TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #766 of 813
I will be shipping my kit to @Vansen tomorrow. Thank you again to everyone involved in the tour!

The U18t are very familiar and balanced sounding iem in comparison to the Fourtes, yet very full in quantity and big sounding, especially in the mids and lows. It took me a while to get used to the big sound when I first got my A18s. At first, I thought the bass was too much, but it turns out everything was just big across the board. Because of their neutral sound, they are very receptive to what custom cables are designed to accomplish, delivering good to excellent synergy with most custom cables.

The difference between the U and A18t was minimal but interesting. The overall sq was similar, as expected, but the A18s were about 2-3 db louder, not just with the foam tips but also with silicone tips. Not a big deal. When critically listening at similar volumes, not just the bass of the A18s, but the mids and also the highs to a lesser extent, sounded more palpable and had slightly more added texture because so much more of the customs surface area is in contact with the ears conveying the tactile sense of the sound. The difference is not nearly as huge like how you can feel the sound coming out of floor speakers with your entire body vs. just your ears when listening to headphones. It is subtle but there.

Again, these are probably two of the best iems and ciems out there right now. You cannot go wrong picking either one.

Lastly, I just want to mention briefly my experience ordering from 64 Audio was absolutely phenomenal. They completely left me speechless with so many things that define professionalism. Even the way they communicate with customers, small things like choice of words and mannerism are absolutely first class. I wonder why other companies are not this way, because... honestly, this is the best thing you can do for your company.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #767 of 813
12t/trio - US Tour Update
Good news, the tour kits for our 12t/trio tour are on the way. I am setting up a tour thread for signups now and will launch this weekend...... stay tuned!

Mar 17, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #769 of 813
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #770 of 813
Stolen Tour Kit - Please Keep an Eye Out
Unfortunately, we had an 18/Fourte' tour kit stolen during our US tour. They were stolen on a college campus in Santa Barbara, CA from @Andrew Lin last October. It would be greatly appreciated if everyone can keep an eye out for a suspicious sale of these items. The serial numbers for these IEMs are listed below.

Serial Numbers:
  • Fourte': T00193
  • U18: UX05821
If you have any information, please contact @Barra on HeadFi, or Roman Belonozhko at 64 Audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #772 of 813
Reminder - Please Post Receipt and Shipping to Thread
Please remember to post receipt and shipping to the thread including who you received from and who you are shipping to with dates. Without the updates here, it is hard to follow activities.

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #773 of 813
Mar 29, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #775 of 813
I notified @Barra personally. I’m not certain as to @ljnew current status....But they were delivered and signed for by him last Friday. :)

Attachments

• 975C3A16-B02D-4DEB-A01F-B63BF3AE3BF6.png
    975C3A16-B02D-4DEB-A01F-B63BF3AE3BF6.png
    456.3 KB · Views: 0
  • A3CFF9DB-FF11-48C6-B91C-9E28AA26F78C.png
    A3CFF9DB-FF11-48C6-B91C-9E28AA26F78C.png
    417.6 KB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #777 of 813
This better not be happening again. The 64 Audio yours are for me one of the best things this entire site has going for it.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #779 of 813
Do people not read that the tour samples are supposed to be shipped via Fedex?
FedEx was not an option for me. I work nearly 14 hours a day in a data center, where I don’t get to leave during the day. As well as the fact that I’m over 30 minutes away from the nearest FedEx. USPS was my only option. Sometimes it serves us better to be quick to ask questions, not the rhetorical type, than to make assumptions. For what it’s worth, I made sure that it was required for @ljnew personal signature for the package. So regardless of USPS or FedEx, it arrived safely to the proper destination, and signed for by the specific recipient. At this point it is just waiting on @ljnew to notify the tour of it’s status. Like all here, I am truly hoping that this is just a lack of communication, as we all would hate to have a second event occur like was just experienced. The good people at 64 Audio, and I mean that, as I have family that works there, do us a great service by giving us these opportunities. Thanks again @Barra for being the ring leader here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back