TOUR CLOSED - Hidition US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - NT6pro, NT6, and Viento >>> Starting May 2017
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #197 of 225
Finally! The day has come that I was waitin for.

Received the tour kit today.

Everything looks to be fine. I have the NT6, NT-6 Pro, and the Viento. In addition, there is the one bag of silicone tips of various sizes, two black Hidition iem casings with cleaning cloth, two addional generic round cases for iem or tips, and a bag with an additional cable.

I could swear the small star tips comes with KZ iems. Perhaps somebody left them on there with the pro.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #198 of 225
Confirmed - The Hidition NT8 and Waltz US Tour will be coming Soon!
No logistics or dates are available yet as I start talking to Hidition about particulars, but they do want to have a tour. This one may or may not have a review requirement - TBD - and will include the NT8 and the Waltz which are both described on their site. Will let you know when I get more info and announce here when a tour site is up.

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #200 of 225
Just got my first opportunity to listen today. Life keeps getting in the way. Anyways, I honestly wasn't too impressed with the NT6. I listened for about 30 minutes but I don't think I will go back to them. Since then I have been listening to the pro's. At first I wasn't impressed but the more I listen the more I like them. Upon initial direct comparison they make my beloved Andromeda feel a little thin. They sound richer to me for some reason. Have not tried the Viento yet. I may just have to look into getting the NT6 pro universal though. Good stuff.

I still find myself thinking about the NT6 Pro Universal. I did not have huge expectations going into my time with them and my time with them was cut short due to my schedule that week. With that being said I felt like they just kind of snuck up on me. I wasn't blown away immediately but the more I listened the more I fell in love with the sound they provided. I often would forget I would have them in and then suddenly something would happen in the music and it would just blow me away. Great stuff hidition! Keep up the good work.

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #201 of 225
I still find myself thinking about the NT6 Pro Universal. I did not have huge expectations going into my time with them and my time with them was cut short due to my schedule that week. With that being said I felt like they just kind of snuck up on me. I wasn't blown away immediately but the more I listened the more I fell in love with the sound they provided. I often would forget I would have them in and then suddenly something would happen in the music and it would just blow me away. Great stuff hidition! Keep up the good work.
You are not alone in that sentiment. They were my first CIEM by luck, but after all my trials and tours, they have never been kicked out of the winning circle shared by only a few. I still listen to them every day. They are really that good.

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #202 of 225
I've sent PM to the 3 people underneath me on the tour roster. I assume the 3 people above(on the rotation roster) not highlighted in red are ones that hasn't been responding.

9918570_thumb.jpg
9918583_thumb.jpg

Barra's images above, and what I assume was the original kit was consisting of. Currently, there are only 3 sets of blue tips and two cleaning tools. I don't see the black pouch in the image above, but instead an additional Hidition iem case. Instead of the additional Hiditon iem case, I have an additional pouch, a black one that is like the orange one.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #203 of 225
You are not alone in that sentiment. They were my first CIEM by luck, but after all my trials and tours, they have never been kicked out of the winning circle shared by only a few. I still listen to them every day. They are really that good.

i see you own A18 as well so that says a lot about how good NT6 is

btw i also give my NT6 a lot of time , even though i own the Zeus XR (which is an amazing CIEM)

curious how NT6 Pro sund though , but curiosity costs so i am fine with the NT6

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #204 of 225
i see you own A18 as well so that says a lot about how good NT6 is

btw i also give my NT6 a lot of time , even though i own the Zeus XR (which is an amazing CIEM)

curious how NT6 Pro sund though , but curiosity costs so i am fine with the NT6
I personally prefer the NT6 out of the 3 demos. I don't hear enough differences out of the switches of the Viento to be really that much distinguishing. Profile-8 made more dramatic differences with the switches than the Viento in terms of bass response.

All of them are sounding on the bright side(especially the ess sounds with vocals) like most are saying, and now I'm wondering about the differences of demo from customs in general. The ess sounds have more energy than the Profile-8 in which I thought had a bit more than I prefer. I recall the custom version of NT6 sounding with additional lower frequency tones with the treble(creating a holographic effect or more definition or dimentionality to sounds), but can't be certain as this is by memory. But technicalities were pretty good for it's time in terms of general tight clean fast response.

