Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 6, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #6,586 of 10,312
Sorry all,

Been very busy with a family matter the last week, so not had chance to reply to many messages. I will go through as many as i can later today.

Yes, all my headphone/IEM cables do go out with tracking and are shipped in padded envelopes. I have never had cables damaged in the post, other then one occasion where the wood choker arrived broken, so cables will be fine how i ship them.

We have just started on a batch of headphone cables, so will be very busy the next few weeks.

Thanks for the reply, Frank.
Glad you got things sorted out.
I'll chat with you on my PM. :)

May 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #6,587 of 10,312
Instead of writing Frank an mail I will post here.

I bought a Silver Poison cable second hand by a user here on the forum.

It arrived yesterday, but didn’t fit in my Spiral Ear CIEM, it has a deep recessed socket. After the first mail to Frank I took no more than 10 minutes for a reply, after a little clarifications e-mails he suggested a solution that worked. The cable could now be fitted in the CIEM. But they were not too keen on staying in—I wrote once again this morning to Frank, and shortly thereafter a advice ticked in to my mail box. After I got off work I did the suggested modification and not it works.

I must say am impressed with this service, I didn’t even by the cable from him!!!

I have been listing to the cable for around 5 hours, I really enjoy it. I use it on my Sprial Ear REF 5, and Ibasso DX 90. Compared to the stock cable the sound have opened up and the sound stage have increased.

So all in all I can only give this product my highest recommendations, great sound and dedicated support!

Thanks Frank

Best regards

Morten Poulsen

May 6, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #6,588 of 10,312
Silver Poison + Merlin 
L3000.gif

Thanks Frank! 

P.S: I think I need to upgrade the cable for my SE846 as well! 

May 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #6,589 of 10,312
I received my 8-wire Copper Venom for HD800 about 10 days ago.
In one word: AMAZING!!

HD800's are notoriously bright. And I'm pairing them with Gungnir/Mjolnir stack which is also on bright side of neutral.
So, naturally, I expected the combination to be too bright. I figured I would just have to live with it until I could soon upgrade to a better amp/dac.

Surprisingly, I do not find the combo to be too bright at all.
The treble is well extended, but not harsh. And it's very very clean.
Nobody ever complains about HD650 being harsh, but compared to my HD800/Copper Venom combo, my HD650's treble sounds more grainy and less clean.

The cable also manages HD800's bass very well.
HD800's bass can be a bit lean with a wrong system and/or cable.
The bass on my cans is plentiful. But what amazes me is the quality of this bass. I can clearly hear the texture of every bass note. Impressive!!

Soundstage, as you all know, is one of HD800's strong points.
It feels like the stage is in front of me, very wide and deep.
In comparison, soundstage of HD650 is more two dimensional, wide enough but not deep. It feels like I am on the stage with the performers (which can be a good thing, if I'm listening to intimate jazz music, for example)

I have never owned an HD800 before. All my impressions are based on what I remember hearing other HD800s in different systems in different environments, so please take my impressions with huge amount of salt, YMMV, IMHO, and all other caveats.

All I know is that I'm glad I purchased the Copper Venom. I was worried that I would need to upgrade my amp/dac immediately due to bad synergy. Now I know I don't have to.
Will I upgrade my amp/dac in the future? Probably, this is head-fi after all :wink:
But when I do, I will blame it on upgrade-itis, and not because of bad synergy.
My HD800/Copper Venom, however, are not going anywhere :)

May 6, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #6,591 of 10,312

HD800's are notoriously bright. And I'm pairing them with Gungnir/Mjolnir stack which is also on bright side of neutral.
So, naturally, I expected the combination to be too bright. I figured I would just have to live with it until I could soon upgrade to a better amp/dac.

Nobody ever complains about HD650 being harsh, but compared to my HD800/Copper Venom combo, my HD650's treble sounds more grainy and less clean.

