Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #5,612 of 10,312
Silver Widow is litz so toy will be able to tell the difference. Search up some pics of both cables and you will be able to tell the difference instantly.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #5,613 of 10,312
Old school Toxic Cable sounding great!

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #5,614 of 10,312

The 1st picture is 8 wires silver poison.
The 2nd picture is Virus which is litz.
The last picture is Silver Widow which is also litz.

I see all of them have the same multiple small wires in spiral configuration. 
I can't see the difference instantly between silver widow and silver poison.
Please give me some more clue how to diffentiate litz wires from the common wires.  Thanks

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #5,615 of 10,312
If you are unable to see the difference just look at the marking on the heat shrink 
wink_face.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #5,617 of 10,312
  Here are a couple of pictures of the final, Silver Widow prototype. The final cable i will be receiving on Monday will look exactly the same.

Second picture shows it next to the Silver Poison.

Beautiful!

Here is Frank's post of the Silver Widow shown next to to the Silver Poison.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5,619 of 10,312
I have uploaded a few SW cable photos for sharing, you can see the A+ workmanship from Toxics.  I have also modified the LCD-X's Travel Box so that I don't need to unplug the cable every time I put the headphones inside this box for storage 
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I will provide my impression of SW's audio performance with that of the stock cable when I have completed the comparison.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #5,620 of 10,312

The 1st picture is 8 wires silver poison.
The 2nd picture is Virus which is litz.
The last picture is Silver Widow which is also litz.

I see all of them have the same multiple small wires in spiral configuration. 
I can't see the difference instantly between silver widow and silver poison.
Please give me some more clue how to diffentiate litz wires from the common wires.  Thanks

That second picture was a prototype and does not look nice at all, the final Virus looks awesome. I don't concern myself with the look of the prototypes, as this is where i want to hear what the cables sound like with different configurations.

If you look at the litz wire and compare it to the Poison, you will notice the Poison has all the wires twisted together, while the litz wires have bundles of twisted wires, with these bundles then being twisted around each other.

Actual production Virus. As you can see, looks much better then the prototype,

Talking of R&D wires, i have some old OCC copper wires that i had made for testing, when i was designing some of my other wires. 

For anyone wanting to build their own cables, i can do these wires for £0.50 per feet, compared to the usual £1.20 that i charge for my Scorpion wire. That's
60% cheaper. All OCC and Cryo treated.

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,621 of 10,312
What's the gauge?

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #5,624 of 10,312
Nono, the gauge of the occ cobber wires mentioned above.. Might want some wire... And purity now that we are at it

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #5,625 of 10,312
Nono, the gauge of the occ cobber wires mentioned above.. Might want some wire... And purity now that we are at it

If its scorpion wire..24awg. Occ and cry'od. Dont know the purity..but i do know frank only uses best quality cables available..so u wouldnt even need to know that as all his cables are as pure as possible :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back