[TOUR] Cayin N6 - DAP Australian / New Zealand Tour Impressions
Jun 10, 2015 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

H20Fidelity

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks to the amazing company / Head-Fi sponsor Cayin, Countries Australia / New Zealand are offered an opportunity to tour their Cayin N6. Big thanks to Cayin for helping this happen!

Cayin N6 has been receiving much praise among the community and audio nuts in general, now its time for you to find out!

Link to Cayin N6 main thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/740557/cayin-n6-dap-dual-pcm1792-btl-amplication-circuit-24-192-dsd128-sacd-iso

This thread is to post an application to be considered for the tour also track the tour as things progress. 

If you're an established member wishing to take the unit for 2 weeks in return for a product review please provide these details below.

1) Your location.

2) Links to previous reviews (if any)

3) Previous / Current players owned.

4) What headphones / IEMs you wish to try with Cayin N6. 

5) Agree to the terms of completing a product review.

TOUR RULES

• Treat the unit with respect.  I know you will - but stating it up front.
  • On receipt of unit, you need to advise (in this thread), then take around 14 days to listen and thoroughly test Cayin N6. During (or at the completion of) your time with the N6 - feel free to post impressions in this thread - then also post a review of Cayin N6 in the N6 product page.
  • I'd like to think we can all do this reasonably well -  the whole purpose of this exercise is the actual review.  It doesn't have to be a book.
  • At the completion - you send the N6 (carefully packaged) to the next person on the tour.

I must make it clear you require to be an established member, trader feedback is also preferred for this application. (but all applications will be considered). Once we gather the list a final selection will be announced in this thread, the OP updated with a list of participating members and the tour can commence. 

Applications will close on the 20th of June. Applications Closed

Final Tour List (In Order)

@Loquah - Melbourne (impressions - click here)

@gikigill - Melbourne 

@d marc0 - Melbourne (Review - click here)

@T.R.A.N.C.E. - ACT (Review - click here)

@n05ey - Sydney (Review - click here)

@DJScope - Sydney (Review - click here)

@H20Fidelity - Sydney (Review Click here)

Cheers,
H20

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 93
1) Your location: Melbourne.

2) Links to previous reviews (if any): http://www.head-fi.org/users/285185/reviews

2 more in progress at the moment.

3) Previous / Current players owned: Sony NWZ-A828, Note 4, plenty of minidisc and Hi-MD,Fiio X3/5,

4) What headphones / IEMs you wish to try with Cayin N6:

XB900
JH16
FXZ200
FXZ100
WS99
HD25
SZ1000
SZ2000
HF300
IE300
Amperior
XBA-H3
MadDog 3.2

5) Agree to the terms of completing a product review. Yes.

Jun 10, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 93
I am definitely wanting in on this! I'm in the ACT, and have a boatload of daps and hp's/iem's I would like to compare and pair with the N6, happy to write a review of this. My current daps, hps' and iem's are in my sig.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #5 of 93
More than happy to try out new gear. Put me down H2O

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 93
  I am definitely wanting in on this! I'm in the ACT, and have a boatload of daps and hp's/iem's I would like to compare and pair with the N6, happy to write a review of this. My current daps, hps' and iem's are in my sig.

Nice! Keen to see your impressions of the N6 next to your QA360! Always wondered how my N6 would fair but didn't have much chance to try the QA360 

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 93
Interested. Here are the details:

1) Your location. Auckland New Zealand.

2) Links to previous reviews (if any). Have about 6 reviews and video review channel in youtube. http://www.head-fi.org/users/384948/reviews. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9_a4tUSi8tSJ2W88Kuk8-A

3) Previous / Current players owned. AK240, HM901, Calyx M, ZX2, AK120II, Pono Player

4) What headphones / IEMs you wish to try with Cayin N6. JH Audio Layla and Sony Z7.

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #8 of 93
Thanks for applying guys! its going to great for everyone!

Mach3, we need you to fill in the requirement fields listed in the first post. Thanks!

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 93

Thanks for applying guys! its going to great for everyone!

@Mach3, we need you to fill in the requirement fields listed in the first post. Thanks!

Hi H2O, 

I have to withdraw from the tour, my work has placed me in a new role which require me to do further studies.
They've enrolled me into a course part time, so I don't think I have time to write up a proper review to do the N6 justice.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 93
Hi H2O, 

Really keen to participate:

1) Your location: Wellington, New Zealand

2) Links to previous reviews (if any): http://www.head-fi.org/users/51001/reviews

3) Previous / Current players owned. : HTC M7, Kogan M4 player 
wink.gif

4) What headphones / IEMs you wish to try with Cayin N6. : Senn HD580, AKG K500, KRK 8400, Philips Uptown, JVC FXT90

5) Agree to the terms of completing a product review.: Agreed!

Cheers

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #11 of 93
Thanks for popping in @daduy 
smile.gif

Just so you guys know, we also have a default list of members used on Australian tours, they will be included in the N6 leg. 

We probably want to top out at around 10-12 members (max)

So keep the posts coming guys, spots are still open.  

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #12 of 93
Up!

For the final call on anyone interested in this Australian / New Zealand tour.

4 days before invitations close, then we'll get this underway. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #14 of 93
  Pick me, PICK ME!!!

Luckily, DJScope is one of our default members attending the Cayin N6 tour.

Because he writes significantly in-depth reviews, and simply cannot be stopped with ultra-specific participation.

Our hats go off to you, DJScope. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #15 of 93

Luckily, DJScope is one of our default members attending the Cayin N6 tour.

Because he writes significantly in-depth reviews, and simply cannot be stopped with ultra-specific participation.

Our hats go off to you, DJScope. 
beerchug.gif

Damn straight!!! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back