TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Wraith vs. Valkyrie TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting October 2019
Jan 26, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #76 of 122
I just wanna say I have been revising this review for weeks. It's been done for several but I confused "Creating a new product" with the actual review in head fi and as a result I kept trying to condense it down to 10,000 characters to make it fit within the confines of tab1 of "new item" meanwhile I wasn't in the review section at all. I strongly suggest head-fi do something to fix this, I wasted a great deal of my life trying to make this fit only to find out I didn't have to and it greatly delayed my review.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/empire-ears-wraith.24165/reviews#review-23212

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #77 of 122
I really enjoyed the Wraith, though a part of me wishes EE had gone the "tri-hybrid" route and incorporated their W9 driver; Wraith being their flagship & sporting all the acronyms in the EE lineup I would've expected it to also use the Weapon IX subwoofer.

Jan 26, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #78 of 122
I really enjoyed the Wraith, though a part of me wishes EE had gone the "tri-hybrid" route and incorporated their W9 driver; Wraith being their flagship & sporting all the acronyms in the EE lineup I would've expected it to also use the Weapon IX subwoofer.

Agreed

Jan 26, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #79 of 122

With the Wraith sporting 4(!) EST drivers, EE may not have been able to squeeze in the W9 driver, but I can't help wonder if it needs 4 E-stats. This is most likely why Wraith is only available in universal (ATM?) format as logistically it must be pretty hard to incorporate 4 EST + 7 BA drivers in a custom shell. With that said though, part of me can't help wonder if EE purposely "crippled" Wraith by not including the W9 driver. Wraith is undoubtedly a TOTL monitor, but the wish for a bit more oomph/rumble in the low end seems to be echoed by a few.

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #80 of 122
Rumor has it that EE has a new monitor or prototype in the works called the "Odin". Maybe a while out before we are talking about a tour, but it is rumored to be similar to the Wraith with a W9 ensemble. If it happens, it will probably be the one to beat and EE is just the company to do it. :)

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #81 of 122
Got home late last night, package arrived, all send to be OK. Listened to Valkyrie (use a Pono), sounded sweet to me (will check on Wraith next. (The Valkyrie doesn't seem to get much love...maybe I'll feel the same when I get to compare...

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #82 of 122
Got home late last night, package arrived, all send to be OK. Listened to Valkyrie (use a Pono), sounded sweet to me (will check on Wraith next. (The Valkyrie doesn't seem to get much love...maybe I'll feel the same when I get to compare...
That surprises me about the Valkyrie too, it should be getting a lot more love than it is. It is really good.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #84 of 122
That surprises me about the Valkyrie too, it should be getting a lot more love than it is. It is really good.

Valkyrie deserves more love, It's one of the best deals right now. Electrostatic speed and clarity, awesome bass. The biggest issue is the separation, it's a good step or two behind Wraith. However, if you are ok with a little note bleed and a smaller stage, Valkyrie is super fun. It only gets better when paired with a good source.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #86 of 122
Received the kit today. Everything seems to be accounted for.

IMG_20200208_154114.jpgIMG_20200208_153607.jpg

Thanks once again Barra for allowing us to sample TOTL IEMs. Forever grateful. :)

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #89 of 122
I just wanna say I have been revising this review for weeks. It's been done for several but I confused "Creating a new product" with the actual review in head fi and as a result I kept trying to condense it down to 10,000 characters to make it fit within the confines of tab1 of "new item" meanwhile I wasn't in the review section at all. I strongly suggest head-fi do something to fix this, I wasted a great deal of my life trying to make this fit only to find out I didn't have to and it greatly delayed my review.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/empire-ears-wraith.24165/reviews#review-23212

fantastic review , even better than some 'official' reviewers

great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back