[TOUR] Cayin N6 - DAP Australian / New Zealand Tour Impressions
Jun 23, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #16 of 93
Ok guys,

Thanks to everyone who applied, Cayin have been excellent giving each one of you a position in the tour! We have a total of 10 members participating and the list order has been updated in the first post.

The Cayin N6 unit is traveling to my place which we're using as a landing zone. I will then ship it out to the first member, Loquah. It should be with me in about a week roughly.

Thanks again to everyone and let's make this run smooth as possible!

Any questions at any time please post here in this thread or send me a PM. 

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #17 of 93
Awesome! Thanks Luke.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 93
  Looks like a only the handsome people got chosen. 

I concur 
cool.gif

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #20 of 93
He must have made an exception for me then.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #21 of 93
  Ok guys,

Thanks to everyone who applied, Cayin have been excellent giving each one of you a position in the tour! We have a total of 10 members participating and the list order has been updated in the first post.

The Cayin N6 unit is traveling to my place which we're using as a landing zone. I will then ship it out to the first member, Loquah. It should be with me in about a week roughly.

Thanks again to everyone and let's make this run smooth as possible!

Any questions at any time please post here in this thread or send me a PM. 

Thanks very much H20 for organising the tour and make it happen. Wish you all have a nice journey with our N6.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 25, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #23 of 93
So here it is guys, the little Cayin N6 tour soldier arrived ready for you guys. 

Looks like we'll be getting under way sooner than expected! 

Still with factory screen protector intact and some of the nicest design I've seen from a portable player. The build quality is top notch from top to bottom.

I'll be holding Cayin N6 over the weekend then forwarding to Loquah early next week express post. 

There's also a silicon case included, I suggest (unless for photos) we try to keep this on at all times. 

As a side note, I've also updated the thread title: [TOUR] Cayin N6 - DAP Australian / New Zealand Tour Impressions

Don't get lost finding your way here! 

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #24 of 93
  So here it is guys, the little Cayin N6 tour soldier arrived ready for you guys. 

Looks like we'll be getting under way sooner than expected! 

Still with factory screen protector intact and some of the nicest design I've seen from a portable player. The build quality is top notch from top to bottom.

I'll be holding Cayin N6 over the weekend then forwarding to Loquah early next week express post. 

There's also a silicon case included, I suggest (unless for photos) we try to keep this on at all times. 

As a side note, I've also updated the thread title: [TOUR] Cayin N6 - DAP Australian / New Zealand Tour Impressions

Don't get lost finding your way here! 

Thanks H20. Enjoy it with our other friends on the tour.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #27 of 93
Some basic thoughts / notes after 48 hours with N6 can be found linked below.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/740557/cayin-n6-dap-dual-pcm1792-btl-amplication-circuit-24-192-dsd128-sacd-iso/1305#post_11723324

The Cayin N6 is heading to Loquah tomorrow express post - the tour will officially start when he receives it. (hopefully on Tuesday)

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #29 of 93
Hi folks, the N6 is with me now (insert evil laugh)

I have a little surprise coming for you all, too...

More to come soon so watch this space.

Looking forward to it...

How is the synergy with PM-3?

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #30 of 93
Looking forward to it...

How is the synergy with PM-3?

Honestly, not the best
frown.gif

The PM-3s have a slight upper mid-range emphasis which is great on neutral-warm sources, but I think the N6 has a little of it's own emphasis and I feel like it's too much of a good thing when they're combined. I feel like the treble and upper-mids is dominating a little too much for my tastes.

With that said, I'm not personally a huge fan of the N6 to start with so I may not be the best person to discuss its synergy with anything because it's starting with a distinct disadvantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back