The bass on my cans is plentiful. But what amazes me is the quality of this bass. I can clearly hear the texture of every bass note. Impressive!!

In comparison, soundstage of HD650 is more two dimensional, wide enough but not deep. It feels like I am on the stage with the performers (which can be a good thing, if I'm listening to intimate jazz music, for example)

I have never owned an HD800 before. All my impressions are based on what I remember hearing other HD800s in different systems in different environments, so please take my impressions with huge amount of salt, YMMV, IMHO, and all other caveats.

All I know is that I'm glad I purchased the Copper Venom. I was worried that I would need to upgrade my amp/dac immediately due to bad synergy. Now I know I don't have to.
Will I upgrade my amp/dac in the future? Probably, this is head-fi after all :wink:

Ur soooo bad.. :D

now i wanna my venom, thats in the pipeline with frank, even more! Mine will probably be a copper venom 8wire (or something) also but in a different cable configuration..not wired together..just like my BW is, he told me it will be the first of its kind :D

Damn..waiting is shiiit, but i know for 1000000% sure it will be so worth it

By the way..good impressions! The 8wire BW that i have would be perfect for ur hd800 too :wink:

May 6, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #6,592 of 10,312
Ur soooo bad.. :D

now i wanna my venom, thats in the pipeline with frank, even more! Mine will probably be a copper venom 8wire (or something) also but in a different cable configuration..not wired together..just like my BW is, he told me it will be the first of its kind :D

Damn..waiting is shiiit, but i know for 1000000% sure it will be so worth it

By the way..good impressions! The 8wire BW that i have would be perfect for ur hd800 too :wink:

8-wire BW = eargasm
8-wire Venom = multiple eargasms.
:D

May 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #6,593 of 10,312
May 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #6,596 of 10,312

Very interesting! What is the price for this 8 wire copper version?

May 9, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #6,597 of 10,312
Frank, I have a PM for you.....

May 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #6,598 of 10,312
I was wondering if any of you other intoxicated folks own a Bakoon Amp. 

I am asking Frank to investigate the possibility of creating an ACSS to SATRI-LINK cable. 

I am sure some of you out there have Audio-GD amps and Kingwa himself always promotes using his ACSS connection as the highest quality output. Of course barely anything I've found out there apart from his amps use ACSS. 

Then there's the mysterious SATRI-LINK on Bakoon amps that nobody I've spoken to have ever used (or even know anything that can connect to it). 

I've since discovered that ACSS and SATRI-LINK are compatible standards and that all we need is a cable that has ACSS on one end and SATRI-LINK on the other. 

Of course if none of you have Bakoon amps then all this is useless to you. However if any of you have both an Audio-GD and a Bakoon amp, this could be of interest to you. 

May 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #6,599 of 10,312
I was wondering if any of you other intoxicated folks own a Bakoon Amp. 

I am asking Frank to investigate the possibility of creating an ACSS to SATRI-LINK cable. 

I am sure some of you out there have Audio-GD amps and Kingwa himself always promotes using his ACSS connection as the highest quality output. Of course barely anything I've found out there apart from his amps use ACSS. 

Then there's the mysterious SATRI-LINK on Bakoon amps that nobody I've spoken to have ever used (or even know anything that can connect to it). 

I've since discovered that ACSS and SATRI-LINK are compatible standards and that all we need is a cable that has ACSS on one end and SATRI-LINK on the other. 

Of course if none of you have Bakoon amps then all this is useless to you. However if any of you have both an Audio-GD and a Bakoon amp, this could be of interest to you. 

If i am not mistaken frank himself owns one :wink:

May 11, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #6,600 of 10,312
Just done all the PM's, will go through some emails now.

If you did not get a reply for some reason, please PM me.

Getting some 1/8" to 1/4" adapters made, here's a pic of the sample, final product will be in the same design as my new plugs that are being made.

I intend to release an entire line of Toxic Cables connectors, starting with 1/8" and 1/4" plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back