Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #1,276 of 10,312
Well done frank..wow 18 awg viper with furutech..sexy! And that silver poison 18 awg..omg..that must be a heavenly cable..

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #1,277 of 10,312
Could you please add the price of the Silver Widow litz 25.5AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo)?

How does it compare to the Piccolino in terms of sound signature and flexibility?

I'm leaning towards one of those two beauties atm.
normal_smile .gif

I'm really surprised about the high price of the SP 18awg though. I remember the first SP being 18awg (some time early 2012 when I had thought about getting one already) and then it switched over to 24awg. I even remember Frank saying somewhere (might be in this thread, not sure any more) that the different gauge doesn't of the new versions doesn't really affect the price by too much. Do I remember this incorrectly or how did you manage to sell the old SP 18awg versions for the low prices then? I'm really confused right now.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #1,278 of 10,312
Quote:
Could you please add the price of the Silver Widow litz 25.5AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo)?

How does it compare to the Piccolino in terms of sound signature and flexibility?

I'm leaning towards one of those two beauties atm.
normal_smile .gif

I'm really surprised about the high price of the SP 18awg though. I remember the first SP being 18awg (some time early 2012 when I had thought about getting one already) and then it switched over to 24awg. I even remember Frank saying somewhere (might be in this thread, not sure any more) that the different gauge doesn't of the new versions doesn't really affect the price by too much. Do I remember this incorrectly or how did you manage to sell the old SP 18awg versions for the low prices then? I'm really confused right now.

The price of the Silver Widow is listed.

I never before had 18 stranded silver cable, so not sure where you saw that. Only 18AWG silver cable i have, is the Venom.

Different gauge of silver means a lot more silver going in to the cable, the 18AWG SP uses more then 5.5 times as much silver then the current SP, you cannot expect the price to remain the same with that big a difference. If you scrapped the silver content that's in the 18AWG cable, you would get more money for it, then what the current SP sells for, and let's not forget the gold.

From 28 to 26 or 26 to 24, it would not be a huge price difference, but that is not the case with an 18AWG cable.

I price all my cables as low as i possibly can, and the 18AWG SP is no different.

When i said the difference in gauge does not effect the price that much, it was when i was speaking of the difference between 24AWG and 26AWG of my Viper and Scorpion, they are not silver cables. This is also why, if you look at the price for IEM cables, i do not charge any extra for those that want 24AWG instead of 26.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #1,279 of 10,312
Quote:
The price of the Silver Widow is listed.

I never before had 18 stranded silver cable, so not sure where you saw that or getting that from.

Different gauge of silver means a lot more silver going in to the cable, the 18AWG SP uses more then 5.5 times as much silver then the current SP, you cannot expect the price to remain the same with that big a difference. 

From 28 to 26 or 26 to 24, it would not be a huge price difference, but that is not the case with an 18AWG cable.

I price all my cables as low as i possibly can, and the 18AWG SP is no different.

Maybe I remember it incorrectly then, I remembered 18awg wires but then again I never had 18awg wires myself ... thanks for clarification. The 18awg version is way out of my budget though.

I still can't find the price of the Silver Widow. As I see it the cable name (+short comment/explantion) comes first, then followed by the price. Maybe I'm just blind ... I'll copy paste in  here the last part of the list and how I see it:

Crystal Piccolino by Crystal Cable (Toxic Cables, are authorised dealers)

Starting at £365 for 6ft and £430 for 8ft.

Silver Widow litz 25.5AWG (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) The only OCC Silver/Gold Litz cable on the market.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,280 of 10,312
I just checked the first pages of this thread again and now I know where I remember 18awg Toxic Cables:

Quote:
Are these the cable's your referring to?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audeze-LCD-2-8ft-8-wire-18AWG-Rectangular-wire-Pure-OCC-Silver-cable-/120912218554?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item1c26ee09ba#ht_1421wt_1397

If so, please post back some impressions of these, I'm tempted in almost everyway and so close to pulling the trigger of buying them, to not just own them but also review them here.