I'm guessing the bass response is different with the NT8. Too bad I can't compare.

@Barra Have you compared custom version to the demo of your pro? Have you heard much differences?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #205 of 225
I personally prefer the NT6 out of the 3 demos. I don't hear enough differences out of the switches of the Viento to be really that much distinguishing. Profile-8 made more dramatic differences with the switches than the Viento in terms of bass response.

All of them are sounding on the bright side(especially the ess sounds with vocals) like most are saying, and now I'm wondering about the differences of demo from customs in general. The ess sounds have more energy than the Profile-8 in which I thought had a bit more than I prefer. I recall the custom version of NT6 sounding with additional lower frequency tones with the treble(creating a holographic effect or more definition or dimentionality to sounds), but can't be certain as this is by memory. But technicalities were pretty good for it's time in terms of general tight clean fast response.

I'm guessing the bass response is different with the NT8. Too bad I can't compare.

@Barra Have you compared custom version to the demo of your pro? Have you heard many differences?
Clean, Clean, Clean: First things, first - as a reminder - please remember to do a good job cleaning the sound tubes. The sound can degrade quickly with any blockage and a good cleaning can provide a perfected sound. But be careful of the sound tube with the shallow filter.

A Change In Tuning: I sent my original pros in for a remolding after a couple of years and received a pair back that had a slightly evolved signature. The original was all about transparency and accuracy that was extended both treble and subsonic. The new tuning was more playful in the bass with more dynamic driver sounding bass. Given my mixture of CIEMs, it was a pleasant surprise and I find myself listening to it even more. There is a slight loss in lower transparency, but none in the treble, in exchange for a fun dynamic signature. I am really enjoying it. You may be experiencing a change in tuning from what you remember too. But I guess this is expected as the components evolve over time.

Universal vs. Custom: I hear the expected better isolation leading to better treble and bass extension. However, the signature stays the same. Tips obviously are known to change the signature, but I can only use silicone which doesn't have much signature effect. I did this both with my 18s and my NT6pros with the same results.

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #206 of 225
Clean, Clean, Clean: First things, first - as a reminder - please remember to do a good job cleaning the sound tubes. The sound can degrade quickly with any blockage and a good cleaning can provide a perfected sound. But be careful of the sound tube with the shallow filter.

is there any danger with a cleaning vacuum ? is there anyone you use and highly recommend ?

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #207 of 225
is there any danger with a cleaning vacuum ? is there anyone you use and highly recommend ?
I haven't tried anything other than the provided tool, but I cannot see why a vacuum would hurt it.

Will mention to Hidition that they need a cleaning best practices guide.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #208 of 225
LPG is a better match for NT6(at least in comparison to Opus #2). Now it's sounding better. I think Opus #2 wasn't a good match. I learned my lesson, I should give different DAPs a try. Opus #2 wasn't pushing out much bass, and overall a bit dry sig made notes sound a bit on the thin side, and with a bit of ess sound emphasis. Now I feel better about the sound out of the LPG. I'm getting greater bass push and brought the mids up to thicken the notes. It's sounding more like music. For the NT6, LPG provides a warmer output. This is interesting since Opus #2 can be on the warm side depending on the iem, but not for the NT6. I think the ess sound is more noticeable on the Opus #2 due to probably the lower treble, upper mids being lower than the LPG. With the NT6, mids and bass sounds lifted in comparison to the Opus #2.

Out the three I prefer the NT6 due to it's upper mids, lower treble. It sounds like there is more of presence compared to the other two, and therefore more transparency there. Viento sounds a bit recessed there in comparison and similarly the Pro due to the bass lift, which comes off toward V sig in comparison to NT6. Viento sounds to be the least bright of the three with upper mids, lower treble relatively lower than the treble.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #210 of 225
Received the Kit today.... Quick glance it seem like everything is there. All three monitors, Hidition bag, Red and Black case, 2 Hidition cases (1 NT6 and 1 NT6 Pro), Cleaning cloths & tools, Extra cable, Viento in black case. I also see the warranty card. Hopefully thats everything that suppose to be included.

Thanks @Barra for the tour and thank you @SilverEars shipping them out to me speedily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back