TOUR CLOSED - Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus two surprises >>> Starting March 2017
Apr 10, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #76 of 340
FYI: Note the AAW line-up is priced in Singapore Dollars.

That's right, so a quick google search shows that S$500 = $355usd.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #77 of 340
  I live in Atlanta, GA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.

You're in, adding you to the end.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #78 of 340
Just shipped the second demo kit to @Overkill Red to start the East Coast lag of the tour!!!!

Wow, what a ride. The entire lineup made a statement, but the W900 was definitely the focus for me. Here are some summary thoughts below:
  1. Packaging: This was the nicest demo kit that we have seen through the tours that I have managed or otherwise. Each demo has its own case, box, and accessories - and came brand new.
  2. Hybrids: This was new for me and took some time to get accustomed to the air pressure that dynamics deliver. 
  3. Burn In: I did notice some burn in changes as we progressed through my week. Participants may notice further changes as we go, however, they did sound excellent out of the box. 
  4. Source: Source matters, especially with the W900. Dynamic drivers love power to get them moving. 
  5. Seal: Fit matters. I had to hold my ears to get a perfect seal. The right was a reasonable fit, but the left required help which is typical for my ears. While the looser seal was outstanding in SQ given the air pressure that drove the bass, a perfect seal quickly revealed what I was missing. Sometimes it was hard to tell that I was missing anything until I checked. The seal is very important in my review.
  6. A3Hpro v2: Wow, at about $300 US, these are a steal. The seem to have a more traditional V shape signature, but the mids were still very sweat. If I just listened to this one, I would be very impressed. But the W500/W900 take it up another notch.
  7. M4: This was a large departure from the hybrid sound and seemed very mid focused. It was very seductive and had a nice width to it. However, I am still love sick over the W900.
  8. W500: The W500 was very much like the W900. While they feel like they have the same bass impact, the focus on the bass on the W900 takes a step back making the W500 seem warmer.
  9. W900: The W900 takes the W500 to greater levels by adding a very smooth and detailed audiophile treble. This adds significant detail, air, and soundstage. It was very hard to let go of the W900 today to ship it off as it made a great impression. Tried a new silver high end cable and found that it tightened everything up considerably allowing it to scale even more. The W900 is a massive scaler that I was unable to find the top.

I really wish that I had more time with the W900. It is fully deserving of a full review, but didn't have the time to do a thorough enough engagement having just sold my house and preparing to move. I was also hampered by my funky ears that do not play well with universal fitting IEMs. I can only imagine how far they would scale with a perfect seal from a custom pair. Will try again when the tour kit comes back.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #80 of 340
Brian, San Francisco, CA. I'd like to join and agree to the terms of the tour.

Would love to get on this if possible!!

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #84 of 340
  Brian, San Francisco, CA. I'd like to join and agree to the terms of the tour.

Would love to get on this if possible!!

Added

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #85 of 340
  Just shipped the second demo kit to @Overkill Red to start the East Coast lag of the tour!!!!

Wow, what a ride. The entire lineup made a statement, but the W900 was definitely the focus for me. Here are some summary thoughts below:
  1. Packaging: This was the nicest demo kit that we have seen through the tours that I have managed or otherwise. Each demo has its own case, box, and accessories - and came brand new.
  2. Hybrids: This was new for me and took some time to get accustomed to the air pressure that dynamics deliver. 
  3. Burn In: I did notice some burn in changes as we progressed through my week. Participants may notice further changes as we go, however, they did sound excellent out of the box. 
  4. Source: Source matters, especially with the W900. Dynamic drivers love power to get them moving. 
  5. Seal: Fit matters. I had to hold my ears to get a perfect seal. The right was a reasonable fit, but the left required help which is typical for my ears. While the looser seal was outstanding in SQ given the air pressure that drove the bass, a perfect seal quickly revealed what I was missing. Sometimes it was hard to tell that I was missing anything until I checked. The seal is very important in my review.
  6. A3Hpro v2: Wow, at about $300 US, these are a steal. The seem to have a more traditional V shape signature, but the mids were still very sweat. If I just listened to this one, I would be very impressed. But the W500/W900 take it up another notch.
  7. M4: This was a large departure from the hybrid sound and seemed very mid focused. It was very seductive and had a nice width to it. However, I am still love sick over the W900.
  8. W500: The W500 was very much like the W900. While they feel like they have the same bass impact, the focus on the bass on the W900 takes a step back making the W500 seem warmer.
  9. W900: The W900 takes the W500 to greater levels by adding a very smooth and detailed audiophile treble. This adds significant detail, air, and soundstage. It was very hard to let go of the W900 today to ship it off as it made a great impression. Tried a new silver high end cable and found that it tightened everything up considerably allowing it to scale even more. The W900 is a massive scaler that I was unable to find the top.

I really wish that I had more time with the W900. It is fully deserving of a full review, but didn't have the time to do a thorough enough engagement having just sold my house and preparing to move. I was also hampered by my funky ears that do not play well with universal fitting IEMs. I can only imagine how far they would scale with a perfect seal from a custom pair. Will try again when the tour kit comes back.

Great impressions, Thank You!

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #86 of 340
Just received the sets!

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #87 of 340
Brooklyn, NY. I agree to the terms of the tour. I'm still sad I missed out on the great discount for the W900 during AAW's Capri Indiegogo campaign.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #88 of 340
Brooklyn, NY. I agree to the terms of the tour. I'm still sad I missed out on the great discount for the W900 during AAW's Capri Indiegogo campaign.

Added

Users who are viewing this thread

Back