TOUR CLOSED - DITA Audio - Dream US Demo CIEM Tour (Limited Review Tour, Starting July 2017)
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #122 of 137
@Shmuel - can you please confirm receipt?

Mar 14, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #125 of 137
After a month delay, I received the Dita Dream for my step of the loaner tour and now I've just handed it off to Ivanrocks321, who is a real gentleman. I'll be posting a brief review here in a few days based on some good, careful listening for the pros and the cons that this very enjoyable earphone offers.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #126 of 137
Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #127 of 137
Received these today, looking forward to comparing them to my old Dita Answer (Truth Edition).

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #128 of 137
Sending out the tour kit tomorrow to @SilverEars - Boston, MA.
thanks for including me in the tour.
Very briefly, I thought these were one step up from the Answer (Truth edition). Depending on your financial situation, worth the price difference.
Very solid bass, nice and controlled high end. Great details, especially for a one driver earphone, plus big sound-stage. As some others have mentioned, mids are a bit dry, but not enough to distract from the music, imho.

Cheers.

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #129 of 137
Very briefly, I thought these were one step up from the Answer (Truth edition). Depending on your financial situation, worth the price difference.
Very solid bass, nice and controlled high end. Great details, especially for a one driver earphone, plus big sound-stage. As some others have mentioned, mids are a bit dry, but not enough to distract from the music, imho.

Cheers.
Finally, time to realize the dynamic truth. Pun intended. :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #130 of 137

Cheers.
It was delivered yesterday. Not much in the package besides the black Dita case and 4 sets of white tips and a set of black tips.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how natural it sounds. I've been mainly into BA iems over the years, and this dynamic driver iem has me change of view on what dynamics are capable of.

I've drove it out of my Opus #2 DAP, and it takes a lot of volume to get it to the good level. I've been listening to Dave Brubeck Time Out album. Bass is ridiculous, I have not heard bass like this!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #131 of 137
No, not much of a package when I received it. Would have been nice if the balanced plug had come with the cable.
Still, I agree, very natural sound.

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #132 of 137
The original stolen kit had the full-on DITA cable setup. This current kit was an extra early show set that they graciously offered to continue the tour after the nicer kit was stolen. We are lucky that we were able to continue given the circumstances.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #133 of 137
The original stolen kit had the full-on DITA cable setup. This current kit was an extra early show set that they graciously offered to continue the tour after the nicer kit was stolen. We are lucky that we were able to continue given the circumstances.
It's fortunate that we still get a chance to hear the Dream. Kinda glad I did at this point.

I've tried two different types of tips so far, the white tips that came in the kit which has narrower bore to Symbio W(which is the other tip I've used). I really didn't notice much tonal differences in trying different bore sized tips, but I do notice the way bass is presented. The white tips that is provided provides a very interesting bass response. Subs rumble, and I like that.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #134 of 137
Ok, I realized why bass sounds like it does. It's due to the Opus #2. Bass sounds quite particular out of it. It has very good bass out of it, and you hear the subs. I've never heard bass done this way before. So, bass gets hard when track calls for it, and then you have the soft ambient bass along with the quite noticeable sub-bass rumble(decay after hitting hard). I'm really impress with the bass on this thing.

Is there any impedance graphs out there? I would assume it wouldn't swing much since it's a dynamic driver.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #135 of 137
Fit is so important with these. The tips that come with them(the white ones) are perfect for the bass response. No other tips I've tried had as good of a fit, or provided the level of bass response. I think the white tips that it comes with supports the sub-bass rumble. They fit me perfectly, and would say the best fit I've ever had in terms of snugness(due to it's particular elliptical shape) and material type for sound. I think though wider bore would tame the highs a bit, but it's too bad, wider bore tips of same quality was not included.

I don't think you can fully appreciate these without a precise fit.

It's quite a clear sounding iem for a dynamic driver, it sounds a bit crisp in the highs, sounds like there is a bit of 6.5k presence or around there creating the crispness.

Didn't Dita have have various set of tips provided with different bore sizes? Is the white tips the tips that comes with the Dream? These are very good quality tips in terms of fit and sound response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back