TOUR CLOSED - US Head-Fi Tour: Empire Ears Wraith vs. Valkyrie TOTL CIEM Tour - Starting October 2019
Oct 6, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #31 of 122
ngoshawk
Warrensburg, MO

I will certainly do a full review! Plus video.

Thanks @Barra !

Oct 6, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #32 of 122
I live in Palo Alto, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. You have my info from previous tours and all the info is still current. Thanks!

Oct 6, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #33 of 122
More Impressions
Can I say WOW again? :)

Having played with these CIEMs for a few days now, there are more impressions to be had. First, the Valkyrie requires considerably more juice than the Wraith to drive at the same volume. Second, they both really like power to get the best SQ, scaling very nicely with desktop equipment. With that out of the way, these both are outstanding CIEMs and firmly TOTL at the top of the charts. When driven correctly, the Valkyrie is forward and fun and the Wraith is lavish and detailed. The Valkyrie definitely has more bass presence, and like mentioned before, IMO it feels more pronounced than my Legend X that has double the subwoofers. I feel both are way deep in sub territory so both are sensitive to the fit to get all that sub goodness, but the Wraith feels more extended on both ends of the frequency spectrum and balanced in between where the Valkyrie sub also offers some mid-bass making it less sensitive to fit. The Wraith has incredible bass as well even without the benefit of the subs offering a stellar full frequency presentation like a total headphone. The wraith on my desktop is ear popping good!

Now the elephant in the room - the treble. The electrostatic drivers are very different at first listen and take a while to get used to before you can effectively judge the performance. Once you are used to them, the normal BAs sound muffled in comparison. There is an extraordinary amount of detail in this treble and it is very smooth. Some songs can push it to sibilance in some cases when the recording is bad, but less so when you get used to the new signature. After wrapping your head around the treble, and you drive the correct power, and you get the right seal, the results are stellar. The wraith is the love child of the 009 and the Abyss. The Valkyrie is just flat out fun and your new party buddy.

I am anxious to hear what everyone else thinks. We will be closing up the tour and shipping out by next weekend so sign up now if you haven't already.

The first tour I did with you was the 2nd 64 Audio tour and ended up with the A12t. I still like it, but since I can't stop spending money, I have been thinking of the Trio lately along with a few others like the Z1R, anole vx. But this tour is perfect. I can demo these and add one of them to my shopping list if I like them.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #34 of 122
I live in Honolulu HI, and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. You have my info from previous tours and my info is still current. Thanks Bill, hope I made the deadline

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #35 of 122
I live in Sioux Falls, SD and would like to participate in the tour. All my information submitted for the prior tours is identical and unchanged. I also agree to abide by all rules. Thanks Bill!

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #36 of 122
I agree to the terms.

I live in New York, NY and would like to participate. Info already on file.

Thanks, Barra!

Josh

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #37 of 122
I live in Westfield, NJ, and agree to the tour terms, and I believe I have submitted all required information. I'd like to be on the tour.

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #38 of 122
I live in Lake Worth, FL and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I will have emailed my required ID verification documentation to billb@cleardiff.com.

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #40 of 122
I live in Frisco Texas, and agree to all conditions etc. you have all my info from previous tours

Oct 12, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #42 of 122
Logistics are Up, Tour Starting Early Next Week
Looks like we are getting started and I am very sad to let these guys go. They are my favorite CIEMs right now and have blown my mind. I am diggin' the electrostatic treble, and the incredible detail. Please give yourselves some time - a couple of days - to get used to the new treble before making a snap decision and then you will not want to go back. However, this is not all about treble as the bass on each is stellar as well. Overall, these new CIEMs ROCK HARD!!! But, you can see for yourselves soon. :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #43 of 122
Tour Officially Kicked Off - Kit Shipped Out
:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: I miss them already. Customs are a must for me, but not with these guys, they are fitting very well and sound wonderful. Would I prefer customs, of course, but not needed to see how awesome these are. Luckily i have my Legend X customs to go back to, but I will never look at them the same. I want all three.......

They are shipped out to our first reviewer @BulldogXTRM with an expected delivery of Thursday. Enjoy!

BTW, good time to remind everyone to follow the rules with responsibilities outlined in the first few posts and starting with immediately posting the receipt of the kit. Also, don't forget that these always to be shipped "signature required" so please make arrangements to have someone to receive them on your turn.

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #45 of 122
I'm going to take a listen to them as soon as I get them and see if they're suitable for use on stage. I have a big show this weekend and may give them my "trial by fire" treatment if they are suitable. Otherwise, I'll do my "normal" full review and compare them with my A18+, FH5 and Euphoria's. I've been reading up on the ES drivers and I'm amazed they were able to get a ES driver in an IEM without the extra power amp needed by the Shure KSE1500 and KSE1200. How in the heck are these guys doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back