for vibration control...right?? Feet also have some nifty piston smart stuff inside them (they are weight dependable)i like that..stuff u wont expect to be designed not only to be nice looking but actually have a technical reason behind it.

But once again..thanks guys for the nice words..next monday i hope to have the Venom on my doorstep...am really curious how this cable will look like, connected to my rig in the dark...only lighted by the blue led lights of my amp:) and especially how much better it will be then the already very very good custom BC frank cooked me already

I will take a pic of that.. :D

Oct 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #7,225 of 10,312

I've always thought these audio quest king cobras of mine had a beautiful red colour, but Frank's cable (ruby red) puts it to shame. ^
Wonderful stuff. :wink:

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #7,228 of 10,312
  What is the current wait time for a Silver Widow IEM cable?

Thanks

Email or PM Frank for a quicker response. He's incredibly busy and pops in here every now and again, but he'll probably see your message quicker via direct contact.

In general the wait time is a little faster for IEM cables. You won't regret that wait time though. The silver widow IEM cable is absolutely fantastic :D 

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #7,229 of 10,312

What is the current wait time for a Silver Widow IEM cable?

Thanks

Email or PM Frank for a quicker response. He's incredibly busy and pops in here every now and again, but he'll probably see your message quicker via direct contact.

In general the wait time is a little faster for IEM cables. You won't regret that wait time though. The silver widow IEM cable is absolutely fantastic :D 

Did someone say Silver Widow CIEM cables?

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #7,230 of 10,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back