TOUR CLOSED - Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus two surprises >>> Starting March 2017
Jun 26, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #181 of 340
thanks for the clarification. Just to be sure 7 days from moment that are received and each person should notify when these are received so a counter can start. My kit should arrive today and will post so we can adjust calendar

Jun 26, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #182 of 340
I did my audition for 7 days and mailed it out on the 8th day. That's reasonable to me and I think no one would bat an eye at that. However, on this tour and other tours, members have had the kit over 10+ days, which anyone would find unreasonable.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #184 of 340
Hey just an update guys and gals. I came home with a note from the post office saying I have a package that needs signed for. I am assuming that this is the kit from Ike1985. I will let you guys know when I pick it up at lunch time tomorrow.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #185 of 340
My kit has arrived from NMatheis

qhSzXuZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #192 of 340
Current perspectives, after a couple of days:

Shells: Great quality from what I can see by inspecting these under good light. Face plates of each unit are pretty nice and I like the ones they selected for these units as they provide an idea on the finishes. In particular the M40 blue shell is pretty nice while also allowing you to see the internals of the IEM. All units are sit pretty well in my ear and provide some good fit.

Nozzle: I am assuming that they are all "kind of" chunky because of AAW is mostly a custom IEM builder. Tip rolling is a bit of a pain in particular for the spin fits or complys, the included black ones are much more flexible to install and remove, so I tended to use my own JVC Spiral dots.Some other designs have ridges which help with some tips. I was surprise that the AH30 with a only a pair of BA and one DD the nozzle was almost the same size as the W900, maybe trying to keep a standard build independent of the # /Type of drivers

Cable: Null Audio pretty light and no discernible microphonics when moving around plus very confortable to use .Based on the sound I am getting it should be a mix type ( silver and copper???) . However I would have expected a different cable with the W900 to further enhanced the signature plus at the price point I think it is worth it. The AH30 had a different cable that I could quite make out reminds me of some old JVC type cables

AH 30/W500/W500 are all hybrids so its a step up type experience
M40 from what I can see and hear is a full BA unit

AH30 has some great detail in the treble end. I did find some hiss but could not tell if it was due to the source as it was not always present.Mid is enjoyable and present, in certain songs I found some crowding . The bass is clearly present, its not perfect but it is there and enjoyable.

M40 : Nice Treble and Mid range, it had good clarity on a lot of the songs and felt it held its ownI was moving along with. The bass from the dynamic driver AH is slower than balanced armature bass, but that results in nice warmth and musicality ( if that is the right term) . I think the M40 and Shure 425 are close cousins as I was testing these

When comparing the W900 and the W500.

The W900 is like the fancy sportscar that you show around the city, but the W500 is like the muscle car???. Interesting that I am getting this response from my listening session.

When you move from the W500 to the W900 what I am getting is a bit more treble and soundstage, but also a smoother treble response ( I think ?). The treble feels natural on the W500 but much more on the W900. On my back and forth what I think made the difference was the mids the W900 were more alive and I could get some detail that was not easy to capture in the W500. No doubt the W900 is the latest evolution but there is something "primitive" on the W500 that is attractive, maybe is that muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back