That was silver venom but not silver+gold like the SP features. After such a long while my memories are starting to get fuzzy. I was not too far off though I guess.
normal_smile .gif

Just had a good look again on those Sony R10, just beautiful.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #1,282 of 10,312
Quote:
I just had another look, and the price is there, under the description it says pre order, then below that it has the prices.

Oh, the price below the preorder line belongs to the Silver Widow ... alright I am officially blind!
normal_smile .gif

I really like those prices of the silver widow, I was afraid of much higher prices. How long will the preorder price be valid?

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #1,284 of 10,312
Has anyone seen THIS before:

[size=small]NOTE:[/size] [size=small]When a company is incapable of innovation, it can only copy the work of others. In a blatant and unimaginative attempt to exploit the success of our unique cables, UK-based Toxic Cables has not only copied our cable's basic design (i.e. ultra-fine Type 2 litz covered in a pure filament silk braid), they have also misappropriated our cable's French Silktm trademark name, hoping to create confusion in the marketplace, much like the package of felt tip pens at the 99 cent store that say "Sharpei" in the same script font used by the original Sharpie company. [/size]
[size=small]Competition is a normal part of doing business. But there are competitors and there are predators. Those who innovate are competitors, those who copy are predators, preying on and exploiting the innovation of others. [/size]
[size=small]Q has built its reputation on being unique and innovative in the aftermarket headphone cable industry. Don't accept a "Sharpei" when you can have the original French Silktm, only from Q.[/size]

Taken from the Q-Audio homepage. I don't know what this is all about... Do they fear competition so much? Or is it true that Frank does indeed copy them? It's strange because Q-Audio is the only brand I know that adresses Toxic Cables (twice!) directly on their homepage, and they don't seem to think highly of Frank.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,285 of 10,312
Copying would be using the exact same type of wire, i use high purity Cryo treated OCC, same gauge, same strand count, my cable is none of those. There are dozens of companies all using the same sleeving "Nylon", what can be said about that. There are also companies who released OCC Silver/Gold after i was the first, there is nothing wrong with that. This is business and there will always be competition.

My cable is called the Black Widow "with French Silk sleeving" because that's what the sleeving is made from, French Silk. French Silk, is the name of a silk produced in France, it has has been referred to as French silk for decades now. Silk has also been used for cable sleeving for over 10 years now.

I thinks that's all that can be said on that matter and i also feel it's best not to continue this, on this thread, it can get locked if it starts to get out of hand, and knowing some of you, it would. 
biggrin.gif

I myself, welcome competition, it keeps me motivated and bringing out new cables. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,286 of 10,312
I thinks that's all that can be said on that matter and i also feel it's best not to continue this, on this thread, it can get locked if it starts to get out of hand, and knowing some of you, it would. :D
[/quote]
Out of hand? seriously?what gave u that idea :D as I really cant come up with names of anyone.. :wink:
But seriously..well said..no more words needed.and u know me guys..its hard for me to keep it short :D

And noooo!
i am not going to rhyme
Not this time!

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #1,287 of 10,312
Totally agreed Frank. The use of a similar sleeving option does not make one a copy cat. Ultimately, for a cable, it all boils down to its features, quality and sound that makes one cable stand out from another.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #1,288 of 10,312
Totally agreed Frank. The use of a similar sleeving option does not make one a copy cat. Ultimately, for a cable, it all boils down to its features, quality and sound that makes one cable stand out from another.

And how frank reacts on us ofcourse..dont forget that..but as frank said..let us not react on whats said..and go on with the reason why we are on this thread...the toxicitius addiction :D
Agree?:p

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #1,290 of 10,312
Edited for correction purposes.

I will not post the exact extract as I could potentially get banned or have this thread locked, but read the homepage of http://www.q-audio.com/ for more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back